“Lovely Window Views” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #21 of 190 Restaurants in Hilo
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Doing business, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Los Angeles
“Lovely Window Views”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

A local restaurant with lovely views over the pond. Very pleasant atmosphere. I had fish and it was very nice. Service good. So, not your top gourmet experience, but if you want something that is not too expensive, in a pleasant atmosphere, with good food, off the 'Hilo strip' and not in the 'Hilo mall' this might be your place.

Visited November 2012

San Jose, California
“Nice atmosphere, but can't cook a steak”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Seriously, if you can't cook a sirloin steak medium rare after three attempts, take it off the menu.

• Visited November 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Sacramento, California
“Nice atmosphere, good service, lousy food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Had leg of lamb. It was like shoe leather and tasteless. I couldn't eat it. Luckily my wife had a chicken dish that I could share. I wasn't impressed with the dinner salad, raw veggies or the garlic mashed potatoes, either. After the meal the chef made his rounds. When he asked about my meal I told him the lamb was tough and tasteless. He said sorry we couldn't get the right cut of lamb. This was shoulder. I said maybe he shouldn't have served it. He said people liked it like that. Bad answer...

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Anchorage, Alaska
“The Ponds Hilo - Romantic with a scenic view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I first ate here a few years back after finishing an assignment in Kwajalein, after months of institutional food this place was heaven... This time my better half and I were finishing a 'round the Big Island drive around and was staying at a nearby Hotel. I had to try this place again! Chef Agustin Rios creates wonderful food... both my Wife and I were impressed with the portions, the very friendly staff, atmosphere and lovely views... The place was full so we ate in the bar next to the window overlooking the pond... After dinner... Met locals & other vacationers and imbibed on tropical libations (very good here), a wonder end to a "Big Island" stay!

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Virginia
“Ponds has it all !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

First time here for our family. We were all so pleased from beginning to end. The atmosphere is charming , the service was wonderful from everyone on staff. Our daughter is Vegan and usually hard to order for. Our beautiful server graciously recommended the Chef make her eggplant parmesan . It was fabulous as was everything we ordered . The Chef even came out and greeted tables ! I was impressed. My only regret is we didn't save room for dessert ! I took a photo of the dessert tray to remind me to save room next time ! : D

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere