“Enjoy the challenge” 4 of 5 stars

3395 Cody Lane, Teton Village, WY 83025
888-333-7766
Website
Improve this listing
Activities: Skiing, City walk sightseeing, Viewing wildlife, Cross-country skiing, Dining, Camping/rv
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Experience one of the most iconic ski destinations in the North America! Over 4,000 vertical feet of skiing off the legendary Aerial Tram. Expanded beginner and intermediate terrain. Also a summer destination for hikers, bikers and sightseers. There are always fun concerts and events happening in Teton Village!
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Cheyenne, Wyoming
7 attraction reviews
“Enjoy the challenge”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The challenging terrain of this renowned ski area makes me ski better. There is a panoramic view of the rivers and mountains of Jackson Hole from most of the trails. There is very little green and easy terrain here, and inexperienced skiiers and boarders can find the upper slops intimidating. The numerous Mountain Hosts are very helpful and friendly, and can be found all over the mountain. Ski rental staff is friendly and helpful also. As at all ski resorts, restaurant meals are expensive. The resort invested in a new tram to Rendezvous Peak within the last couple of years, and this year there is a new high speed quad serving the intermediary Casper Bowl. Jackson usually has more snow than Colorado ski areas, and I always look forward to returning.

Irvine, Ca
10 attraction reviews
“Great Skiing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

They have a less than half price ($40) Apre Vous mountain lift ticket that is not advertised anywhere. It is a great option for intermediate skiers. Unfortunately, it does not cover the new casper area (I don't think), so it may only be a good choice for the first day of skiing. There is still a ton of terrain available off of the Apre Vous lift and you can use a traverse to access terrain below the casper area. Everyone we met at the resort was exceedingly friendly. If you do not do the entire day, I recommend staying till the bitter end of the day. Oddly, most of the skiers on this mountain stop skiing around 3pm. This makes the last few runs of the day amazing! There was nobody on the slopes!
The blue runs below the casper area are kind of hairy, because all the expert skiers from the aerial tram flow down through amphitheater and sundance. Sundance is particularly bad because it is very narrow and concave. I spoke to a few other skiers on the plane home and they had a similar experience.

Honolulu
10 attraction reviews
“So this is suppose to be the best...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Let's start off by saying that I am a good but not great skier. I have been skiing for only 5 years, and mostly at the ski resorts in Utah. I have taken a few lessons and have read tons and tons of books on the subject, but I know I still have a lot a learn. What I do have going for me is what I would call an insatiable appetite for improvement in my skills as a skier and for my really grounded attitude about what I perceived to be a good value. In my short exposure to the skiing experience, I have enjoyed going down many blues and a few black trails at some of the most highly regarded western mountain resorts in BC, SLC, and Tahoe. So for this year's winter adventure, my family and I decided to take the six hour road trip from Salt Lake City to Jackson Hole, WY. JH is considered by almost everyone that has an opinion to be an absolute monster mountain (+4000 feet verticle) with way above average steeps and hyper-double blue terrain. Paying $100 for a lift ticket appeared to be justified, based on it's reputation. Well... my experience at JH fell short of my expectations. To start with, driving six hours through a horrible winter storm put my entire family on edge. My wife felt compelled to kiss the ground when we finally pulled up to our hotel in the town of Jackson. I know it's unfair to blame JH on this experience, but I have to mention it none the less. We stayed at two different hotels in JH, but I will leave my reviews for each perspective hotel on separate reviews. This review is for the mountain experience. The first thing that impressed me with the day lodges, ticket counters, walking paths, gondolas, tram, and lift chairs was how clean, new-looking, and professional everything looked. Service and maintenance of the facilities is not a problem here. Even the staff looked and acted very professional. Where I felt shortchanged was how the mountain was laid out. This is a big mountain by anyone's standards. The vertical is unmatched... at least on paper. But all in all, it just felt small to me. I tried to get as many runs down every trail as possible. By the end of the day, I felt that the mountain couldn't come close to filling my skiing appetite. Everything felt cramped and short (with the exception of the runs off the tram). The blues were indeed steep (for blues that is). The blacks were challenging and intense. It all seemed OK. But for a $100 lift ticket and a six hour drive from the likes of Alta, Snowbird, Pow Mow, and Deer Valley... I just left this beautiful resort feeling kinda empty. I won't bring up the fact that I was skiing in minus ten degree temperatures because these temps are A-typical for JH, and I don't believe the weather to be a factor in my overall review. Getting back to the slopes... let me try to summarize. The positives: well maintained trails, grooming is above average, beautiful views from the mountain, the lift lines were reasonable, mechanical systems were all functional, great vertical (on paper), a great professional feel to the place. And now the negatives: $100 lift ticket, six hour drive from Salt Lake City, actual food quality on the mountain was just average (I did not eat at Couloir Fine Dining, though), trails were poorly marked (think Squaw Valley), poor variety of shops in the village (this is what my wife told me), the big NFL football game was not viewable in the expensive hotel room TV (I never got an explanation), and just an average skiing experience (taken from the opinion of a slightly above average skier) from the very high rated front side of Jackson Hole. I am anxious to finish my journey to becoming an above average advance skier (or below average expert skier) as well as my goal to visit all of the greatest western ski slopes so that I can one day return to JH to give this beautiful mountain resort a second chance.

New York, New York, United States
6 attraction reviews
“Best Ski Resort in North America!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I know others have said it, but I must repeat them: "Jackson Hole is the best ski resort in North America." First off the scenery is amazing. From riding the lifts, walking around the village, and skiing the slopes you will be forgiven for having to stop and look around. Next, the ski slopes are awesome. There is so much variety and challenging terrain. Whether you want long easy groomed trails, steep mogul runs, or an off-piste experience they have it. Lastly, the service is superb. All of the personnel whether they are working in the rental shop, at the ski lift, at the restaurants, or best of all the ski instructors they are all very friendly and knowledgeable.

Also, I must mention my ski-instructor Vera. She was the highlight of my trip. Vera spent 3 days helping me with my technique, building my confidence, and showing me all the mountain had to offer.

Brentwood, California
5 attraction reviews
“JHMR”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

The employees exceed all expectations! They even have a Mountain Ambassador that wanders at the base to answer questions, give help. Show me where that is at Squaw?? The boot rental person never rushed me and made sure that the boots were of upmost comfort. I tried on several pairs at his suggestion. The lines were short, the snow fantastic. Loved my little red head ski instructor! She encourged me to take a step outside my comfort zone and I was delighted. Wonderful winter ski vacation.