“thanks to an upgrade, we avoided the dreaded jr. suite” 4 of 5 stars

Teton Mountain Lodge & Spa
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3385 Cody Lane, Teton Village, WY 83025   |
Ranked #2 of 6 hotels in Teton Village
boston
“thanks to an upgrade, we avoided the dreaded jr. suite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

We had booked a junior suite, but when we checked into it, it was shockingly tiny. Perhaps if it was called 'one cramped room with bed, murphy bed, and kitchen", we might have been better prepared for the space.) This was not reason enough to move rooms...though it was certainly odd to have a large bed with a kitchen on one side of it and a murphy bed (for the kids) on the other side of it. If the murphy bed was down, and someone had to get up in the middle of the night, they'd have to navigate an obstacle course to move about. The layout is tight and odd...as soon as you enter, there is a table for four, next to that is the kitchen area, then the counter with two chairs, then the bed, then the space for hte murphy bed.

But that was not the deal killer...it was the noise from the kitchen fan coming out of the restaurant from the hotel terra behind the Grand teton lodge that did us in. So...we go to the front desk, and the young man there did comment that he has heard other complaints about the fan...so he upgraded us to a one bedroom suite (for an additional charge, but not the full rack rate.) Phew...and the one bedroom was NIGHT AND DAY like luxurious accommodations by comparison. Our vacation would have been very different in the junior suite (4 people in one room, which for us is not problematic, but there was no place to put even one suitcase, let alone 4 suitcases in the junior suite.) Once we were in the one bedroom suite, it was divine. Fireplace, view of mountain (though views mean little to me...i don't go to the room for the view.) But it was lovely! Also, the size of the bathroom in the one bedroom was HUGE...with two door access. Tons of towels, clean, and a double sink with ample counter space. We used the rooftop hot tub every night...very fun. We would return, but do not book the junior suite unless you clarify exactly how big it is and how many people you are and whether it has a murphy bed (which eats up the only free space in the room when it's down).

Room Tip: don't face the back if you are sensitive to noise, arrive soon after official check in hours so...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

476 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Montgomery
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

After traveling all day from Houston, TX, I was anxious to get some questions I had from the website about the spa. My husband and I stood there in shock as the young lady behind the desk blankly stared at us and said, "The spa is closed for the season."

I think this place is gorgeous, but it would be nice if they would make a comment on the website to this effect. Duh.

Room Tip: Request up high in you want a view
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Malolo Island, Fiji
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

On check-in, the clerk couldn't find our reservation so he updated us to a "junior suite." Wow! Two bedrooms, three baths, who knows how many phones, lol. Full sized kitchen with granite, no less. We ordered pizza from Dominoes who delivered. We watched the football game on the big screen TV over the lovely fire in the fireplace. The bellhop was terrific--very helpful and personable. If we need a hotel again in Teton Village we'll definitely spring for the "junior suite".

Room Tip: Room 521 was the suite we had.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Jackson, Wyoming, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

My husband and I have one night per year, our anniversary, when we leave the kids with an overnight babysitter. We get a hotel room, have a nice dinner and relax. Our absolute favorite place to spend this fabulous time, is at Teton Mountain Lodge. The atmosphere is cozy and comfortable.. The staff is incredibly friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. The spa (which I visit a few times a year) is the best in Jackson Hole. It is tucked under the well-equipped fitness room. It is very peaceful and quiet. There is a soaking tub and a steam room with just the right amount of aromatherapy. We always enjoy the views, particularly in the morning when you can often watch the paragliders land. We never seem to take advantage of the roof-top hot tub as we are usually mush after spa and dinner, but I hear it is incredible. This is also one of the few places (maybe the only) in Teton Village that has both an indoor and outdoor swimming pool, if we ever decide to take the kids overnight, this will certainly be the place because of that.

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony, especially in Summer and Fall.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

This hotel has all the makings of a great place: beautiful interior, great location, fabulous staff, but cutting corners on the design phase has made it a fail in my book. To me what makes a great hotel stay is coming into a room, taking my shoes off and sinking comfortably into a fabulous bed. Unfortunately, I booked the studio suite and that was not my experience. I do not consider it relaxing to sleep on a murphy bed, less than a foot off the floor. I had the sensation of camping -- definitely not relaxing, and then you must sleep on one side the entire night unless you enjoy the light from under the door (basically eye level) shining in your eyes all night as well as the light coming through the peep hole is in direct alignment with where your head is on the pillows, I felt like I was in an episode of Star Trek waiting to be beamed up. I barely slept all night. The staff was awesome and did everything in their capacity to move me. Whilst I was waiting, several other people were requesting to be moved as well. The bathroom in the studio suite was nice, but when I was moved to a regular room, although the bed was very nice, the bathroom was not as nice as the studio! I cannot figure this place out, it has so much potential, but the design flaws leave an unfavorable impression.

Room Tip: Do NOT book the studio suite if you expect luxury. Their "mountain view" room actually tra...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Eden, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

We decided to stay with this Lodge because it was priced very well and its location. We arrived on a Friday night about 7pm expecting to check into a studio suite with a Murphy bed that we had booked. To our surprise they had upgraded us to a 1 bedroom suite at no extra cost. When booking the room we was asked why we were visiting the Teton area and replied that it was our first Wedding Anniversary. It is this type of customer service that makes you feel warm and welcome and makes the entire trip feel special. The room was immaculate with a very comfortable King size bed, 2 person jaccuzzi tub, large 2 sink bathroom, full kitchen with granite countertops,flooring was hardwood/tile/carpet. Several very nice restraunts within walking distance including the famous Mangy Moose. Friendly, Helpful, Excellent service along with outstanding rooms and food . We highly recommend this Lodge to anyone who likes these qualities. We will definitly make this a tradition. Thank You Teton Mountain Lodge!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

The Teton Mountain Lodge is a nice place. I believe that since I made a "hotels.com" reservation and got a somewhat discounted rate I was placed far on the road side of the hotel. Perhaps this was by chance, but I was put all the way on the left side of the hotel facing the road, where you could hear the traffic all morning and it does wake you up. The air conditioning unit which is based in a closet has a compressor which is relatively loud and also wakes you up from time to time as it goes off and on. The beds are comfy and they give you a solid coffee maker which makes good coffee with glass coffee mugs. It seemed like everything in the room is for sale and they're ready to charge your credit card if you take anything including the stuffed bear and shampoo dispensers which are aluminum and are not refilled after your first night. You can buy new ones in the gift shop for a price. They have a decent roof top whirlpool which is fun and worked for me, and apparently you have use of the spa and pool which I didn't get to. Overall, I had a very long walk past the spa to get to my distant elevator and I was always awaken in the morning by traffic and the loud air system in the room. The bell service was very friendly and was always there to help and the front desk did offer to call any restaurant and make a dinner reservation. Its just that the young lady picked the wrong person to put on the side of the road and overall it left me with mixed fealings about the place. 3 stars.

Room Tip: Make sure they don't put you on the road side of the hotel for sure.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to Teton Mountain Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!