“Uniquely Wonderful” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Teton Village
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
“Uniquely Wonderful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The TML was a great place! Great location and a very accommodating staff. We were given two rooms to choose from, one facing the Mt and one facing the valley. We chose the valley view and even though the view wasn't spectacular the room was quiet. I had never slept in a room with a Murphy bed before so I was a bit skeptical at first. But it made all the sense in the world. It gave us plenty of room up and I don't know what it was like down because I was sleeping.

The best part was the rooftop hot tub and the spa. Wow. What a treat after a great day of skiing! Take your wine or whatever in a plastic container as glass is verboten. And, you will probably meet some interesting people up there. Word do caution when you go into the spa. Men and women are to stay in their own section even though it is connected. Oops.

Room Tip: The staff suggested taking a room on the valley side as the snow plows can be noisy in the morning.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Fayetteville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

TML is a very pretty place located right in the middle of everything going on in the village. I really enjoyed that part of it but the hotel was a little stuffy for me. The people were not overly friendly as I expected them to be due to the steep rate we paid. It was their off season so not sure if that had to do with it or not. We got the studio room I believe it was called with the Murphey bed. The bed squeeked with every movement and kept me awake most of the night. Everything about the hotel is top notch but I would not get a room with the Murphey bed again for sure.

Room Tip: Don't get a room with the Murphey bed!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We had another wonderful stay at TML. We had a spacious 1 bedroom suite in the spa wing with a nice deck. My 6'1" teenage son was very comfortable on the murphy bed. The spa wing is a bit of a hike from the front desk, restaurant, and ski valet but convenient to the rooftop hot tub. We loved our dinner downstairs at Spur and loved the convenience of ordering from them for room service too. We had breakfast included with our package and it was delicious. I always ate off the buffet, but my son special-ordered the pancakes which he loved. Ski valet was very friendly and housekeeping was flexible. It is the perfect combo of space and service. Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Rooms 244 and 344 are spa wing 1-bedroom suites.
Waconia, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We had a amazing time at the lodge. The staff is second to none - Pamela at the concierge desk gets the highest honor for knowledge and her personality was infectious. We had a 2 room unit both with king beds and a great living space - perfect for 2 couples. The Spur bar and restaurant were very good - a great spot to stop at the end of the day.

• Stayed March 2013
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I just recently stayed at the Teton Mountain Lodge and was very disappointed. First of all I had called a week early to ask if I could get a earlier check in...the rest of my group was skiing and I had nothing to do. They assured me they would be able to get me in earlier than the four o'clock check in. When I first approached the front desk I was spoken to in a very rude manor and was told I would not get in early but they would call me as soon as possible. I tried to kill as much time as I could at the spa where I had a very nice experience. After I grabbed some lunch. I went back to the front desk again...and was told just to wait. At 3:45 I got a call saying my room was finally ready! I too have stayed at the Four Seasons in Jackson...where everyone was so kind and always willing to make your stay a fabulous time! The rooms were so noisey here that I could hear full conversations! The rooms at Four Seasons were peaceful...and exquisite! Spend the extra money and go to the Four Seasons...it is a night and day difference! With so much more to do within the hotel... excellent food...service...top notch everything!

Room Tip: Go to Four Seasons!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

We loved our stay at TML, mostly because the service was phenomenal. From before our arrival until our departure, the TML team was kind, friendly, and accommodating. Amy at the reservation line was patient and helpful while I decided which room we wanted. Katrina at the concierge desk tirelessly made our spa, taxi, and restaurant reservations. Maricruz ensured we got the rooms we wanted with the specified amenities. Martin (sp?) at the ski valet was nice and extremely helpful. He saw that my husband was tired and struggling and walked down the long ramp to take his skis. I also had two consecutive very beneficial facials with Brandi at the Solitude Spa.

We booked a one bedroom suite, and it was perfect for the three of us, with plenty more space to accommodate others. I used the Tranquillity Lounge daily as a quiet and relaxing space to read. My husband used the hot tub with gorgeous mountain views daily.

We enjoyed the breakfast buffet, and I esp loved the granola.

We highly recommend TML. It may be a bit more expensive but it was worth it.

• Stayed March 2013
Cody, Wyoming
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

The morning staff is horrible!!! You walk into the lobbie and are not greeted or asked if you need any help. If you try and ask the indian woman at the front desk questions she is terribly condensending also! We have stayed at the four seasons hotel the last two vacations in Jackson. Staying at the Teton Mountain Lodge was a huge dissappointment. Was like night and day between the two hotels. The Teton Lodge is also VERY noisy! Good luck getting sleep in a hotel were you can here the conversations perfectly going on in the rooms next to you. Teton Mountain Lodge was one of the only hotels with rooms availlable during our vacation. Now we know why! Dont waste your vacation at this place. It looks nice but has many flaws! The town of Jackson has many wonderful hotels too. The White Buffalo and Lexington are good places to stay in town! Thats if the hotels at the Village are booked up. The good reviews I have read by past customers does not sound like the same hotel we just visited!!!

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
tyler_barker, General Manager at Teton Mountain Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear chad-w60442

Thank you for making time to share your comments with us regarding your recent visit, although I was disappointed to read that we did not meet your expectations. Our team has such a strong history of providing engaged, friendly service, I am confident that your experience was unusual for us. And, while I am at a loss to identify the employee you describe, I am confident that you must have misinterpreted the intention of our employee. We do have a strong commitment to a multi-cultural and diverse team of employees, which has so often been the source of praise with our service delivery. In fact, it is this diversity that makes so many of our international guests feel at home while here at Teton Mountain Lodge. Clearly, this did not resonate with you and your visit. Additionally, we have had very few negative comments on the noise levels in the hotel. We have a very solid, sound proof building design, and have received very little feedback on noise complaints.

While I am so sorry that we did not meet your expectations, and probably will not have the privilege of receiving you back to Teton Mountain Lodge for a future visit, I want to ensure that the online community is aware that your experience is not the norm as reflected my so many positive online reviews. And, we will continue our commitment to our multi-culture, diverse team of passionate employees, who work so hard each day to deliver the gracious hospitality for which we are known.

Warm regards,

Tyler Barker

Been to Teton Mountain Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!