“Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Halifax, Canada
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

My husband and I chose an evening at Cafe Concerto to celebrate our 8th anniversary and we weren't disappointed. We made reservations for 7pm and were given a cute little table for two in the outdoor patio section of the restaurant. That is, once we found the place. Look for the greenery and street numbers on either side because, from the direction we were travelling, there was no signage. Parking was along the building next to the cafe. I am glad we were seated on the patio, as the inside was very bright and quite noisy with two other groups dining there. Two servers were on duty that evening and both made sure we didn't wont for anything. We brought our own wine and were happy there was no corkage fee. The owner of the restaurant is also the chef and he came out to visit with us during the meal. Very nice.

But on to the food: the menu is limited, but appropriate. We shared a salad to start, then I had the cheese and spinach ravioli and hubby had the penne pasta dish. The pasta is handmade and delicious! I liked that the amount of food on my plate was just right. Too many places give either too much or too little. For dessert, I chose the tirimisu and my husband had the ice cream dish. To finish, we both enjoyed the lemony digestive that was also made by the chef. Overall, it was a lovely meal and we would love to go back. The entire meal, including tax and tip, was under $50. At home, for a meal like this, we would have paid close to a hundred. Excellent value!

• Visited February 2013

Juneau, Alaska
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Small place, big flavors.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This place is BYOB, you need to know this first thing so you don't forget to bring your own bottle of Red.

We ate out 2-3 times a day for over a week on this side of the island (Hilo) and this was by far our best meal. It wasn't even close. That's it; that's all I'm going to say.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Pahoa, Hawaii
“a surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Terrific authentic Italian food where you might not expect it. The chef/owner makes some specialties you won't find elsewhere in Hilo. Comfy casual atmosphere and friendly waitstaff.
Highly recommended.

• Visited December 2012
Hawaii
“Authentic Italian food at a reasonable price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

seats are limited. If you are a big eater I suggest you look somewhere else or order a salad also. small menu, only a couple of dishes with meat. I ordered the caprese salad, maybe like 5 or 6 tomato slices with fresh mozzarella with salad. dressing was good. This is a full salad. Comes with 2 pieces of bread which taste good but it is the size of your pinky. I ordered the four cheese ravioli that is stuffed with spinach and cheese and its in this creamy sauce that also comes with bread. Ravioli was good. I ate every little thing on the plates I was just right not stuffed. They had three choices for dessert, panna cotta, tirimisu, and ice cream. you can bring your own wine, they provide wine glasses and uncork it for you. Waitress even offered to take the second bottle of wine and put it in the fridge. Waitress was nice and came to check. Cook/owner came out several times and asked how we were doing. one friend i was dining with been to Italy and she said the food tasted like in Italy. At the end of our dinner waitress brought out this digestif in a shot glass.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Pahoa
“Fresh pasta cooked by owner. Limited menu some dishes just average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

If you are coming to this restaurant I highly recommend the gorgonzola ravioli. Chicken with angel hair not so good. Salad needed better dressing. Very good prices.

I would return but would probably only order the ravioli. Probably would not venture to other menu items.

Cute little place.