“Is this the second best Hotel in Teton Village?” 4 of 5 stars

Teton Mountain Lodge & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3385 Cody Lane, Teton Village, WY 83025   |
Hotel packages
Honolulu
“Is this the second best Hotel in Teton Village?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I studied all the information that I could regarding the hotels in Teton Village. Since my family and I decided to spend our winter vacation in Jackson Hole this year (we try to go to a different ski resort every year) it seemed logical to stay in the village to maximize our skiing time on the mountain. The Four Seasons in JH is the highest rated hotel in the area. Hotel Terra and Teton Mountain Lodge sort of ties for the second best place to stay. I decided to stay at TML due to a special discount that was being offered. After I made my initial booking, I decided to upgrade my basic room to the junior suite with murphy bed... a decision that all of us would later appreciate. In fact, I have to thank Tripadvisor and it's contributors for the tip. Our trip did start off rather poorly due to a blizzard-like winter storm. Driving six hours from Salt Lake City to Jackson Hole in my tiny Honda Civic put my entire family in a really bad mood. When we finally pulled up to the Teton Mountain Village, we were all anxious to strap on our skis get this winter vacation started. Our first problem... where is the hotel? Finding the main Tram Station (Clock Tower) was easy since it is the most visible landmark in the village. Hotel Terra was also easy to find, the lobby was right near the lower parking area. The TML was just not visible from any spot off the main road. We then discovered something that I had read about... JH has a parking problem. Unlike most of the other mountain resorts that I have been to, JH has no free parking ($15 paid parking instead). We left our car parked in a loading zone area while all of us scrambled about looking for our hotel. Finally we found someone to give us some directions. As it turns out, the Teton Mountain Lodge is at the extreme back side (rear) of village. There is a very convenient parking lot also located on the mountain side of the village, adjacent to the hotel lobby. So to find the hotel, just drive along the main road heading towards the left side of the village. Then follow the road up the mountain as it turns to the right behind the village (mountain side)... looking for the parking lot on your left (the lobby will be on your right). Walking into the lobby of the TML does not exactly win you over immediately. The fireplace and sitting area is on your right (a little on the small side) and the check-in desk is on your left. We were greeted by a pleasant but a non-smiling and non-happy desk clerk who was very helpful in getting us quickly checked in and into our room in just a few minutes. The extremely early 9 am check in was a huge blessing, making it easy to get to the slopes before long (normal check-in is 3 or 4 pm). When we made that first step into our 1st floor junior suite, I was slightly disappointed by how small it was. The actual size of the room was only slightly bigger than what I would have expected for an entry level hotel room. In fact, when you pulled the murphy bed down, the room became extremely cramped... almost too uncomfortably cramped. But where the room excelled was what we found in the kitchen... a kitchen. A real... albeit small kitchen. This professionally appointed, very beautiful and clean, fully stocked kitchen proved it's worth during our stay. The full size refrigerator made it really easy to store the food we bought at the Albertson's Supermarket in JH town. It was really enjoyable making breakfast the following morning to get our first full day on the slopes off to a positive start as well making soup and sandwiches for a late lunch and football game snack. Another plus was what we found in the bathroom.... a huge fully functional hot tube. Mark my words, you will not find a better way to spend the next half hour of the late afternoon right after you pull all of your ski clothes off your worn down body than spending it in your own private personal jacuzzi in your hotel room. That alone was worth the price of the upgrade to our room. Let me continue a description of some of the positives that my family and I discovered here in the TML. Our last night was spent in a very comfortable restaurant and bar, The Spur, located on the floor just below the hotel lobby. The large collection of flat screen TV's made it easy to watch the second half of the NFL Championship game. Other hotel positives was the ski valet which we did not use (the hotel allows their guest to bring their skis into the room, snow and all). The ski valet is also located on the lower floor of the hotel. My family found the hotel easy to ski down to from the mountain. You can ski right up to the hotel's mountain facing entrance by skiing into the hotel parking lot from one of the return trails. In fact, it only took a handful of steps to get to our hotel room just moments after taking off my skis right outside the hotel's automated main lobby doors. Our hotel was also very clean and professionally maintained. It also never felt busy or crowed or noisy (in fact, an almost empty feeling) although the hotel was completely booked. My entire family did feel that our stay at the Teton Mountain Lodge was overall a very pleasant and satisfying experience. However, there were a few negatives to the hotel. First of all (as I already had described), the hotel is very hard to find in the village. Also, it felt small for a four star hotel. The room price was not cheap (though not what I would call overpriced), even with a large discount. Also, the room was cramped for a junior suite. Walking to the nearest ski lift from our room felt like I was walking a mile (although it was more like a quarter of a mile). You are required to pay a daily service charge that covers misc. charges like the parking fee and internet fee. Food quality is only average. The hotel convenient store is among the smallest I have ever seen (and it does not have anyone their to serve you). All in all, I would like to return to the TML, even with these few nic-picking items in mind.

Room Tip: The junior suite room is reasonably priced for what you get. Although it is small is size, it has g...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
tyler_barker, General Manager at Teton Mountain Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Bugsycat,
Thanks for the positive review and taking the time share your thoughts and experiences about our slopeside lodge here in Teton Village, WY. It’s great to hear that you would choose Teton Mountain Lodge & Spa again and we would certainly love to welcome you back.
Warm regards,
Tyler

446 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Bridgewater, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Very clean. Very helpful staff. The staff went above and beyond, when we arrived a day and a half before Christmas. The facilities are extremely clean. The room was pristine, although a little on the small side--but for the size, I would have given a better rating.

Room Tip: Very quiet place--even during their peak season. The JR suite is pretty small. Not sufficient for...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Eudora, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This place is awesome winter or summer. We have stayed here several times and have never had a bad experience. It's about 10 miles from Jackson wy but the view is excellent. It is close to Yellowstone just a few minutes. We went snowmobiling and safari hunting both companies picked us up at the door.

• Stayed December 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

great food and exceptional service. Ask for Lisa and Kate, for great service. Chef Kevin provides table side service, and offers great shrimp and grits that are savory and delicious and a whole lot more. the 307 fries are to die for.....must have for all.

• Stayed January 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Honestly, I was positively surprised by Teton Mountain Lodge - I don't think the reviews I read on Trip Advisor or the hotel's own website communicate how nice of a property it really is, and I have very high standards. Ski-in, Ski-out location was perfect and the suite we stayed in had all of the comforts of home and was really nice to come back to after a long day of skiing. The staff, particularly the concierges, could not have been more friendly and helpful. The gym was also fantastic - new equipment and lots of machines for weights and cardio - met my expectations (which is difficult). I would absolutely come back to this hotel when I return to Jackson Hole and would highly recommend it to families, singles, couples, et al. - this is type of property that can accommodate all types of travelers and all levels of skiers. As a bonus, the rooftop hot tub was a lot of fun.

Room Tip: If you do not want to sleep in a murphy bed (which I did not), make sure you choose the right type o...
SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

So it's not the Four Seasons but for less than half the price of the cheapest Four Seasons room we recieved a nice one bedroom suite at the Teton Mountain Lodge. I am usually quite picky and I can tell you the recent rennovations turned out nicely. The pictures, as shown on this website, are quite accurate.

Room - Very Nice
Staff - Friendly
Amenities - Adaquate
Restaurant - Very Good

We did have to wait until nearly 5 pm for housekeeping one day but the next several days they were there at 10:00 am. It is nearly ski in - you must walk about 100 ft from the slopes to the back door. Ski out is 100 yds to tram (access to black runs) or 200 yds to all other lifts.

Overall I would definitely go again at Four Seasons $999 standard room and $425 for the TML suite. It was a very nice stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
tyler_barker, General Manager at Teton Mountain Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear firepatio,
Thanks for the fantastic review; we very much appreciate the feedback. I’m pleased to hear that you have discovered our slopeside alpine lodge offers the perfect blend of mountain hospitality and value for winter and summer visitors alike.
It was also great to read your positive comments surrounding our recently renovated on-site restaurant, Spur, which has proven to be hit with hotel guests and locals alike.
I hope you can make your way back to Teton Mountain Lodge & Spa in the near future.
Warm regards,
Tyler
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at the TML at least eight times over the past decade for both winter and summer vacations. We keep returning because we know the hotel is great and the staff is endlessly focused on the guests. The TML nicely manages to be a place adults and children -- traveling together or separately -- can enjoy at the same time. The studios with kitchens provide eating flexibility although we happily ate nearly every meal from the Spur. Every contact with staff was professional, friendly and courteous. It's clear the TML and Jackson Hole Mountain Resort have thought through how to be sure each one of their guests has a good experience and it shows. We will be back!

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Teton Mountain Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!