“Miss leading, not what I expected” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Aaron's Cottage

Save Saved
You added Aaron's Cottage to your Saves list
Aaron's Cottage
2.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   54 Keokea Loop Road, Hilo, Island of Hawaii, HI 96720   |
Ranked #14 of 18 Hilo B&B and Inns
Texas
“Miss leading, not what I expected”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

When I book a room the most important thing I look for is the bed - this bed looked very old. My husband slept in it and said it slept fine. I did not. The photo (could only find one) was misleading - yes I can see "some" of our room in it, but it must have been taken some time back when everything was new. We did not get the meet the owners as we stayed one day and left early. There was little privacy as the blinds did not shut completely. You can see where attempts are made to have a nice place and with a little more concentration on bathroom floors and bedding might be a good place to stay. I think it just depends on what you are looking for.

Room Tip: Definitely a budgetted type motel.
Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

63 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Menlo Park, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

what a wonderful place to stay! pretty much right around the corner from the airport, clean room with comfy bed and crisp linens, and you get fresh island eggs for breakfast? sold! there's also a little convenience store not far that sells home made icecream, just ask Alan! Penne got in touch with me prior to our arrival asking of any dietary requests, i wanted bacon with my eggs, and guess what, i got bacon! my only regret is that we didn't stay longer, which will be fixed next time we're on the Big Island. could not have thought of a better "welcome to Hawaii!" than we got at Aaron's Cottage!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed here with our two kids. There are three private living areas that open up to the backyard. Room was clean. Not plush, but nice.

There were several beach/swim areas within a ten minute walk. Two were great for taking our two year old.

There is a shared kitchen with a come and go breakfast cooked fresh every morning. If you want breakfast in bed, this is probably not the place. We cooked one meal one evening and really enjoyed it.

Alan and Penne were very friendly and helpful. Nice backyard and free parking!

Will stay again if we make it back.

Room Tip: Book early and stay a few nights. Book direct through their website.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I needed a budget place to stay for one night that wasn't too far from the airport and Aaron's Cottage was just the place! For the price (in Hawaii) it was a good value. For $70 I had a private room, comfy bed, refrig, micro, internet, my own bathroom, free parking, and breakfast!

It's not fancy; but then again, you get what you pay for and thankfully they keep it affordable. It was about a $20 cab ride from the airport, the cab driver couldn't find it, and it's not close to much (except apparently a fantastic beach that I didn't make it to.) If you are a light sleeper, you may want to bring ear plugs as my room was right on the corner, so I heard anyone pull up and walking to their room, however, overall it was thankfully very quiet. Breakfast was plentiful.

I would recommend!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Brisbane Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed at this great B&B the owners Alan and Penne are a great hosts. We arrived before check in time after very long flight from Australia and Alan and Penne were very kind to let us check in early. The rooms were very clean and comfortable the breakfast wraps were delicious. Alan and Penne were so helpful with information on what to do on the island they are very knowledgeable and will go out of there way to help with anything you may want or need to know. We would recommend this B&B if you are looking for a great budget place to stay

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
ca.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Great place to stay. Love the home-made coconut muffins and fruit grown on the property in the morning. Tiki Lamps were a nice addition. Owners were very nice. I'm a diabetic and they brought in sugar free syrup for the pancakes they made. Nice local beach. We are going back in 2 years and staying longer! :-)

Room Tip: There all good!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Banwell, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

What a lovely place to stay! Just off the main road, but quiet. Spotlessly clean and very comfortable. Lovely gardens. Welcoming host. Just wish I'd been staying longer but was a one-night stopover before flying out - missed out on breakfast as I had to leave early. Would recommend to singles/couples as excellent value. If I ever get the chance to visit Hawaii again I'll DEFINITELY stay here!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Been to Aaron's Cottage? Share your experiences!