“Usual good experience but don't call double beds "queen"” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Torrington

You added Holiday Inn Express Torrington to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Torrington
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1700 East Valley Road, PO Box 1153, Torrington, WY 82240-1153   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Torrington
New York City, New York
“Usual good experience but don't call double beds "queen"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

I have used HI Express several times lately and I found them to be consistently good. This one is like the rest, just a bit pricey given the location. True, there is a freight train line close to the building (across the highway) but I sleep like a log and it didn't bother me. The only thing that annoyed me is the fact that the clerk insisted that the beds were queen size when they were most clearly double size. I can tell the difference. Really.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Wrightstown, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

Everything you would expect form brand new Holiday Express. Everything spotless clean and comfy, good breakfast, clean pool. Remember request room on the back side of a hotel, train noise is not a joke. We did that well in advance , hotel looked half empty at the time but they still ignored our request, be persistent and ask them at check in , we thought it probably would not be a big deal but it was, trains blow a whistle at a crossing in town.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Yankton, South Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

The hotel was very nice, the room was very clean and comfortable and breakfest was good. We woke up 3 or 4 times during the night as a train across the street blew it's whistle while coming thru town.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
West Hills, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

I booked this room for my husband 5 months ago. I mentioned to the male clerk that he wanted a quiet room away from the pool if possible. The answer was "not a problem". This is the point when you think he would’ve mentioned they are located next to train tracks, which I was to find out later. He emailed a verification code to me.

I had to call and change the reservation for a smaller room 2 months before his planned trip. When I asked the female clerk for an updated email with the new lower rate I was told "oh we don't do that here"….whatever. When my Husband arrived he was told his room was in the back near the TRAIN TRACKS!? They said they couldn't offer another room but there were earplugs in the room. When he complained further he was told he had to request a room away from the tracks when he made his reservation and was told he could go down the street to another hotel. He declined her "offer" and kept his room. While he was outside the clerk came out and told him she had another room for him, he said she was much nicer then she had been a few minutes earlier. He called me while he was standing in front of the hotel, during our conversation a train went by and we couldn't hear each other because it was so loud. I hope the earplugs can help with the rumble you feel as a train goes by! I will update this after he has stayed in the room and let you know how often that train went by in the night.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2011

Our family stopped here for one night on our way from Denver to Mount Rushmore. The hotel is in good shape, except for the indoor pool which was still undergoing repairs. The room, lobby, and breakfast area were clean and well-kept. The breakfast offered a good mix of cold (cereals, yogurts, muffins, bagels, etc.) and hot (pancakes, eggs, bacon, biscuits and gravy, etc.) items, along with juices, coffees, and teas.

The hotel is directly across the street from the railroad tracks. The front desk agent said trains pass through about once an hour. Half the rooms face the rails, the other half do not. The agent kindly put us in a "non-rail" room. We did not hear trains at all for our entire stay.

The floors in the building are noisy, so I suggest you request a top floor room. Please tread lightly out of courtesy for the guests beneath you, however...

There is not much to do in Torrington, but the front desk agent made good recommendations for dinner (we ate at Jose Paizanos which was nice - I will write a separate review). The town seems to shut down, aside from restaurants, by 6pm.

Room Tip: Call hotel direct, request room away from rails
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Wyoming
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2011

We were in town for an event that had travelers from all over the state. This hotel is new enough that a street view on google maps shows a car wash and an empty field. Given the new correctional facility in town and the increased oil play in the area, this hotel has no interest in giving lower rates for larger groups. It was a pricey room for a town of less than 6,000 people. The price is more in line with what I would expect pour of Denver.

That being said, the room was spacious and clean, the towels soft and the bed comfy. The breakfast offerings were decent, with yogurt, milk, warmed cinnamon rolls, eggs, biscuits and gravy, little sausages, french toast (heat in toaster), bagels, bananas, toast and juices. I am disappointed that the pancake machine doesn't run on Sundays, but there was adequate, if carb intense, choices.

Note that a train runs through the center of town, and there is no place where you won't hear the train. This hotel provides ear plugs to those who need them.

The pool and whirlpool were undergoing remodeling; the exercise room consisted of three treadmills.

Room Tip: Quieter if you can get a room on the north side
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Fort Collins, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2011

I recently stayed at the holiday inn in torrington and even though the hotel was okay, the service i received was the worst customer service I have ever experienced. Upon checking in by a woman whose name i believe to be diane? or something like that was obviously trying to flirt with me. It made me very uncomfortable and every time I tried to walk away from the desk to go to my room she would make some sort of sexual comment toward me. i was completely violated.
The next morning, I came down to complain about the pool being down and Tammy, the manager, was extremely rude. It seemed like she didn't care about what I had to say or the other customers in general. I don't know who her boss is but something needs to be done about her. I have never been treated so poorly in my entire life. I would rather sleep in my car than go back and deal with those people ever again.
Other than the horrible front desk service, the rooms were clean and the housekeeping staff was very friendly.

Room Tip: don't deal with tammy or diane
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Torrington
Americas Best Value Inn Torrington
Oak Tree Inn  Morrill
Oak Tree Inn Morrill
#1 of 1 in Morrill
4.0 of 5 stars 20 reviews

Been to Holiday Inn Express Torrington? Share your experiences!