Not good. Where do I start? We stayed two nights so my husband could attend a seminar there. Check in is at 4 pm. We arrived after 5 pm. Our room was not ready! We go to dinner and come back and get our room just before 7. Night one. Fire alarm sounds around 9 PM. We dress and go out the fire exit which leads to the Oceanside pool area. We could see that many guests were looking off the balcony and NOT evacuating. That was alarming. I believe fire code requires floor and room searches but maybe I'm wrong. Then we waited, and waited. No one came to get us or give us the all clear. Finally someone went around to the desk. One woman erupted at the elevators saying this hotel was the worst ever.
The next day I left early with a friend to go to the waterfalls. I put the door hanger on for the maid to make up the room at 8 am. My husband visited the room twice during his seminar breaks. No service and the maid cart sat unattended across from our room all day. I got back at 3 pm. Door hanger in place. I remove it to nap (I am disabled and I really need this sleep time). Knock at the door. It's the housekeeper wanting to know if I need service! No at this point I just want towels. "Well we don't have towels. I will bring them later."
So our room never got cleaned because the maid was clever at getting out of it. Then...The TOWELS NEVER CAME! Headed down to the front desk at 7 pm because we want to shower!!!
Had to go down physically because the rooms do not have phones. What to do in am emergency??? I wonder!!??
Three other parties were at the desk also asking for towels, from 3 different floors.
The parking lot had broken bottles in it. The grounds need extensive repair and are dangerous in many areas. This property sits on a prime spot. They need about 3 to 5 million to make it what it should be. Just awful. Don't stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the relaxed pace of Hawaii Island when you stay at the iconic Hilo Naniloa Hotel, located near downtown Hilo's quaint shops and eclectic restaurants, and the Hilo Airport. A favorite destination of both kamaaina and visitors for generations, our waterfront hotel welcomes you with comfortable and affordable accommodations, sundeck and pool, golf course, and 24-hour front desk. As a bonus, when you book directly with Hilo Naniloa Hotel each guest receives a free round of 9-hole of golf for every day of your stay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Hilo Naniloa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Naniloa Volcanoes Hotel Hilo
- Hawaii Naniloa Hotel Hilo
- Naniloa Volcanoes Hilo
- Hi Naniloa Hotel Hilo
- Hilo Naniloa Hotel Hawaii