“Good room for a great price.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hot Springs Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Thermopolis
Hot Springs Inn
You added Hot Springs Inn to your Saves list
600 Broadway, Thermopolis, WY 82443 (Formerly Fountain of Youth Inn)   |
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Thermopolis
“Good room for a great price.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

I don't understand all the negative comments. I stayed for 4 nights my room was clean upon arrival and kept clean throughout my stay. They must have new owners/managers because they were very kind and there to answer any questions I had at any time of the day. This is THE place to stay in thermopolis!!

• Stayed June 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Cody
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

We thought the reviews were a bit daunting. We arrived to find out a new owner and management had taken over and had been making the Inn a nice place to be rooms were clean and appearence was clean. Clearly the new owners had done there homework. Exceptional service. We will come back again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Derby, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

We were on a family trip from Ks to Utah via Yellowstone. I wanted to stay in Thermopolis, as I remembered it from a trip when I was young (the 60's). The Fountain of Youth Inn sounded OK and the price was right. When we arrived, we asked for the best room available, partially because of the TripAdvisor reviews. It was under $80 and was a very nice room. We had lots of space, it had been newly remodeled, beds were comfortable and room was clean. We went to the pool, which is outside of town and fed by hot springs. It had obviously been there a long time, but it was fun. The other people swimming were friendly and we all shared travel stories. The owner came out and sang and performed, which was very nice. The staff at the Inn were very friendly and helpful. The BBQ was good. All in all, I think we got great value for our money and would definitely stay there again. This from a woman who generally wants the best room available in the best hotel around.

Room Tip: Ask for the best room available/ get a newly remodeled room
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

The good-

BBQ- that young man can really cook.

Front desk- attentive service, mannerly friendly help, always available.

Reasonable rates.

Great central location close to historical museum and old town shopping.

The bad-

Dirty room carpeting.

Walkways and parking lot needing swept of ciggies and trash.

Broken door frame like it was kicked in. I put a chair under the knob.

Smokers allowed into "nonsmoking" room when they begged.

Even the smallest amount of outside "shabby" paint is not "chic".

Advice-

Mo' bettah cleaning in the rooms, especially floors. Sanitize bathrooms. Do repairs. New non-holey linens.

Spruce up/clean up the outside- this place is great vintage. So is the hot pool RV park, and it needs the same care. You could make a fortune without overcharging, become a destination for fans of vintage travel/architecture/health seekers.

Make your computer do more desk duty for you.Make your good staff service even better.

Your place has great potential. Thermopolis has a lot of history and established charm, and you should be participating in that value.

Thanks for a nice stay- no, I'm not crazy. These owners and staff are super. Hopefully the FOY buildings and rooms will come up to their level very soon.

Room Tip: Ask to see rooms, choose after seeing.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Cortez, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

Booked here based on the ability to soak in their hot springs a couple of miles up the road at their RV Park. Manager (Steve) was very helpful and friendly. Room was clean, bed was comfortable, and the fridge was a nice touch while traveling. Our flat screen tv had a fuzzy picture that couldn't be resolved, but we opted to not change rooms, although we were offered that option. Internet in the lobby was useful, and there is a snack-bar/restaurant on-site that we didn't use. Walking distance to historic downtown attractions and restaurants. Front desk staff helped make recommendations for our next night's stay in Cody, and let us use their phone to call, even though it was long-distance. We were offered ice for our cooler in the morning when we checked out. Very accommodating to our needs. Don't miss a trip to the Wyoming Dinosaur Discovery Museum - it was great! I would stay here again when visiting Thermopolis.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

I don't understand some of the other negative reviews. We were there on a Saturday night and there was no roudiness to be found. In fact, Thermopolis is a really nice little town. This hotel is old but, that's OK, it has historic charm. All in all I found it to be clean and well maintained with no trash in the parking lot, lawn chairs are provided outside of the rooms - nice touch. Beds were comfortable and the bathroom was emaculate. There is a great staff there that treated us like home guests. We enjoyed their mineral hot springs just outside of town. Sure, if you compare the Fountain of Youth Hotel to the larger, fancty chain motels in town, they can't match those extra standards but, I rated it 4 stars based on what I got and cokmpared to what I paid for it.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Montrose, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

I searched and booked this one online at.....shall we say, "The most popular locating/bidding website".
Upon arrival, I found the place to be shabby overall. The building looked run down, and the parking lot had debris, including broken auto glass fragments, which in itself was not reassuring.
The manager was atttentive enough, but seemed generally overwhelmed and his paperwork, etc, seemed in disarray. He was juggling reservations, refunds, and walk ins when I got there.
A younger fellow who was there (mgr's son?) was standing around making unhelpful remarks, then tying up the lobby computer on facebook.
The two rooms I saw were a combination of some really nice new furniture and fixtures mixed in with old nonfunctional furniture and fixtures, nasty carpet, and nasty walls and doors. The outer walkways were nastier than the parking lot.
I enquired about the hot springs, which is why I was there. The mgr responded by giving me a parking permit and brochure, which turned out to be for a hot pool at his RV park a few miles away. He never mentioned the actual state hot springs park of anything to do with it.
Just a really unpleasant experience overall. The cost was half what a nicer motel would have cost, but I should have sprung for the extra, since I was only there one night, and this lodging really detracted from the experience.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Been to Hot Springs Inn? Share your experiences!