“Great food!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Kentucky
“Great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

Highly recommend to try the Buffalo steak or burger. Buffalo meat is raised on farm across the street from hotel. Also recommend the house dressing for your salad. Very good food but service has a lot to be desired. Server never came back to refill drinks or check on us. She finally brought the bill to our table and never came back to get it.

Highlands Ranch, Colorado
“Chef & food that rival HOU, DAL or NYC restaurants!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I stayed at the Wright Hotel for business and the attached restaurant is beyond expectations. With limited food options in Wright, I had anticipated 30-minute drives to Gillette. I was amazed by the food served in this restaurant!

I've done business in many major cities and have had dined with many clients in steakhouses over the years and this steakhouse rivals the best. They specialize in steaks, but everything is good (soups are fantastic too).

Enjoy!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Casper, Wyoming
“You know your in Wyoming when.......”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

.....the # 1 Appetizer on the menu is Rocky Mountain oysters (yep....that's right...bull balls.) Sorry for being inappropriate but some folks need an education when they come to Wyoming....

I had the Cowgirl Cut Filet and it was cooked to perfection. I LIKE MY MEAT MOO'ing and I didn't come away disappointed.....cool in the middle and tasty as can be. They have a wine list, a full bar, and dessert to boost.

The grill is behind glass and I'll be bringing the kids next time as nothing beats a good meal and a show when in Wyoming. Brings me back to my East Coast days.....NYC knows how to do it right, but the tats on the chef, the waitress, the host in WY are all quite a bit bigger and a little alarming...

Something that is VERY COMMON in Wyoming...tats and ear plugs, strange....More than I ever saw back East....again, Dinner and a Show.

The "stuffed animals" are a taxidermy dream. They are REALLY COOL and took me right back to PA to the Central Hotel in Central PA. A hotel/restaurant from my youth that killed the cow and clam combo, and if you were of age you could get a room if you had too many brews or the snow took away the roads.....So, I gotta find a clam resource, drag it into the Open Range and then, truly I'll be in heaven.

I have to recommend the House dressing, um um good. They put tasty crushed pecans on top of a mixed green medley and it was just wonderfully presented.

Don't miss the creme brulee. I had butterscotch.

Best wishes and make the stop off Rt. 59 between Gillette and Douglas. You won't be sorry and you'd be crazy to keep driving towards Douglas if you are headed South without eating here.

OH PS: I hear you can see the buffalo at the Durham Ranch if you keep your eyes peeled to the North.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Silt, Colorado
“Nothing good about this place!!!!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

We were here on a recent stay and met friends for dinner, restaurant was very nicely decorated and very empty at the time we were in for dinner there was 4 adults and 4 kids! The kids all ordered hot dogs with fries and one chicken strips, I ordered a burger, my wife a salmon BLT and our other 2 friends ordered a New York strip and the other Chicken linguini with no mushrooms or peppers! Anyways we ordered some beers and they come out pretty quickly, well the kids were entertained with coloring but that only lasted for the 1st 30 minutes then they started getting bored! Well anyways we got our food about 1 hour later kids food was cold and same with all the food, almost like the food set in the window for a while! Waitress never checked back had to ask for our bill, then it took about 20 minutes to pay my wife took the kids out side and we never once got an I'm sorry for anything! The place is way over priced and the service is horrible not to mention our waitress smelled like a stinky ashtray! I don't recommend this place I would not waste the time or money on it!!!!!! Very sad to see such a nice place not able to produce the quality service or food!!!!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Denver, Colorado
“Good steaks all around our table”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

There were three of us at our table and we all had the Ribeye done to different temps. Not one of us had any complaints on the quality of our steaks. Had it been better weather I could imagine the view is pretty impressive as well.

Visited April 2012