“by far the worst hotel we've ever stayed in” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn

You added Quality Inn to your Saves list
Quality Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   166 US Highway 20 South, PO Box 569, Thermopolis, WY 82443 (Formerly Super 8 Thermopolis)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Thermopolis
Casper, Wyoming
“by far the worst hotel we've ever stayed in”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

By far the worst hotel we have ever stayed in. Both comforters in the room were stained with blood and what I pray was coffee instead of animal urine. We called the front desk to have housekeeping give us new clean bedding and they only did it for one bed. There were chewed up sunflower seeds under the table from whoever stayed in the room before us. The pool was only half full, breakfast advertises a full continental breakfast from 6-9:00. We went in at 7:30 and there was coffee apples and yogurt. We did an advance purchase on our room and the staff did nothing but hound us to pay for the room to the point that I had to call Motel 8's 800# to have them call the front desk and tell them we are paid for. There were holes in the walls, no iron or ironing board and anytime we called or went to the front desk for help no one was there. It was the worst stay ever. Gross hotel and inexperienced staff. The Days Inn Thermopolis will get our business from now on.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel and do not do advance purchase
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
RED LODGE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

There were a few families that where LOUD. I didn't like the location of the room so the night desk clerk changed the room. The room maid was friendly. THE BREAKFAST HAD NO GLUTTEN FREE other than SUGARY KID YOGURT.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

EVANSTON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

The room was booked through Super 8 online and when we arrived at the motel, the price of the room had increased from our online price quote. Upon showing the online confirmation to the desk clerk, they indicated they couldn't give the online price to us because the lodging taxes were more. The desk clerk did discount their amount but had to charge us the higher lodging tax. I had reserved a room with a king size bed and when we went to our room, it was 2 queens and a bunk bed so i had to go back to the office and see why we didn't get the room with the king. The desk clerk said that Super 8 online had been overbooking their rooms and there was nothing available, but upon checking their computer, found that someone had checked out of a king room and so now it was available. We were able to stay in the room with the king bed. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. In the morning we went to the complementary breakfast but it was undesirable with not much offered, so went to a restaurant. The staff was friendly and the motel clean but while we were at the desk, there were other people who came in and their reservations couldn't be found. There seems to be much confusion with Super 8 online and the motel itself. I would recommend the motel because of the cleanliness and friendly staff but I wouldn't suggest going through Super 8 online to book it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Billings, Montana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Hotel looks very nice on the outside, but goes downhill from there. I don't like to be negative, but this is the trip "advisor" site. Four people standing around the front entrance taking a smoke break when I arrived. When I checked in, the clerk ran my credit card before realizing someone else had already done that after I made my online reservation. The hallways are filthy, but fortunately the rooms are cleaned pretty well. The Hotel is one of the noisiest I've ever stayed at. My recommendation is to stay at the Days INN or Best Western in town. They are a little bit more money, but that's where I'll stay from now on. I'll try to post a positive review from the next town.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!