“Great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Resort Jackson Hole

Save Saved
You added Four Seasons Resort Jackson Hole to your Saves list
Four Seasons Resort Jackson Hole
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7680 Granite Loop Road, PO Box 544, Teton Village, WY 83025   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Ranked #1 of 6 hotels in Teton Village
Melbourne, Australia
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I came here for a conference after staying at the amangani. Certainly a great backdrop for activities although a busier part of Jackson. The fireside bar was probably the best thing about this place and the spa was great too. iN fact the spa was much better than Amangani actually. The room was decent and the staff helpful. However the property itself lacked the four seasons touch.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
FSJac, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Resort Jackson Hole, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and we are delighted to know you enjoyed your time with us. We hope to welcome you back!

476 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Winchester, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

We occasionally like to splurge when we travel, maybe not just occasionally. We had only one night in Jackson Hole and I thought it would be a fun treat to stay at the Four Seasons for $280 booking 5 months in advance. The "resort" is way outside of town on a ski slope - a terribly inconvenient location in October.

I had booked a "valley view" room figuring that a "mountain view" was really just a view of the ski slope - at check-in the receptionist offered to upgrade us to a "mountain view" for $50 - I would have done it but my wife refused, and as a result the receptionist put us into a "mountain view" for no extra charge anyway. I thought this was great until we saw the room and discovered that the "mountain" is just the ski slope - I really would have preferred a valley view - if you've seen one off-season ski lift you've seen them all.

As others have mentioned, you are forced to pay for valet parking, with the rigiramole of getting your car in and out and tipping. We had a very early dinner in the "cheaper" "Handlebar Restaurant" and spent $113 with tip for nachos and burgers and drinks.

The room itself is pretty nice. Nice shower. Nice espresso machine. Only one fly which we were too tired to hunt down and kill.

We checked-out in the morning and drove to the Virginian in town for breakfast, which looked like it would have been a much better choice for one night in Jackson.

Room Tip: Don't be fooled into upgrading for a "mountain view" at least in off-season.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback. Though our resort provides the ultimate backdrop for ski in/ski out access in the winter time and access to the parks, 1 mile away, we understand it's not the ideal location for those looking to be in town. We apologize for any inconvenience and sincerely hope to welcome you back.
Penn Yan, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

After a wonderful week in Yellowstone we decided to treat ourselves to a few days at the Four Seasons in Jackson Hole for our combined birthday.

The resort entrance is kind of hidden up in Teton Village. Being at the base of the mountain is a beautiful setting. The arial tram is steps from your door and Teton village is a quiet spot to relax. There are a number of shops and restaurants in the village but, If you want to spend time in Jackson Hole it is a 20 minute drive into town.

Our room was impressive (as always) a Four Seasons hotel room never seems to disappoint But, I noticed an off putting smell- and it was still pretty strong the next morning. Long story short, the manager found us another room and moved us right in - with his apologies. He even sent a nice note of apology and a lovely birthday gift for my husband and me. Many thanks to Anthony Krupinski for listening and addressing our issues with the odor, as well as for his kind note and cupcakes!

I wish I could tell you that I was as thrilled with the concierge staff. There were a number of times that I went looking for directions, reservations, and or advise. I did not feel as though they were up to the standards of a Four seasons Hotel. I felt on many occasions that the staff at the concierge desk was less then happy to be "bothered". In my experience an excellent concierge hears your question and anticipates the next... I asked where I might print my boarding passes and I was pointed down the hall. Now I am more then happy to print my boarding passes but, at the Four Seasons? Really?? This gentleman did not even offer to print them for me. When I asked if there was a gift shop where I could buy a golf cap he sent me to the spa. He never mentioned the huge retail shop available one floor down. We tried to schedule horse back riding during our trip. They sent us a voice mail saying there was one opening that afternoon. So, I had to return to the desk to ask if there were any openings the following day. The young lady that made the original reservation was on the phone - so the other gentleman told me that she had taken care of everything and I would hear from her soon. He did not even want to hear my question- it was clear that he was giving me the brush off. And this was not the only time I felt this way when approaching the concierge desk. There wasn't the follow thru that I am accustomed to in a fine hotel.
I should be fair to say these folks were helpful with maps and directions but, it was like pulling teeth.
I have to say I love Jackson Hole, Love Teton Village, and usually love the Four Seasons. But, overall I was disappointed this time. For the cost I would consider another hotel in Teton village.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello, thank you for your your feedback. We are very sorry to hear you had this experience at our property and we will be sure to discuss with the team. We sincerely hope to welcome you back again and we wish you a lovely Winter.
Chapin, SC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Perhaps it's because we were there in the 'off season' of autumn and this is first and foremost a ski location, but we just didn't think this location lived up to the typical Four Seasons standards, nor the exorbitant pricing. We've stayed at a number of high end properties including other Four Seasons so we're basing this on personal experience not just expectations.

The rooms and decor were dark, but lovely as expected. Our view was not what I expected as it basically faced the driveway and the roof of another building. What a shame when we were surrounded by spectacular mountain views. The room was large, clean and well appointed including a fireplace which must be great in the winter. Turn down service was rather bizarre, they kept trying to come quite early (between 5-6pm) while we were getting ready for dinner. So, we didn't actually get it until the third night. Then, it was not like any other that I've seen - no chocolates for example - and they placed an open clay carafe of water by the bedside. Not something I felt good about drinking from so we did not.

We got dinner one night from the Handlebar restaurant and it was so so. We got dinner at the Westbank Grill on one other evening. The quality of the food and service were better but still only average which is not at all what one expects at a Four Seasons or for their prices. The meals we had in Jackson were better and less expensive. I'd definitely recommend them but be aware of the 15-20 minute drive each time. The location of the Resort is no doubt great for skiers. In the the off season, it's just out of the way when you have to drive into Jackson or everything else.

The most annoying issue for us was that during our last night at the property we were awakened when some sort of maintenance of cleaning which apparently required dragging and banging chairs and tables around very loudly somewhere overhead (we think in the Handlebar Restaurant - we were on level 2) began at 3am. At first we thought it would be short lived but after 30 minutes we had to call the front desk and complain. They apologized and offered to go down there immediately and have them stop. It did get better but it didn't take too long before they built back to being too loud for us to get any decent sleep for the rest of that night. Definitely not the kind of experience one expects at a Four Seasons.

Also, all the extra expenses are grating when you expect a top notch experience. Forced valet parking and charging for WiFi? It just seems petty when you're already paying such outrageous rates for an off season stay.

Did we enjoy our stay? Yes. Would we go back? No. There are plenty of other places that are more convenient and reasonable options when you're not there to ski.

Red Lodge, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Four Seasons Jackson Hole really does it right. Everything from arrival to departure was perfect. The room was clean, large and perfectly maintained. The service is impeccable. The dining room is also incredible. The two meals we had here were perfectly prepared and presented. The dining room staff was a delight.

Santa Monica, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Four Seasons in Jackson Hole has to be one of the nicest resorts we have ever stayed at! Just as we had been led to believe from friends, the service was impeccable. From the minute we pulled up, Luke the cowboy (loved his outfit) pleasantly greeted us and escorted us to the front desk where Kenny’s genuinely friendly attitude made our check-in quick and easy…which my husband and me truly appreciated, as we were tired and ready to relax after a long day of traveling. The room was rustically decorated yet elegant and cozy. The gas fireplace was certainly a treat on the brisk nights, not to mention the beautiful view we had of the mountain from our balcony during the day. The housekeeping staff was excellent and even left an iPad cleaning cloth folded neatly next to my husband's iPad after they cleaned our room. They also left us a cute little pitcher of water by our bedside at turn down. The entire staff was extremely friendly and knowledgeable, but more than that they went out of their way to make sure we had a good time. The only complaint we had was the food in the Handle Bar is something that needs improving, as well as the super slow service. But other than that, this place is perfection.

Room Tip: Book a mountain-view room.
Tulsa, OK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We visit the village once a year for skiing, we stay at a moderately priced property during that time since we have 2 college aged sons. For this trip we decided on Four Seasons as it was "just us two." My husband asked me to marry him in front of the Grand Tetons over 25 years ago so it made sense for us to celebrate in Jackson Hole. We love the hotel during ski season, we sit in or outside of the Handle Bar and enjoy the ski views. It is just as nice in the fall. This anniversary trip was in September. From the moment we arrived we were treated like royalty. We were greeted with a complimentary drink and snack in our room. The basic room was wonderful, a large sitting area with gas fireplace, giant closet making it easy to unpack and access our clothes during our stay and the bathroom was gigantic. There was even a small table in the bath area to set things on, like my assortment of cosmetics and junk, making it very roomy. The handle bar, lobby bar, westbank grill and in-room dining were all fantastic. We are now considering telling the boys to stay in town at Grandma's house while we return to the Four Seasons for a more romantic ski trip this spring!

Room Tip: I think the rooms are situated so that even the "mountain view" is amazing, I don't th...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
FSJac, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Resort Jackson Hole, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are delighted to know we were able to make your stay so special and look forward to welcoming you back this spring. Happy Anniversary!

Been to Four Seasons Resort Jackson Hole? Share your experiences!