“Terrible customer service” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Teton Village
Cody, Wyoming
“Terrible customer service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

The morning staff is horrible!!! You walk into the lobbie and are not greeted or asked if you need any help. If you try and ask the indian woman at the front desk questions she is terribly condensending also! We have stayed at the four seasons hotel the last two vacations in Jackson. Staying at the Teton Mountain Lodge was a huge dissappointment. Was like night and day between the two hotels. The Teton Lodge is also VERY noisy! Good luck getting sleep in a hotel were you can here the conversations perfectly going on in the rooms next to you. Teton Mountain Lodge was one of the only hotels with rooms availlable during our vacation. Now we know why! Dont waste your vacation at this place. It looks nice but has many flaws! The town of Jackson has many wonderful hotels too. The White Buffalo and Lexington are good places to stay in town! Thats if the hotels at the Village are booked up. The good reviews I have read by past customers does not sound like the same hotel we just visited!!!

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
tyler_barker, General Manager at Teton Mountain Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear chad-w60442

Thank you for making time to share your comments with us regarding your recent visit, although I was disappointed to read that we did not meet your expectations. Our team has such a strong history of providing engaged, friendly service, I am confident that your experience was unusual for us. And, while I am at a loss to identify the employee you describe, I am confident that you must have misinterpreted the intention of our employee. We do have a strong commitment to a multi-cultural and diverse team of employees, which has so often been the source of praise with our service delivery. In fact, it is this diversity that makes so many of our international guests feel at home while here at Teton Mountain Lodge. Clearly, this did not resonate with you and your visit. Additionally, we have had very few negative comments on the noise levels in the hotel. We have a very solid, sound proof building design, and have received very little feedback on noise complaints.

While I am so sorry that we did not meet your expectations, and probably will not have the privilege of receiving you back to Teton Mountain Lodge for a future visit, I want to ensure that the online community is aware that your experience is not the norm as reflected my so many positive online reviews. And, we will continue our commitment to our multi-culture, diverse team of passionate employees, who work so hard each day to deliver the gracious hospitality for which we are known.

Warm regards,

Tyler Barker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Mississauga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We had a very positive experience at the Teton Mountain Lodge. The staff was excellent and the rooms were extremely clean. The Lodge is very close to the TRAM. A top notch place to stay. Would definitely come back!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We had a wonderful experience at the Teton Mountain Lodge. We had a wonderful view of the slopes. Our bedroom was beautiful and simply decorated with a gas fireplace, fully stocked kitchen. We had a master king bedroom and then a loft (with spiral staircase) upstairs. The upstairs loft had a sliding glass window that spanned the top, so that the kids could close it at night but open it to talk to us in the main room in the mornings. There were two twin beds in the loft. On the main level in the living room, there was a pull out Murphy Bed. This was so convienient because it did not get in the way of the couch and other furniture...so you could have it out and still enjoy the living room. This was one of the only in-village lodge that had room for a family of 5 and had a full kitchen. Great price! Overall fantastic service and accomodations. I would highly recommend Teton Mountain Lodge.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the slopes (facing north) had the best views, but no balconies.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Beautiful lodge with great views! Friendly staff and plenty to do. Right at entrance to the national park. Best part is outdoor hot tub on the roof! Looks out to the mountains and ski resorts. Definitely a top place to stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Honolulu
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I studied all the information that I could regarding the hotels in Teton Village. Since my family and I decided to spend our winter vacation in Jackson Hole this year (we try to go to a different ski resort every year) it seemed logical to stay in the village to maximize our skiing time on the mountain. The Four Seasons in JH is the highest rated hotel in the area. Hotel Terra and Teton Mountain Lodge sort of ties for the second best place to stay. I decided to stay at TML due to a special discount that was being offered. After I made my initial booking, I decided to upgrade my basic room to the junior suite with murphy bed... a decision that all of us would later appreciate. In fact, I have to thank Tripadvisor and it's contributors for the tip. Our trip did start off rather poorly due to a blizzard-like winter storm. Driving six hours from Salt Lake City to Jackson Hole in my tiny Honda Civic put my entire family in a really bad mood. When we finally pulled up to the Teton Mountain Village, we were all anxious to strap on our skis get this winter vacation started. Our first problem... where is the hotel? Finding the main Tram Station (Clock Tower) was easy since it is the most visible landmark in the village. Hotel Terra was also easy to find, the lobby was right near the lower parking area. The TML was just not visible from any spot off the main road. We then discovered something that I had read about... JH has a parking problem. Unlike most of the other mountain resorts that I have been to, JH has no free parking ($15 paid parking instead). We left our car parked in a loading zone area while all of us scrambled about looking for our hotel. Finally we found someone to give us some directions. As it turns out, the Teton Mountain Lodge is at the extreme back side (rear) of village. There is a very convenient parking lot also located on the mountain side of the village, adjacent to the hotel lobby. So to find the hotel, just drive along the main road heading towards the left side of the village. Then follow the road up the mountain as it turns to the right behind the village (mountain side)... looking for the parking lot on your left (the lobby will be on your right). Walking into the lobby of the TML does not exactly win you over immediately. The fireplace and sitting area is on your right (a little on the small side) and the check-in desk is on your left. We were greeted by a pleasant but a non-smiling and non-happy desk clerk who was very helpful in getting us quickly checked in and into our room in just a few minutes. The extremely early 9 am check in was a huge blessing, making it easy to get to the slopes before long (normal check-in is 3 or 4 pm). When we made that first step into our 1st floor junior suite, I was slightly disappointed by how small it was. The actual size of the room was only slightly bigger than what I would have expected for an entry level hotel room. In fact, when you pulled the murphy bed down, the room became extremely cramped... almost too uncomfortably cramped. But where the room excelled was what we found in the kitchen... a kitchen. A real... albeit small kitchen. This professionally appointed, very beautiful and clean, fully stocked kitchen proved it's worth during our stay. The full size refrigerator made it really easy to store the food we bought at the Albertson's Supermarket in JH town. It was really enjoyable making breakfast the following morning to get our first full day on the slopes off to a positive start as well making soup and sandwiches for a late lunch and football game snack. Another plus was what we found in the bathroom.... a huge fully functional hot tube. Mark my words, you will not find a better way to spend the next half hour of the late afternoon right after you pull all of your ski clothes off your worn down body than spending it in your own private personal jacuzzi in your hotel room. That alone was worth the price of the upgrade to our room. Let me continue a description of some of the positives that my family and I discovered here in the TML. Our last night was spent in a very comfortable restaurant and bar, The Spur, located on the floor just below the hotel lobby. The large collection of flat screen TV's made it easy to watch the second half of the NFL Championship game. Other hotel positives was the ski valet which we did not use (the hotel allows their guest to bring their skis into the room, snow and all). The ski valet is also located on the lower floor of the hotel. My family found the hotel easy to ski down to from the mountain. You can ski right up to the hotel's mountain facing entrance by skiing into the hotel parking lot from one of the return trails. In fact, it only took a handful of steps to get to our hotel room just moments after taking off my skis right outside the hotel's automated main lobby doors. Our hotel was also very clean and professionally maintained. It also never felt busy or crowed or noisy (in fact, an almost empty feeling) although the hotel was completely booked. My entire family did feel that our stay at the Teton Mountain Lodge was overall a very pleasant and satisfying experience. However, there were a few negatives to the hotel. First of all (as I already had described), the hotel is very hard to find in the village. Also, it felt small for a four star hotel. The room price was not cheap (though not what I would call overpriced), even with a large discount. Also, the room was cramped for a junior suite. Walking to the nearest ski lift from our room felt like I was walking a mile (although it was more like a quarter of a mile). You are required to pay a daily service charge that covers misc. charges like the parking fee and internet fee. Food quality is only average. The hotel convenient store is among the smallest I have ever seen (and it does not have anyone their to serve you). All in all, I would like to return to the TML, even with these few nic-picking items in mind.

Room Tip: The junior suite room is reasonably priced for what you get. Although it is small is size, it has g...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
tyler_barker, General Manager at Teton Mountain Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Bugsycat,
Thanks for the positive review and taking the time share your thoughts and experiences about our slopeside lodge here in Teton Village, WY. It’s great to hear that you would choose Teton Mountain Lodge & Spa again and we would certainly love to welcome you back.
Warm regards,
Tyler
Bridgewater, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Very clean. Very helpful staff. The staff went above and beyond, when we arrived a day and a half before Christmas. The facilities are extremely clean. The room was pristine, although a little on the small side--but for the size, I would have given a better rating.

Room Tip: Very quiet place--even during their peak season. The JR suite is pretty small. Not sufficient for...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Eudora, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This place is awesome winter or summer. We have stayed here several times and have never had a bad experience. It's about 10 miles from Jackson wy but the view is excellent. It is close to Yellowstone just a few minutes. We went snowmobiling and safari hunting both companies picked us up at the door.

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Teton Mountain Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!