“great room, great service” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Winter 20-30-40
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Teton Village
Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
“great room, great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

My wife and I recently enjoyed a week-long stay.

Since the TML opened, we having been returning each year for our February ski week.

We've always enjoyed the TML, but this year was special. Our one bedroom suite was spacious and had a gorgeous, south facing view.

But what really made our stay special was the excellent service provided by the TML staff. Whatever special request we had the front desk always met the request pleasantly and quickly. Most of all we enjoyed the friendliness and helpfulness of the ski valet team. What great guys!

Room Tip: Rooms in the new, south-facing wing have great views.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Will F, Manager at Teton Mountain Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, March 23, 2012
Thank you very much DennisUtah, both for your review and for your continued return business! We are thrilled that the front desk staff provided just the service we train them for. When we shared your review with the ski valets, they were bursting with pride. Thank you again. Reviews like this inspire us to reach the peak of guest service.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

First thing to say is that this is not a 4 star resort hotel. My wife and I spent a week here in February 2012 for our honeymoon. The front desk staff were not necessarily rude...but they weren't particularly friendly or helpful either. It would be about what you would expect from the front desk at a Holiday Inn. The bell staff were great....as were the ski valets. The concierge sold us on using their "preferred vendors" for a snowmobile adventure to Yellowstone...the only problem was that when I went to the concierge desk to ask for a restaurant recommendation, they advised me that they were planning to call me to let me know that their vendor had overbooked the snowmobile tour and we would have to reschedule. We made the snowmobile reservation through the concierge over a month in advance and even after they told us not to worry and that we would be able to go as planned, they called our room the next day to tell us we had in fact bumped and would have to go with another tour operator. In the end, we had alot of fun but the situation was handled by the hotel staff in a very unprofessional way. The bottom line is that Jackson Hole is a beautiful place and my wife and I will definitely return...but we will not be staying at the Teton Mountain Resort again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
tyler_barker, General Manager at Teton Mountain Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, March 21, 2012
Dear Jeff C,

Thank for you taking the time to share your thoughts, both positive and negative, concerning you recent stay Teton Mountain Lodge & Spa. I’m pleased to hear that our bell staff and ski valet exceeded your expectations. However, I must apologize for the way we handled your snowmobile reservations, we too were frustrated by the last minute cancellation notice that the vendor gave to us regarding your trip. We clearly mishandled that situation.

Again, I’m sorry that we mismanaged your snowmobile reservation and thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Warm regards,

Tyler Barker
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

Just back from Jackson and stayed at the Teton Mountin Lodge. Condo living suits us well. Extra space, option to make your own breakfast, generally find it better accommodation. And the Teton Mountain Lodge lived up to all our expectations.
We had a one bed apartment, which was nicely furnished, great kitchen and two bathrooms! It's well located, just down from the slopes. Not quite ski in ski out, but very close.
The staff were great, especially Katrina the concierge who helped us with dinner reservations and the like. The ski valet boys were also wonderful. So kind, nothing was too much effort and would come and carry my skis for me for the few steps back to the hotel.
The bar and restaurant staff were great as well. We had a few nice meals and some good après at the Cascade, which is almost too convenient after a hard day on the slopes!
But the best thing was the Spa. Ssshhh, don't tell anyone but there is the most awesome steam room in the ladies/men's changing rooms which may be less sociable than the hot tub but was amazing at melting away those knots in the muscles. I had it to myself most days. Bliss.
I would recommend Teton ahead of staying in Jackson. There are enough restaurants and bars for a 9 day stay when you ski hard all day, and why would you want a bus ride back every night and morning. Ok so we missed out on the cowboy steak house in Jackson, but you have to leave something to go back for and maybe next time..... And there will definitely be a next time.

Room Tip: We had one facing the slopes which was very nice. The one bed condo was very spacious, if a bit more...
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

Stayed for a week with my family. The room was very clean and well appointed, but much smaller than expected. Staff at check in and throughout our stay was average at best. Disinterested and seemed weary - maybe its has been a long ski season and they are ready to go back to their home countries. Food in Cascade was average to awful (better at breakfast, but still not what one would expect for the price). The first floor pool area is quite good for kids and the spa is lovely. This hotel has a great deal of potential, but for the price we will return to the Snake River Lodge for our next visit.

Room Tip: Rooms in the spa wing that end in 41 will have extra windows and a view of the valley and partial mo...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Dear Beaucoupdetravel,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experiences relating to your recent stay at Teton Mountain Lodge & Spa, I’m pleased to hear that you relished the Solitude Spa and your family enjoyed the pools. I apologize that you found the food quality to be lacking in Cascade. Our culinary team is constantly striving to prepare the very best menu offerings utilizing the freshest local ingredients possible, such as grass feed beef from Montana to locally produced goat cheese from Idaho.

Again, I’m sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations and we will certainly continue to improve the quality of our menu items.

Warm regards,

Tyler Barker
Stowe, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

My family and I spent a glorious week at the Teton Mountain Lodge last month. The service at the hotel was outstanding. There was not a moment where a question or need was not met. The suite we had was extremely clean and spacious. We had enough room for all of our ski wear, suitcases, skis, snowboards and after ski clothing. The kitchen was fantastic. We had all brand new modern appliances, it was stocked perfectly for a family of five to cook in and was extremely clean and easily accessible. The bathrooms and beds/bedding were luxurious and made for a little too much relaxation. Our many meals at the hotel restaurant were consistent and delicious. And of course, after a long day of skiing and riding, the bar was a wonderful place to relax and unwind. We are from a ski area ourselves and have vacationed all over the west. So far, Jackson Hole and its Teton Mountain Lodge has been our favorite experience. We will no doubt be back.

Room Tip: I think any of them will be wonderful.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

Hotel is very nice, smaller than I realized from the pictures. The service staff was amongst the most attentive and friendly I have encountered. I had a double queen room (beds were more like a full and would be small for two people). Gym and pool areas are great for an active recovery. Also, in-room jacuzzi tub is huge and fun!

2 minute walk to ski rental and the aerial tram and gondola. If you can find a decent rate around $200-220 during ski seaso, I would take it.

Breakfast buffett at Cascade Restaurant was awesome for pre-skiing. However, my one complaint was there burger. Either mine was poorly cooked, or most likely, it was a frozen pattie that was not properly defrosted. They can and should do better.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

I just spent 4 nights at the Teton Mountain Lodge. Terrific room, great location and great service. One of the best ski hotels I have ever stayed at! I will definately return.

Room Tip: The suites are well worth the money.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Been to Teton Mountain Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!