“Fun Place to Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Thayne B&B and Inns
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Fun Place to Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We were on a family fishing trip and had 3 cabins reserved ... they had us all side by side. Each cabin was clean and decorated with a clever theme. We gathered on our front porches each evening to watch the sunset in the beautiful star valley. They were helpful in directing us to some good fishing places on the Salt River, and a fun hike to a waterfall. Beautiful area, great place to stay, loved the blueberry pancakes for breakfast! We would love to return and will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Spanish Fork
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We had car problems and called to advise that we would be arriving late. Found the lights on in our cabin & parking place right in front. The cabin was spotlessly clean, and the beds were comfortable. The neighbors had "borrowed" all of the chairs from our cabins' porch, but at midnight, we decided to wait until the next morning to look for the chairs. We had a great night's sleep & my youngest (age 10) was thrilled with the place. Managing staff could not have been more friendly and helpful. I wish we were able to stay longer.

Room Tip: We did not try the pool. Although it was advertised as a heated pool, it is outdoors & the weat...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Jackson, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

My daughter, son an I looked at many places to spend the night on hwy 89 traveling to Jackson,WY We finally came across Cabin Creek Inn. I'm delighted to say it made our day! The cabin was outstanding in every way. The kitchen-living room, bedroom, and bathroom were spotless. The cabin had a nice porch with swing and great view. The main lodge, lobby and breakfast area are absolutely beautiful. We enjoyed a wonderful breakfast and conversation with the owner. I urge you to check out the web site. We were there May 13th, 2013. Will always plan our travel time to end up at Cabin Creek Inn.

Room Tip: All the cabins looked great!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Flagstaff, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

This first bit is kind of long, but I want to emphasize the helpfulness, patience, and politeness of the staff.

I was tired from hiking and driving all day (I'd been up since 6:00 AM and it was almost 9:30)...which made me a bit ditzy. I went in and asked how much room were and was told that the only room left was the 'family' cabin (they're all cabins) with two bedrooms, at $112. I didn't want to pay that much for just me, so I said 'thanks anyway' and started to leave. The women behind the counter were tired too, and wanted to get the last room rented (this was Memorial Day weekend). So they stopped me and we worked out something between their normal charge and what I wanted to pay. One woman started the transaction - that's when I realized I'd left my credit card at a place ~1/2 hour up the road. I knew all the numbers and had ID, so she was willing to try running it, but it was declined. (The pesky credit card company had just 'noticed' that there were charges being made in an atypical area for me, and had put a hold on it until I confirmed that it was OK. Bad timing!) She offered to call the place up the road, but I gave them another card and made the call myself. She gave me a key and I headed for the cabin. I grabbed my bags, but when I got to the cabin door I couldn't find the key (I did not remember if they'd actually given me one or not...as I said, I was tired). I left my bags and went back to the office. The woman behind the counter was just sitting down with a child in her lap (it's a very nice lobby, big windows, log walls, comfortable furniture...), but she got up to help me. I determined that they must have given me a key, and I'd dropped it somewhere. I apologized and went back to look for it (it had fallen behind the seat of my truck). Back at the cabin...I went in and dropped my bags, then came back out for my cooler...and promptly locked myself out. Back to the lobby, and the poor woman had to get up again to give me the spare key.

All that above is to emphasize how pleasant, helpful, and patient the staff are. Add to that the pleasantness, cleanliness, and comfort of the cabins, and Cabin Creek Inn is really hard to beat.

Service: Outstanding
Value: Very reasonable for how nice the cabins are. Breakfast isn't quite the normal 'cookie cutter' breakfasts so many places have now.
Sleep quality: Excellent. Very comfortable beds. From the bed, I could look one way out the window at a nice view, or the other at a flat-screen TV mounted on the wall.
Location: Right on the highway (but it isn't a problem), and convenient to Yellowstone/Teton (~2 hrs away).
Rooms: outstanding

Room Tip: It would probably be best to ask for one further from the highway...though I don't really know i...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

This turned out to be an excellent alternative to staying in pricey Jackson on our way to Yellowstone. It turned out to be a surprisingly fully equipped deluxe cabin (in the true sense of the word). Everything looked to be new and just about everything you could wish for was present in this spacious unit. It would be worth a commute to Jackson, which is an easy drive, if staying two nights.

Room Tip: If there is a choice, pick a cabin away from the road. But if not then traffic noise is not a proble...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
KEHRSATZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We chose these cabins based on our itinerary and trip advisor reviews and we were not disappointed! Perfectly situated when traveling to or from the Grand Teton and Yellowstone Parks, these cabins offer a very cozy accommodation, a wonderful breakfast in the Inn and nice owners.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

The Cabin Creek Inn is a rare find! The owners were delightful and the lodge felt like we were being entertained in their private home. Each cabin was decorated with its own theme and incredible attention to detail. Be sure not to miss the creek outside the back window. It silently flows between your cabin and the pastoral Black Angus in the next pasture. I spent quite a bit of time watching the sun set through the tall grass and listened to an occasional fish jump. Wish I was there right now!

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Cabin Creek Inn? Share your experiences!