“The most luxurious hotel I've ever stayed at” 5 of 5 stars

20% Off Summer Savings
Ranked #3 of 6 hotels in Teton Village
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Spotswood, New Jersey
“The most luxurious hotel I've ever stayed at”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

The room was beautiful I've ever stayed in, very comfortable. The infinity pool outside on the third floor overlooking the town and mountains was heated to 80 or 85 degrees so we could enjoy on the chilly day we were there. If that weren't enough, they had a very large jacuzzi on the sixth floor that gave you a beautiful view of the mountains and was delightful. Treat yourself and also enjoy their wonderful spa. It was delightful. Wish I had a reason to go back!

Green Features: Very environmentally friendly from what I read. I was very impressed.

598 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Salt Lake City, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

My rating would be higher were the rooms not so unbelievably small. We stayed 2 nights, one in a "suite" (very nice kitchen including Cuisinart pots and pans, relatively small but well furnished living room). When the Murphy bed is pulled down, this space becomes the bedroom. It had a nice, well furnished outside balcony overlookikng the tram base. The second room was 2 doors down the hall. The space itself was small with the space dominated by a king size bed. Seating was minimal and not particularly comfortable. Who would want to come back from a day skiing or hiking to a postage sized space like this?

The location is slopeside with easy access to restaurants (based on the menu, the Italian restaurant at the hotel was not appealing). Hotel staff are friendly and helpful. The cafe has superb breakfast pastries.

There is a very good exercise facility.

Based on the miniscule rooms and high prices, we are unlikely to stay there again.

Marietta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

We were staying in Jackson, touring the town and Grand Teton National Park. My husband wanted to check out the ski area for a possible future trip, so I booked us at Hotel Terra, based on tripadvisor reviews. It was not a disappointment. Beautiful hotel with lots of amenities. We checked into our room and I noticed an odor. Couldn't quite put my finger on it, but it kicked off my seasonal cough. Halfway through unpacking I took my shoes off and the carpet was damp/wet. Then I knew, they had cleaned the carpet. I wouldn't sleep for coughing so I called the desk. They were extremely nice and said they would move us right away. Not only did they move us, they upgraded us to a beautiful suite. We had a master bedroom, two full bathrooms, a full kitchen with eat in dining, and a lovely living room with a fireplace. Comfort is their business. I thought Teton Village was north of the Tetons and that I had made a significant mistake in its relative location. Proved to be a wonderful location to the park. We saw more animals on the road from the Village to Grand Teton National Park than we did on all our trips in the park. It was perfect. Highly recommend the Village, the location and Hotel Terra.

Morristown, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

We stopped here for one evening, the hotel is beautiful and services are friendly, promptly.
You get what you paid for and enjoy the relaxation.

The Café is a perfect place for breakfast. The restaurant(not belong to the hotel) is not so great.

Green Features: This hotel markets itself as green, and I appreciate their efforts toward this goal.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Room was great and staff was amazing. Very helpful and they brought us a free bottle of champagne for our honeymoon! View was great and everything we needed was in walking distance. Beautiful scenary!

• Stayed September 2013
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

This was our second time staying. We loved it so much 3 years ago that we came back about the same time of year. I've also stayed right in Jackson Hole and prefer Teton Village because of its close proximaty to Grand Teton National Park which is one of the main reasons we come to Jackson. The park entrance is about 1 mile down the road and then you take a windy non-paved road that ends in Moose, WY at the main visitor center. On the road between Teton Village and Moose, I've seen 10 times more wildlife than anywhere else. We saw 2 different bears 2 different times through this stretch on this trip.

The hotel did not live up to the image I had from our previous trip, but it is still a very nice hotel. You pay through the nose for this hotel (and any other hotel in the area) so you expect things to work. Stayed in a studio - paid a little extra for a kitchen and to have a balcony. Electrical outlet in the bathroom did not work - used their hairdryer and my own to be sure it was the outlet. Reported it, and they checked it. But same story - didn't work. Dried my hair in the kitchen where there is no good mirror. Wanted to watch a DVD and had to have someone come try to get it to work. Turns out the wiring in the wall isn't correct so had to connect the cord directly from the DVD to the TV (old school - ha!). Studios are nicer than the standard rooms. Only complaint was the bright lights from the microwave clock and radio at night. Used the dish towels to cover up the light. Enjoyed the heated floors in the bathroom. Tub and shower are nice and I enjoyed the all-natural shampoo/conditioner in the bathroom. Property is starting to show age - spots/stains on the sinks and some wear and tear. Imagine that the tiles on the floor are hard to clean - seemed a bit dirty.

Spa was very nice! Even if you don't book a spa appointment, as a guest you are able to use the jacuzzi at the spa and amenities. Wish that jacuzzi stayed open just a little later though...

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I have never stayed anywhere that I loved more!! After a long day traveling, the two guys at the front desk were SO helpful and accommodating--treated my husband and me as if they had known us forever and made us feel so welcomed! My room was so beautiful, and very Eco- friendly (love that), modern, and the view was second to none! Full kitchen with all modern amenities- even Starbucks coffee! The soaking, jetted tub and the Rainsoft shower head--pure heavenly! Wonderfully appointed, beautiful views, cozy room, comfy bed--close to shopping and dining as well as nature- who could ask for more?!

• Stayed September 2013

Been to Hotel Terra Jackson Hole? Share your experiences!