You added Hotel Terra Jackson Hole, A Noble House Resort to your Saves list
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Billings, Montana
“Great Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Hotel was clean, staff was friendly. I especially likd the fact that some of the rooms have kitchens in them. Its pretty close to the slopes and it had a really cool hot tub on the roof! They don't have room service, but aside from that it was great.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
David K, General Manager at Hotel Terra Jackson Hole, A Noble House Resort, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear tim j,

Thank you for your kind comments. We're pleased that you enjoyed your stay, especially the roof top hot tub! One correction though, we do have room service and I apologize for any miscommunication we may have provided you during your stay.

We all hope you will return to enjoy our roof top hot tub again and to take advantage of our room service offerings.

Wishing you the best from Jackson Hole!

(307) 739-4061

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Hotel Terra is a nice clean, contemporary hotel with good design, an excellent spa and a good restaurant. It's right in the middle of Teton Village, just a short walk to the ski lifts. Staff members are helpful and willing. There are two drawbacks to Hotel Terra: rooms and bathrooms need more lights and the room we had - a standard with King-sized bed - was small. Only just enough room to walk around the bed. Other than that, it's a lovely place to stay!

Room Tip: if you're not set on a king sized bed, then inquire about their rooms with kitchenette and seati...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon in 2011 and I wish we could come every 6 months I loved this hotel so much. One of the best hotels I have ever stayed at. The room we had had a kitchen so we could prepare meals in the comfort of our hotel room. The bathroom and the zoom tub (whatever they call it!) was awesome. We were treated very well by the staff! We came in off season in October so we had tons of privacy and the hotel had a very relaxing vibe. Most of the time (except for the last few weeks of October) you can enter the Teton Park just a mile away from the hotel so even though it isn't in the heart of Jackson Hole it is centrally located to the park. Because we stayed in October we had to drive around quite a ways to get to the park b/c the entrance was closed but the drive is gorgeous so we didn't mind. We used the hot tub which was awesome. The room itself was decorated with a blend of rustic and modern and the decorator definitely has a good eye. I felt right at home!! Couldn't recommend this place enough!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
David K, General Manager at Hotel Terra Jackson Hole, A Noble House Resort, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear MartinANDMarina,

We are all very pleased that you chose Hotel Terra Jackson Hole for your honeymoon. Our hotel and Jackson Hole make for a great escape, especially in October.

If you are considering a return trip to celebrate your anniversary our concierge team is full of ideas for trips and tours tailored specifically for couples.

Wishing you the very best from Jackson Hole!

(307) 690-9571
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

The service, location, and decor are great. The spa is a little small. There is a beautiful rooftop hot tub. The only complaints are the room size which was smallish. Also, there is no true room service. What they call room service is actually take out food from the Osteria which is an excellent Italian pizza and pasta place. The food comes in styrofoam etc and not on plates because they are seperate from the hotel. We have stayed at Teton Mountain Lodge and Snake River Lodge. The condo's at Teton Mountain Lodge are bigger at a similar price.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
David K, General Manager at Hotel Terra Jackson Hole, A Noble House Resort, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Garymdeyes,

Thank you for the "excellent" review! We are all happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Should you return in the future please know that we have numerous room types and sizes available to meet your needs.

Wishing you the very best from Jackson Hole!

San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

This is my second review; I pulled the original and am re-writing due to recent understandings. I stayed here mid-Jan with a friends of mine. Overall the hotel has really good accommodations, good beds, pillow, comfortable. The rooms are very dark - poor lighting - like I can't see in the drawers/closet bad lighting. Also, there are few plugs, not easily located. Very annoying.

The staff was great - nice, accommodating, responsive. The hot tub on the roof is nice after skiing hard all day. The restaurant in the hotel is amazing. I also liked the cafe, although it could be open earlier....

Spa - okay, I had an issue with all the "organic" stuff at this hotel. Did not like the soap, shampoo (all organic). I like my veggies organic, but not my soap/amenities. Also, I had a bikini wax. This was the worst wax ever. It would stick to the hair and wouldn't hard. I felt bad for the staff, as it wasn't her fault, it was the wax. I was picking green wax off my skin for days.
The spa did right, and removed the charge. They were very nice a responsive, but I probably would have this again.

So why the 3 stars? I was tempted for 2. After checked, my roommate remembered at the airport that she left some things in the drawer of our room. She called the hotel and they checked the room. The staff said they found nothing in the room. It was only about an hour + that we had checked out and left. It bugged her, so she called about 5 hours later after she got home. Guess, what! They found her clothes and would ship to her.

When her clothes arrived, several pieces were missing (most expensive ones, of course). She called and the manager said she trusts her staff and she must be mistaken. She would perform an investigation. They went back and fourth. On the last correspondence she asked, ....oh AND, ARE YOU SURE YOUR ROOMMATE DIDN'T TAKE THEM?? Seriously?!?! I don't think so.

So, there she is, expensive clothes gone, and no, I did not take them. I'm glad we put our wallets in the safe and locked them everyday. I'm ambivalent about staying here again and will probably try another place.

Room Tip: I stayed across from the Mangy Moose, which can have some noise. Not much of a view, but ok.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

The hotel Terra is a very well kept and relatively new hotel. Its about a 3 minute walk to the tram and 5 to the gondola. Even if you don't have a mountain view, you are looking at the Tetons so location is not that important.
There is a good small restaurant in the building for breakfast and snacks (watch hotel rooms that come with breakfast- ask how much voucher is for). As well, the Italian restaurant is very nice.

The service in the hotel is excellent. We had a small issue which they finally rectified, but they handles it very professionally.
They have valet ski service which I thought was silly, but actually it was a great service as they stood outside the hotel and grabbed your skiis and poles before you entered the hotel.

The room size itself was the only item I would watch. And thats why I didn't give it excellent. A friend and I had 2 queen beds. It would be most difficult to put a family of four or even 3 (if child is over 10) in the same the same room

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Driggs, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We stayed at Hotel Terra the Saturday night of President’s Day weekend. We are local workers /commuters and wanted to take advantage of a “date night”. We had stayed there once before 7 years ago so I was interested to see how they progressed.
My husband booked his ski ticket w/the room a week or so in advance, and added mine a few days later when I thought my work pass would be unavailable. Upon finding out on Friday it was available to me, I called to see if the 1 pass could be removed easily off his bill, as we did not get any additional discount to the room for the 2nd ticket anyway. Given past experiences at hotel packages, I expected the worst, but the nice concierge said she would look into it and call me back. Sure enough, I received a call telling me it was taken care of. She said it took some extra work on her end which probably didn’t need to be said lol as I didn’t want to feel like I was a bother (but losing over $100 is a lot) but I was happy it wasn’t a struggle.
The Hotel is completely accommodating to people arriving early. We wanted to ski the day of our check in so we were provided w/the parking pass and his ticket w/no problem at 10:00 am. We were told, although we did not need it – that we could use their spa services early too (a shower/hot tub etc) is very nice if your room is not ready and your party is still skiing.
The check in experience was fast, friendly and efficient. Both the Front Desk Manager and Agent were responsive, friendly and 100% professional.
We did visit the hot tub later after check in, and loved it. I found it for a Saturday après ski soak surprisingly empty and peaceful. The spa area is clean & the service wonderfully attentive and friendly without being too unnecessarily formal (cold) as you’ll find at other hotels. The pool, which overlooks the Mangy Moose was not visited. Next time!
Now to the room – WOW. Previously we must have had a junior suite which felt a little cramped but we signed up for that. Their real suite was lovely. See pics. Great deck, lovely layout in the living room and doesn’t give the impression of a cramped space. The bathroom was larger than life which helps if you have a spouse that gets ready the same time as you. The beds were firm which I like. The TV in the living space had World Radio link too - so that was fun to listen to as we enjoyed a cocktail before heading out. We did not get to use the kitchen at all but if you were staying for a few days, it would be something I would totally take advantage of in order to appreciate the wonderful hotel space that you were awarded from Hotel Terra.
All in all, it was a wonderful stay. I have no complaints and only high recommendations to stay here again. My husband was a fan of another hotel, and told me on the deck that afternoon that he would never think of staying anywhere at TV but Hotel Terra. We can’t wait for our next stay. They come only once a year if we are lucky!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
David K, General Manager at Hotel Terra Jackson Hole, A Noble House Resort, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear BlueBirdDay,

What an AWESOME review...thank you very much! We all appreciate your kind words and look forward to your return. Please keep in mind that we offer outstanding packages and discounts in the off-season that can inlcude spa and breakfast options, if you choose.

Wishing you the best from Jackson Hole!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Teton Village
Alpenhof Lodge
Alpenhof Lodge
#5 of 7 in Teton Village
4.0 of 5 stars 222 reviews

Been to Hotel Terra Jackson Hole, A Noble House Resort? Share your experiences!