“Repeat visit was great! Good job, Diane!” 5 of 5 stars

Wild Ginger Inn Hotel & Hostel
2.0 of 5 Hostel   |   100 Pu'ueo St., Hilo, Island of Hawaii, HI 96720   |
Ranked #5 of 9 Specialty Lodging in Hilo
Dayton Ohio
“Repeat visit was great! Good job, Diane!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2004

I was in Hawaii in February and I stayed at the Wild Ginger Inn for one night on my circle around the island as I always do, and the new owner is doing a terrific job! Very friendly staff, new bedding and towels in the room, Diane the owner makes every effort to make your stay a good one! Nothing fancy about WGI, but it is old Hawaii style and the aloha spirit! I am going back to Hawaii next week, and I will be sure to visit the WGI at least one time while I am there! My favorite place on the Big Island! Myrna

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Garland, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2004

We stayed at the Wild Ginger in July 2004. We had a fabulous stay! Diane the owner and her staff were great! Everyone was helpful and the laid back atmosphere helped contribute to our enjoyment. The rooms were very clean and the breeze from the bay made sleeping a tropical dream with the Koki Frogs in the background.

There are two peacocks that strut around the place along with Meow the resident white cat. There is a simply breakfast served with breads, jams, and local fruits.

We are now back from our vacation and it seems like we lived a beautiful dream. We want to go back!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2004

A few thoughts come to mind when I think of staying at the Wild Ginger Inn this spring.
Cheerful staff (Genesee in particular)
Naturally beautiful garden
Fresh tropical fruit filled breakfast on the house
A short, pleasant walk to down town Hilo
Thanks

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2004

This is such a wonderful place to come for peace, quiet, and relaxation. Well maintained and very non-commercial, this is the place I stayed for 3 weeks to get away from it all.The employees were so friendly, and even invited me to sing Karaoke with them.Thanks Wild Ginger Inn!!!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2004

We were delighted to find the accommodations at the Wild Ginger were exactly as described and pictured on the web sight. We adored it for its simplistic nature, old Hawaii tropical feel and reasonable rates.
We look forward to going back again to stay with Diane and the wonderful Peacocks and sending our friends there whenever possible.
Aloha

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2004

Thanks to Diane and her friends, the WGI is moving in the right direction. We stayed there last year and found the aloha spirit well and alive. The breakfast was truly outstanding with many local fruits and breads, juice and spreads. If you plan to stay, don't expect a "cookie cutter" Inn. This establishment is truly Hawaiian. Have Diane tell you about the history of the WGI---it is truly fascinating. This inn will only get better as time goes on. GIVE IT A TRY!!!!
Mahalo, Richard and Marilyn

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2004

I moved to Hilo on December 31, 2003 and stayed at the Hilo Bay Hostel for 3 nights - the street traffic noise was too much, even for my earplugs! So I moved to Wild Ginger Inn, only a couple blocks away, and what a wonderful experience. I stayed for a month waiting to move into my rental house. Diane, the proprietor, is a happy, high energy gal, and adds so much to the experience. The rooms are OK, but the location is great for walking anywhere in Hilo. The grounds are wonderfully landscaped, giving a very rural feeling even though an apartment building is next door. The lobby area is casual and arranged well to meet other guests if you wish as well as be undisturbed if you wish. I loved my month stay at Wild Ginger Inn. Elaine Munro, Berkeley, CA

Been to Wild Ginger Inn Hotel & Hostel? Share your experiences!