“Great Fish n chip” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #20 of 206 Restaurants in Hilo
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Hilo , HI
“Great Fish n chip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have enjoyed many dinners here and the setting next to the water is great but what I really like is there fish n chip for lunch. I tried the wraps too but I always find myself going back to my old favorites. great staff too and friendly.

Visited March 2013

“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stoped at Ponds while in Hilo on accident. We went n and ate lunch. It was a great lunch and the staff was more than friendly. We had our 3 year old and the waiter gave him ome food to feed to the fish and ducks. he loved it. I would reccomend this place to anyone looking for good food at a reasonable price. the lunch we had was great and there were no complaints.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, TX
“Incredible Fish & Chips”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

My wife and I were in Hilo recently around lunch time and checked out Trip Advisor for some guidance. Ponds looked like a worthy candidate and it turned out to be a very good lunch spot. Fish & Chips often leave me flat, but The Mahi Fish & Chips at Ponds were tremendous - a nice crisp outside and succulent on the inside. I was so engrossed in mine, I don't remember what everyone else had, but they all thought it was a winner too. Not crowded when we got there a little before noon, but filled up fast. Service was a bit on the slow side, but the food more than made up for it. A definite recommend! Ordering a drink special (The Hawaii 5-0) was comical - the waitress didn't know what I was talking about and the bartender came out to the board and wrote down the ingredients. Not surprisingly, it was so so - stick with a traditional drink, beer or whatever.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Pearl City, Hawaii
“Disappointment”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Service was slow. The restaurant was not full yet wait time to order and receive meals was really slow. Steaks was tough but did have good taste. View was good.

Visited April 2013
Newcastle, Australia
“Great food, Great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

My husband and I had take out one night and dined in the next. Food both times was great. Take out was quick and service was excellent. Dine in service was quick and the food cooked to perfection. I would highly recommend eating here.

Visited April 2013