“Fun Run through a garden” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Segway Off Road at Botanical World Adventures

Segway Off Road at Botanical World Adventures
31-240 Old Mamalahoa Highway, Mile Marker 16 on Highway 19, Hakalau, Island of Hawaii, HI 96710
+1 808-963-5427
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 5 Attractions in Hakalau
Type: Segway Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover Hawaii’s only Segway off road rainforest adventure!!In the land where rocks talk, birds sing and flowers grow, you can now take a magic carpet glide deep into the rainforest under the canopies, waterfalls, exotic plants and flowers on the all new Segway Off Road Adventures. Your certified guide will lead you through our botanical gardens where you can experience the taste of spices and a variety of organic fruits, listen to the soothing trade winds and then off to places deep into the rainforest you wouldn’t normally have the opportunity to experience, unless you are a true hiker. On a Segway, these trails become rites of passage, that makes this a once in a lifetime opportunity for a fun and tropical adventure in a way you call your own.
Valley Stream
35 attraction reviews
“Fun Run through a garden”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We got a groupon for a short tour and pass to the garden. We were given instructions on how to use the segways and it was easier for us because we had already gone on a segway tour at Getteysburgh, PA. The woman leading the tour was very friendly and loved zipping around the garden. She stoped at a tree and gave us something she said was a "miracle fruit" and then she told us to put it in our mouth after peeling off the outer skin. We all did this and then after a about one minute told us to spit it out and the cut a lemon into sections and told us to eat it. We weere all amazed that it now tasted very sweet. along the garden tour she gave us about four or five more fruits to try and they were all delicious. She showed us plants that spring on you if you touch them, they were groundcover. There were also many orchids for us to find while touring the grounds.
I think that this kind of tour will whet your appatite for a longer segway tour. Fun fun fun.

Visited October 2012

“Uneventful and uninformative”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

Guide was uninformed about plant life on property Segways were on just grassy surface and had a long drive down a regular road to a cemetery and then down a small hill to look at a waterfall on a roadway we could've seen anyway. We have had the opportunity to ride Segways before but this time even though it was a little bit different with all-terrain vehicles it was very very disappointing for the whole amount of money that we paid for this trip

Mark R, Manager at Segway Off Road at Botanical World Adventures, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Aloha!

So much has changed in the gardens and with our tours since your visit in 2012. Management, staff and so many projects. We want to offer you an opportunity to come back and visit on us. We have made significant improvements and investment to make the gardens more informative and share the huge varieties of plants, flowers, trees, spices, fruits, waterfalls and other amazing areas of the gardens.

Your satisfaction is important to us. Please contact our guest services right away to allow our staff to make this right. We want to listen to what would have made your experience better if you have not had an excellent time. We offer your entrance fee back if not satisfied, so please contact us immediately.

We hope we may have another opportunity to show the improvements we are making each and every day. We would like to share the wonders we offer on the zip lines, Segway or a guided tour with our Garden Director. We look forward to you contacting us.

Mahalo and A hui hou!
Melbourne, Australia
30 attraction reviews
“Good fun and very knowledgable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

We started the afternoon with training in a protected area where there is no traffic. This is our 3rd Segway tour one previously in Oahu and the other in Paris, I always feel nervous but Jannille made sure we where relaxed before she took us on the road. The tour was very informative , we sampled some of the local fruits as we where traveling around. We did the 3 hour tour and I felt it was a bit long for me but my husband loved it. I would recommend this tour to others as its in a safe area with little to no traffic to contend with. The gardens are beautiful and we had lots of fun in the maze. Thanks Jannille for a great day.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
10 attraction reviews
“Lots of fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

This was our first time on a Segway. The staff was great and took their time to make sure we were comfortable before we actually started. I am not very coordinated and was surprised how easy it was. The Gardens were pretty and our guide informative. It did rain so I recommend a poncho and bug spray.

Visited July 2012
Houston, Texas
“Not Like Waikiki”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

This was a great adventure for my husband and myself. We spent some time on Oahu as well and that was not what we were looking for in a vacation. We first encountered Segways in Waikiki, and I was personally disgusted with the machines and how they zoomed around. On the sidewalks they were rude and forced their way through the crowds like they owned the place. My husband was intrigued by them, but I refused to be any part of it. On the Hawaii Island we loved our time their. We came across this beautiful garden that had what we were looking for in our vacation. It just so happened that their were Segways here as well. My husband begged for us to try them out, and I did not want to because of what we experienced on the other island. But the friendly people there talked me into doing their 90 minute tour, and I had the best time. It was the best part of our vacation. Jen our tour guide, whom also from TX, was great. She took us off the beaten path and showed us flowers, fruits, and streams. It was so relaxing, and not what I saw in Waikiki with too much going on, where I imagine there are lots of catastrophes. Thank you Botanical World Adventures for giving me a great time with such an intriguing machine.

Visited July 2012