On our honeymoon, this was the best B&B experience: lovely decorated, super-clean room (James Michener), delicious breakfast and especially helpful hosts.
We felt like home away from home and really enjoyed soaking up advice from Matthew who knows the island so well. After a few days stay on Kauai in a resort, we decided to make a road trip on the Big Island and this was our first stay. Hilo Bay Hale has a very good location in Hilo (walkable distance to historic "downtown" and the farmer´s market). We really appreciated the breakfast with Matthews stunning papaya-fruit salad (home-grown!). "Freshly-prepared" breakfast in the 5*-resort on Kauai wasn´t as fresh as at the Hilo Bay B&B.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy Hilo Bay views from this beautifully restored 1912 historic home in the heart of Hilo, close to all the wonderful markets, cafes and galleries that make Hilo so famous. Each room has a private lanai with views of magical koi ponds and/or Hilo Bay and are furnished with period antiques and unique island art. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Hilo Bay Hale Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilo Bay Hotel Hilo
- Hilo Bay Bed And Breakfast
- Hilo Bay Hale Bed & Breakfast Hawaii