“Too expensive and far too noisey” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Winter 20-30-40
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Teton Village
maryland
“Too expensive and far too noisey”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Spent one night here in mid september, thought this might be the off season. Booked a room with two double beds, basic room on the lower end of the price spectrum, but by no means cheap. Was given a room on the terrace level only to find the room was on the same level as the main road and had a view of the parking lot. Requested another room. The front desk staff was pleasant and accomodating, but ended up with a room on third floor overlooking a roof top and dumpster. Don't expect especially good views unless you are way up high in the more expensive rooms. Most rooms overlook parking lot or the back of the Hotel Terra . We found the room to be quite clean and comfortable, but small. The biggest problem is this is the noisiest hotel I have ever stayed in. The door to rooms bang loudly, the walls are thin and voices carry in the halls. Additionally the teton village must be a weekend party destination as we heard people all around the outside of the hotel all night. The next day the ground in the village were littered with beer bottle, cans, trash, broken glasses, cigarettes. Not the place to go for a few quiet days. Resturants around the hotel are few and mostly more upscale. Hard to find a meat and potatoes type of resturant. The Mangey Moose resturant turned out to be a good find. Ask for Pizza menu if you want a basic New York Style pizza. Burgers are really good as well. Teton Village is a good location for quick access to Grand Teton Park along the Moose-Wilson Rd. You must travel this narrow , rough road for nine miles to get to the park. However go slow because we saw more wildlife here than most other places. You can almost be guarenteed a moose, bear, elk and beaver along this road, all very close up. In summary I am not likely to stay here again for the noise and it being overpriced in the off season. You might check out some of the other hotels here for a quieter stay and the town of Jackson is just a few minutes away and there are many hotels there to stay.

Room Tip: You want to be up as high as possible. Mountain view rooms overlook parking lot. Other side looks in...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
tyler_barker, General Manager at Teton Mountain Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Dear travler1976,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts relating to your recent stay at Teton Mountain Lodge & Spa. First and foremost, I would like to apologize for the noise levels your experienced; it was indeed an extremely busy weekend here in Teton Village with numerous community events occurring at the same time. I’m pleased to read that our front desk staff was able to accommodate your room move request and that the room was clean and comfortable.

Again, I apologize that your stay was disrupted by excessive noise levels here in Teton Village and that we failed to deliver the off season lodging experience you were hoping for. Please feel free to contact me directly if you’d like to discuss your stay in further details or if you would like any assistance planning a return visit to the area during our more traditional off seasons.

Warm regards,

Tyler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Tacoma, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Very nice room with kitchen, many amenities, all nicely appointed, but with Murphy bed only, which was not very comfortable. Helpful and friendly staff, beautiful lobby, a first-class resort in a great location, but at nearly $300 per night it's tough to give 5 stars for a pull-down bed. They also charge an extra 6-1/2% service charge on top of the quoted room rate, for no apparent "service," just a hidden charge which is irritating, to be kind.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Thank you, TripAdvisor reviewers! If it weren't for you I wouldn't have chosen this hotel and it was perfect for my wife and I during our week-long stay in late August! Instead of paying $800 for just a room @ the 4 Seasons, we paid a little over $400 per day (all taxes, etc. included) for a two-room suite with a fireplace two bathrooms, two flat-panel HD TVs, a full kitchen and even a washer & dryer) plus a balcony with a view that included the mountain and the prairie side (important: try to get room 341 or 241 or at least another corner room). The staff service was equal to the best Ritz-Carltons and 4 Seasons I've stayed at--the furnishings weren't as expensive as those hotels but they were clean & comfortable and when you come here, you don't want to spend much time in your room! I've seen some complaints about the limited selections in their breakfast buffet but hey, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, breakfast potatoes, french toast, oatmeal, yogurt and fresh fruit were good enough to fuel us up for a day of exploring and adventure in this beautiful part of the world. The roof-top hot-tub is huge and was never crowded when we went there in the evening; we didn't use the indoor or outdoor pools or the gym but they looked just fine if not very lavish. The spa had a really good steam-room (a must for me) and a really good whirlpool, too---and the massage I got was one of the best I've ever had. The hotel is about a 15 minute drive to downtown Jackson Hole and just a few minutes from the entrance to the Grand Teton National Park. There are also restaurants & a few shops in Teton Village and the ride on the tram to the top of the mountain is a MUST-DO while you're there. Did I mention the service from everyone on the staff was 5-Star? As you can tell, we loved everything about the Teton Mountain Lodge and think it's a bargain! (check the traveler photos for some pics I'm about to upload).

Room Tip: Try to get room 341 or 241 for the best views from the balcony---if they're not available at lea...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
tyler_barker, General Manager at Teton Mountain Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear CABOSANPLANO,

Thanks for posting a review here on Tripadvisor. I’m delighted that your recent stay at Teton Mountain Lodge & Spa exceeded your expectations; furthermore, I hope your travels bring you back this way soon!

We appreciate your business, feedback and enthusiasm.

Warm Regards,

Tyler
suburban St Louis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Solo vacation to see the national parks, stayed here 5 nights, as recommended by a local guide. My stay involved two rooms, one for 3 nights and one for 2 nights. Both junior suites were roomy and attractive, with responsive service, big jetted tub, nice touches, great spa, windows that opened and a small balcony, quiet, trees in view,short walk to the village sites, free local calls, helpful and warm concierge. But the t.v. selection was the worst of any place I ever stayed, a room service hamburger with Pepsi I ordered hit TWENTY NINE dollars, another sandwich was found to be uncooked chicken breast (the kitchen manager politely did not charge me for the replacement cooked one), my one load of self service laundry took $4.50 (with soap), the only food available was from Cascade, which I gave up on within a day or so. I can only think the "real" chef was on holiday. I found the pools very tiny, with almost no room around them, and accessing the fitness center, rooftop hot tub, the pools, and the ladies' locker room was a labyrinth with no sense. Seemed to be lots of stairs to climb. There was no hotel layout map, even when I asked at the front desk for one because I needed it! Nothing seemed connected. There wasn't even an ice machine on all floors! (?)There was no shuttle to/from Jackson or the airport, except for the public busline or high priced taxi. The thing that aggrav ated me most was that even though evenings hit 40degrees, a guest can't turn off the air conditioning, which blew straight over my bed like a tsunami; this is something in the wiring of the rooms and a technician has to get behind the wall panel to turn it off! The safe didn't work. The Express checkout via the t.v. didn't work. This room was $350 a night, and I had to pay all my days long in advance acccording to Jackson Central Reservations. I felt this stay made me work too hard and had too many misses, so I can't recommend TMT and wouldn't stay there again. Certainly glad I didn't have any small kids, teens, or elderly parents with me because they'd have been miserable. I wasn't miserable, but could have been a lot happier. My suggestion: stay in Jackson.

Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Durham, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We stayed here over Labor Day weekend and had a great time. Just a couple points took away from an otherwise perfect score.

First, the highlights:
- Huge, beautiful, welcoming lobby
- VERY friendly and helpful staff (especially Fran at the front desk)
- The first night, our neighbors were very loud (not the hotel's fault). The next morning, we mentioned it to the front desk and they moved us to a one bedroom suite on the 4th floor with a balcony. Beautiful, clean rooms with very nice bathrooms.
- We only ate at the restaurant, Cascade, for one buffet breakfast which was great and not too expensive (~$15/person).
- Free parking
- Walking distance to shops and restaurants in Teton Village
- The spa facilities were very nice! Steam room, jacuzzi, showers and rooftop hot tub were all great.

Cons
- The walls are pretty thin, which is why we asked to switch rooms in the first place
- A female attendant walked into the spa locker room on my husband without knocking/warning
- During our couples massage, one of the masseuses talked very loudly throughout (not very relaxing!)

We had a great time and will definitely consider this place next time we come back to the area!

Room Tip: Room 417 was an awesome, one bedroom suite with a kitchen.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

The room at TML was spacious and very comfortable! The jetted tub was awesome! The Murphy bed was surprisingly comfy. The staff was very professional and housekeeping responded to our needs promptly.
The food at the restaurant was good value and we enjoyed everything about the entire property.
Friendly staff!

Room Tip: Make your needs known when booking your reservation and keep in the mind that the staff cannot accom...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

The website shows expansive rooms and although everything was beautiful the rooms are very narrow and small for the price. The lobby is beautiful, the location breathtaking and the breakfast buffet was very good. They put us (two adults, a 7 year old and a 10 year old) in a room with two full size beds which was pretty uncomfortable, the next day we asked for larger beds and got two queens, we wondered if they put us in "kids" room the first night! We asked for some sort of discount since they gave us the wrong room and they credited us $25, not much. The bathrooms are very nice and have big tubs. Walk to the free gondola at 4:30 and take it up the mountain for brilliant views and good cocktails!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Teton Mountain Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!