“Suprise on Road Trip” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Helena, Montana, United States
“Suprise on Road Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

After a long day on the interstate, we were looking for a fairly quick meal, but a good meal. We found the Wyoming Chop House by chance after almost stopping at the Pizza Hut. We were greeted immediately, seated promptly even though the place was hopping. We were again greeted by a server, given water and menus. Our waitress introduced herself with a smile, Leah, wrote her name on the table cloth upside down and got us started. I ordered a 9oz tenderloin, salad and garlic mashed potatoes...the tenderloin came out on a sizzling plate and was cooked perfectly! Very juicy and excellent angus flavor. It was a suprise because it came out very promptly and was a fine dinner. Definitely a good stop that I will go back to.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Greeley, CO
“Great dinner!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We had 8 family members enjoying dinner. We liked that the menu had entrees of varying prices. Everyone enjoyed their dinner - very good! The best offering were the dinner rolls served with honey butter! They melted in your mouth! Our only complaint is that the restaurant is noisy. It made it hard to visit with all the people at our table.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Good but relatively expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

In town for only one night. Was recommended locally. Atmosphere nothing special (although gad a fire burning outside on patio). Had buffalo ribeye. Was very flavourful but fattier than I would have expected. Service was prompt and friendly. Caesar salad was a bit small and uninspiring. All in all (and without knowledge of what else Sheridan might have had to offer) was satisfactory but expensive for what it was if in a larger centre.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Sheridan, Wyoming
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

The design of the restraint is poor. There is no waiting area and so the bar is often filled up with people waiting for tables with no drinks in front of them. I am going to stand on my soap box for the next few sentences and say does every restaurant in American now have to include tvs? I am tired of screens being every where I go. I do not mind a tv in bar and grill type place, but this is basically the fanciest place in town so they seem out of place here. I would like to enjoy a good dinner without seeing espn over the shoulder of my tablemates. The service was fine, no complaints. I find the food is usually hit or miss. On my latest visit I found it to be a miss I ordered my steak medium. It was served medium well on the way to well done. The plate was burn your fingers hot so I suspect it got cooked faster than the rest of the table's food and then reheated before serving. This is not a terrible place, but if I am going to pay over twenty dollars for entrees I expect much more.

Wyoming
“Order to go”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We ordered burgers to go, and what a huge disappointment! Usually I enjoy Rib & Chop House food, although the portions are small. This time we ordered well done burgers, one with grilled onions and a side of mushrooms and another a cheese/bacon burger with a side of fries. When we got home we discovered not only were the burgers barely cooked, but the grilled onions were on the wrong burger, and there were no mushrooms. When I called to tell them of the error, the reply was a terse "I'll tell the manager" and that was the end of that. My days of eating at the Rib and Chop house are over.

• Visited February 2013