“Again, not your parents' Motel 6” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Wheatland

Motel 6 Wheatland
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wheatland
Motel 6 Wheatland
You added Motel 6 Wheatland to your Saves list
95 16th Street, Interstate 25, Wheatland, WY 82201   |
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Wheatland
Amarillo, Texas
“Again, not your parents' Motel 6”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

This Motel 6 in Wheatland and the one in Great Falls, Mont., are so not the Motel 6 you're used to seeing. Both places have inside doors to your rooms, to start with.

The Wheatland Motel 6 is clean, quiet and attractive. Its bathroom has a combination tub/shower, a departure from many Motel 6s that just have a shower. The room has a mounted flat-screen TV and a refrigerator. It also had great-tasting coffee in the foyer in the morning. The room has a new-look feel throughout.

Pet friendly, as all Motel 6s are. I requested a first-floor room because of my dog, and I received one. The staff was extremely courteous.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Denver, Colorado, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

The good:
The staff at night is polite
The building has a roof
The rooms have a decent TV
Indoor plumbing/hot water
There is a bed
I don't believe any member of the staff has stolen anything at this time
They put the TV remote in the same place every day

The bad:
There is a gap between 1 and 3 inches on almost every door If you are next to an exit, your not going to sleep
The "premium room" I was put in was about 1/3 the size of the non-premium room I had myself moved to
Sometimes, you wont get clean towels, they will just fold up your dirty ones. Especially annoying when you checked in and walked in a room that had somebody sleeping in it, and they folded HIS dirty towels and expected me to use them
Your room will be left open for hours, every week. Hopefully you don't have any belongings you desire to keep. They state its because they are 'cleaning', I didn't see a cleaning lady or a roomba the few times I've found my door (and dozens of others) wide open. Literally, it can be left open for over an hour at a time!
The carpets are filthy. I'm not kidding, really filthy.
Both of the rooms I have stayed in have serious plumbing issues. For example, shower heads that spray water everywhere but where you point them, sinks that constantly run water
I don't believe they have ever cleaned any of the showers. Both rooms had a thick scum buildup, you know the black nasty kind
The day staff is really hit and miss. Its too bad your forced to deal with them. I kind of wish I did find a roomba, that could address any complaints
The WiFi will cut out constantly. I have had a maximum of 2 bars but normally just one. Every night it can take over an hour to load some pages that load up in seconds on my phone.
No coffee maker
Fine for cooking
Fine for smoking
Fine for having a pet in a room that's a pet room to one person, and not a pet room to the next staff member. I literally had to rent another room in another motel for a couple days when my girlfriend visited.
The keycards are awful, sometimes they only last four or five days. You can get a key to any room just by asking. On accident I stated the wrong room number, and they gladly gave me a key. I went back and stated the wrong number again (co-workers room this time) and got their key two minutes later. They didn't become suspicious even after I asked for a third key, to my actual room. It was of course an accident, I had moved rooms and forgot my actual new room number.

I guess we can all laugh these off as first world problems - but when they advertise their welcome to hunters and I see loaded rifles in rooms I could have easily walked in to, you really worry. It really hits home when you walk and double take... and see your room open and nobody around... and your company issues you a firearm that they so gladly moved from your little hiding spot and placed on the chair that's now holding your door open. When I complained (the third time) about needing to have my room secured when not actively occupied, the lady told me I shouldn't have a firearm. I thought I was in America still! If you have the audacity to complain, they can actually black list you from every motel 6 apparently. Hasn't happened yet, but maybe not the greatest loss. For a few bucks more you can get much larger rooms, with coffee makers, microwaves, swimming pools, etc...

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the east side of the motel, or you will hear the highway all night.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Wheatland, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear Jacob C,
Thank you for sharing your review. We apologize for the unpleasant stay you had as a result of the maintenance and cleanliness issues you experienced. These conditions are not consistent with Motel 6 standards for quality, and we encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Great staff. The room was clean and cool. The staff was very helpful. The motel was very full yet the staff was willing to share information about the area with us. I will stay here again. Close to the highway.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Motel 6 is always a great value for our money. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. You do need to bring your own shampoo, conditioner and blow dryer but i'm sure this is a cost saving measure. (I carry my own any way)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Clean, nice people, no hassles. Friendly staff. Comfy bed, good night's sleep, plenty of parking and conveniently located. No shampoo/conditioner or hair dryer so bring your own. There's a vending machine for your basic needs. Missed breakfast (could use a sign to tell you where it is), but the plates going by looked more substantial than expected. It wasn't just budget cereal and a bagel - they had eggs, sausage, and more. Did have a fridge in the room! Fun bed spreads - love all the pictures!

Room Tip: View of Wheatland from every room! The entire town of Wheatland rolls up their sidewalks at 10:00 pm...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Custer, South Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

So we arrive to the motel to check in we were suppose to have 2 rooms with 2 beds together, well they have 3 reservations for us, have our rooms on opposite ends of the motel and different floors also. We ended up taking one room with one bed and the other room with 2 beds so we could be close, it took an hour to get checked, at first was overcharged and when we questioned was told taxes and we couldn't believe there was $40 in taxes then the lady was likes opps sorry i charged you to much. With all the mess ups and things we weren't given an kind of discount paid the same amount for a room with one bed as for a room with 2 beds.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Roundup, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

We have atayed here three times, most recently in NOvember, 2012. The staff is friendly, the rooms are s bit small, but clean. But If all one wants is a comfortable bed snd s good night's sleep, this is a prime spot.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Motel 6 Wheatland? Share your experiences!