We stayed here for our honeymoon and would come again--if we rented a 4WD for the driveway. The driveway is the only reason I give this 4 stars instead of 5. Of note, the rooms feel damp and a little musty, but in a good rainforest way. You are basically surrounded by wild jungle, which is great for views and privacy. If you mind the feeling of dampness, though, you may not like it as much.
- professional, knowledgable live-in host
- lots of snorkel and beach equipment available for guests to borrow, in many sizes and for no charge
- gourmet breakfasts cooked in-house by the host. Blueberry pancakes, almond oatmeal with strawberries, eggs, chicken sausage.
- very accommodating of dietary needs
- very quiet
- wifi available throughout the building for free, though the signal was weak in our room and strongest on the adjacent outdoor, covered lanai
- huge common lanai space shared among the guests, with lots of comfy furniture
- great screens to keep out bugs while allowing for good views and calm breezes
- the host cleans the room impeccably well and incredibly timely. even when we were out for only an hour, we returned to find a perfectly appointed room.
- common kitchen area with microwave and full dining set
- refrigerator in unit
- The driveway is long, windy, and unpaved. By unpaved I mean there are huge pothole sized chunks of road that require you to slow to a barely perceptible crawl to avoid dragging the bottom of your car. I strongly recommend a 4WD vehicle if you stay here, as the plodding route up from the highway will otherwise add 10 minutes to your commute each way, every day.
- Breakfast is from 8 to 9am but because it's a small guesthouse and breakfast is handmade by the host, the hot breakfast is best had at 8am, with not so much flexibility to move that time forward or earlier. There are dry breakfast foods available at other times, but you will be sad to miss the gourmet hot meal if you have to eat at another time.
- Husband didn't like the shower soap. Recommend you bring your own if you're picky.
We stayed in the Aloha room, which is much smaller than it looks on the website. The other rooms loo...
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.