“Outstanding!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Teton Village
Allen, Texas
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. The staff was friendly and helpful, the room was great, the location was in a beautiful area. It had plenty of parking and we were close to Teton Park and Yellow Stone. We were there in the fall so it was raining and windy. The room was bigger than expected, granite counter tops, full kitchen, sofa, etc. The bed was a pull down so it was a little uncomfortable to me. My back hurt by the second night so go ahead and get a room with permanent bedding. The bathroom is huge with a double shower. The facility itself is cabin style rustic and is well built and beautiful. Your right at the mountains so have a good time and enjoy. Shopping and restaurants in the same area.

Room Tip: Get the full sized room. Don't go with a pull down efficiency.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Loveland, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Thanks to the government shutdown, we were relocated to Teton Mountain Lodge from Jackson Lake Lodge while in the area for a convention. The venue gratefully accepted our previously agreed-upon rate at JLL and led us to a wonderful 1-bedroom suite with slope-side view and private balcony on the ground floor. We could hardly believe our luck!

The amenities were fabulous and some of them included in our rate. Although we didn't get to enjoy the rooftop 18-and-over hot tub w/ 180 degree view or the outdoor and indoor pool/hot tub, I did indulge in the secluded and intimate hot tub in the women's area of the spa. It was a wonderful space with the smell of eucalyptus and the sound of falling water from the wall-mounted water feature. They provided towels, slippers, a private changing room, showers, lockers - everything you need to get ready to relax. Since we hadn't brought suits, we were able to purchase them at the spa, although they come at a price - to be expected.

The lobby was expansive in volume with lots of wood furnishings and rustic finishes complemented by 2 giant stone fireplaces - but since we weren't there during the peak season, they only had one going, occasionally, at a time. The concierge was helpful in getting us settled and offering suggestions as needed. There is also a very nice lounge and restaurant downstairs, although most items on the menu were quite spendy. Everything we had was great, including the charcuterie plate, hummus and pimiento dip. It seemed like there should have been an option for room service, but we didn't see anything in the room information and didn't look into it further. It's understood that this is more of a luxury resort, however, it would have been nice to be able to get a smaller breakfast in the morning for a reasonable price, rather than trekking to the general store. The restaurant offered a $14 buffet from 7-10 that smelled wonderful, but before a hike and run, I was looking for something a bit smaller like yogurt and fruit and at $10+ alone, it wasn't worth it.

Our room was spectacular and basically a one-bedroom apartment. On the first floor and just outside of the spa, room 132 was easy to get to and being at the end of the main hall, was fairly quiet. The only noise came from the street as we were on the ground floor, and there was quite a bit of noise, I'm assuming, from the adjacent pool and hot tub area. Perhaps it was the sound of the jets running you could hear from both the bathroom and bedroom? This only seemed to be during spa hours, so it wasn't a big deal when it came to sleeping at night. The suite was spotless and furnished nicely from the bathroom, bedroom, living room and full kitchen. The living room had a timed gas fireplace, comfy seating, a music dock/radio for your iPod and a flat screen tv w/ plenty of channels. The kitchen had everything that we needed and all full-size appliances. It was nice to have the restaurant bring up tea bags and be able to make tea throughout our stay rather than relying on something from the lobby in take-out cups. The bedroom had a nice, big bed w/ plenty of pillows to choose from, a large walk-in closet, a dresser, another flat-screen tv w/ the same channels, a desk and a rocking chair - all in great shape. The bathroom was plenty large with both a soaker/jet tub and a roomy walk-in-shower as well as a large vanity with 2 sinks. They provided non-portable toiletries, so no waste there, and plenty of towels and wash cloths so that we didn't even need to replenish them throughout our 5-day stay.

We would love to come back to visit as this location was central to enjoying the Village and would recommend it to anyone we know heading that way. Although we couldn't that far into Grand Teton, we were close enough to explore the surrounding area, get some great view of the Tetons and enjoy some beautiful views from our room and walking around. Thanks again to the staff for accommodating us in a pinch. It speaks volumes of their customer service and quality of lodging.

Room Tip: Even though we stayed in a suite, all of the standard rooms seems to be similar in quality and avera...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Can't say enough good things about the Teton Mountain Lodge! When checking in we had an issue with our assigned room and the folks at the desk did everything they could to help us out and indeed, they solved the problem. We had a great stay. Our room was fantastic, the amenities, such as the roof-top hot tub and the lounge were just what the Dr. ordered after a hard day hiking in the park. They provided a fantastic sit-down breakfast every morning that was way over and beyond any standard you might set. We had a wonderful three-day stay and will be happy to return to the Teton mountain Lodge should we find ourselves in Jackson Hole again.

Room Tip: Most suites have an adjoining door to another suite which can cause "noise" issues. If th...
New Market, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We celebrated our 43rd anniversary at Teton Mountain Lodge. Room 405 was a one bedroom corner suite with views of both the mountain and the valley. Large living area and 2 bathrooms made for a very comfortable 8 day stay. The paragliders landed right in front of our balcony each morning and the hot air balloons rose across the road. The staff was very friendly and helpful, especially Shawn and Pam. The 10 minute drive to Jackson is not a problem and worth it to get away from the crowds to peace and quiet. Looking forward to returning.

Room Tip: Room 405 has great views and a large living area with 6 chairs around a big dining table. Full kitc...
Sacramento, Ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We stayed in a small studio and was surprised to discover a Murphy bed. Almost felt a little like camping out the in the living room. Once, I got past that small surprise I could appreciate the efficiency of the room. A full kitchen with dining table and living area. The small balcony was quite nice and coudl open the door for some fresh air.

The gas fireplace is on a time and wish that the timer could be extended beyond 30 minutes, but a small inconvenience.

I went downstairs in the morning to get a coffee and realized that the restaurant was closed (I slept in a bit). I asked a gentleman at the front desk where I might be able to get a cup of coffee and he led me to the restaurant side door...knocked on it and explained that he was trying to get me a cup of coffee. They kindly provided a complimentary cup of coffee and I really appreciated that he went out of his way to help me out with a very minor issue.

I would stay here again, but likely look for a larger room than the studio. The location was spectacular and close to the Grand Teton's which was the purpose of our visit.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Stayed in room 401. Junior Suite. Stunning views of the Jackson Hole valley. The suite was huge! Full kitchen and living area and jacuzzi bath tub. Balcony overlooking the valley was superb , but would have been nice if we could switch the balcony lights of at night. Sort it out! It's just a light switch!
Really close to Grand Teton National Park and about 1.5hr drive from the Yellowstone entrance. Will definitely return!!

Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I paid in advance the full fare for a three night stay at this hotel.
Due to a flight cancellation and as a courtesy, I called the hotel and advised I would be arriving the next morning, knowing full well that I am responsible and would not receive a refund for the missed night. After all, a flight cancellation is not the hotel's fault.
At check-out they could not provide my bill since they could not locate my restaurant charge but promised that the bill would be emailed to me that morning. Not the case and upon my return home after two calls in two days it finally arrived, and what a suprise. I was charged an extra $31.00 for not showing up the first night even though I had already paid for the room.This logic befuddled me so I called the hotel and was flatly told that this was their "cancelation" policy for arriving one day late and there would be no exception.
In fairness however, when I called the hotel, they did promise me a refund for a breakfast charge for lack of room upkeep. This because, after a day of visiting the area we returned to find that our room had not been cleaned. We called reception and were somewhat nonchalantly told that they were prioritizing new arrivals and would get to our room in due course. At that point I wanted to take a nap before supper so I simply asked for new towels and coffee and to forget the rest. I shall await the promised refund.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to Teton Mountain Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!