My wife and I recently stayed at the Inn at Kulaniapia Falls in the Prince Kalakaua room. The Inn itself is in wonderful condition and the area is beautiful and serene. The room was spacious and clean and in our opinion was better than the room we stayed in at the 4-star resort in Kona a few nights earlier. We also opted to have a RMT come by our room to give us massages; which I must say was money well spent.
The breakfast was also very good, with lots of fresh fruit, eggs and macadamian nut waffles. I'm not a coffee drinker but my wife simply adored the coffee; mind you, coffee in most places in Hawaii is very good. The young lady who prepared our breakfast very nice and hospitable; as were Len and Jane.
In terms of negatives, there are a couple, but nothing serious. Firstly, part of the trip to the inn, the road is either very narrow or unfinished, so expect a slow, bumpy ride. The directions on the website are good and there is some signage along the way, which are helpful. Lastly, there is no air conditioning or a tv in the room. While there is a tv in the lounge downstairs, you do run the risk of getting bit my mosquitos.
Overall, our stay at the inn was very nice experience and we would definitely stay there again the next time we are in Hilo.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn At Kulaniapia Falls Hotel
- The Inn At Kulaniapia Falls Hotel Hilo
- The Inn At Kulaniapia Falls Hilo, Hawaii
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A charming Inn offering four suites with waterfalls and a botanical garden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your The Inn at Kulaniapia Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.