“Kama'aina Hotel” 3 of 5 stars

You added Uncle Billy's Hilo Bay Hotel to your Saves list
Uncle Billy's Hilo Bay Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   87 Banyan Dr., Hilo, Island of Hawaii, HI 96720   |
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Hilo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2005

The rooms were old and smelt funny. There were cigarette burns on the counters. The hot and cold water fixtures were reversed and we only found out after we scald ourselves. The parking was inadequate because there were not enough stalls. The maid was this poor little old lady that I felt the need to lend her a hand. The rooms seemed to be adjoined because you could hear everything that was going on next door. But the restaurant was the bomb.

Stayed March 2005
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2005

"Too good to be true!" That is the way I would express my personal experience. I found the hotel casual and comfortable and the people warm, wonderful and friendly. I absolutely plan on returning.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2005

I feel that some of the reviewers are being too harsh about the Hilo Bay. Sure it's not the fanciest hotel on the island but it is one of the least spendy. I'd rather spend my vacation money seeing the sights than blow it all on a fancy schmancy hotel room that I'm only going to sleep in at the end of the day. The rooms are clean, the restaurant has delicious entrees to offer, and the staff is very friendly. I was especially impressed with the reservations manager who is courteous, friendly, not to mention cute! All in all the Hilo Bay is a good hotel that has a lot to offer for a reasonable price.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2005

My daughter and I spent two weeks in Hawaii in early January 2005. We were extremely pleased with the wrap-around lanai in room 242 with the ocean lapping right below us. The room was clean, of more than adequate size, and we enjoyed friendly service, and good food. We would choose Uncle Billy's in Hilo over the fancy Hilton we stayed in on the other side of the island any day.

Been to Uncle Billy's Hilo Bay Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Uncle Billy's Hilo Bay Hotel

Address: 87 Banyan Dr., Hilo, Island of Hawaii, HI 96720
Location: United States > Hawaii > Island of Hawaii > Hilo
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Hilo
Hotel Class:2 star — Uncle Billy's Hilo Bay Hotel 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Uncle Billy's Hilo Bay Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Uncle Billys Hilo Bay Hotel
Uncle Billy's Hilo Bay Hotel Hawaii

If you own or manage Uncle Billy's Hilo Bay Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.