“Sheridan Surprise!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Sheridan
San Francisco, California
“Sheridan Surprise!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

The Best Western in Sheridan is a motel -- which means that every room opens to the outside. At first I wasn't sure I would like that because I had to walk down a long, dark outside corridor, but when I turned the corner to find my room I found that I had come in the wrong way and all was good. The room was big. Comfy bed and linens. Quiet. I was glad to stay downtown to get a sense of Sheridan. It was fun to walk Main Street. It seems an authentic working western town, unlike Jackson say, with a few old-time antique shops. No noise from other guests. Although I had to turn the air conditioner off to sleep. At first I thought it was because it was old, but last night I stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott in Reno and I had to do the same thing, so it might just be me. There was chocolate at checkin and real half and half for my coffee, so I was a happy camper. The front desk was helpful. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: I always stay upstairs so there is no noise above me.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Sarah G, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Sheridan Center, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
We here at the Best Western love to hear your feedback about our property. Thank you for taking the time to give us a great rating. Hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

This hotel had all the amenities to make us very comfortable. The reception staff was very friendly and helpful with restaurant suggestions, and the breakfast included was excellent. The location is convenient to the interstate highway if you're wanting to get off the next morning quickly, but it's not that convenient to shops and restaurants in town.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for staying with us here at the Best Western Sheridan Center. We enjoy hearing feedback from our guest. We hope to see you again on any future stays.
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

No problems with room, bed, food. Breakfast was very good. Had a large selection. We went to check in at 4:00 after driving from Yellowstone. Rooms were not cleaned yet. Had to wait at least 1.5 hours for 2 rooms to be cleaned.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Oslo, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

It didn't start off very well. We arrived at 4:30 and the reception told us that our rooms were not ready - even though the check in time is 3:00. When I was not willing to just accept that, he managed to find us two rooms that were ready. I don't know why he just didn't do so at once... The rooms were large with comfortable beds and I could easily have stayed here for more than one night. There was a couple of travelling groups staying at the same time as us - and some of those gusts made a lot of noise in the corridor in the evening. I know that is not the hotel's fault, but there is always a risk staying in hotels that also receive those big bus groups... They serve you a complimentary hot breakfast, but when we came at 9:00 they were out of several items, like cream cheese and youghurts. I asked the lady for the latter, and she managed to find us two youghurts from the kitchen. She was nice and appologized for not having any more.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Sarah G, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Sheridan Center, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
I'm sorry for the inconvenience you experience on your stay with us. Thank you for your feedback to help us improve our guest satisfaction. I hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Los Banos, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Nice property, but the rooms were small. The closet is very close to sink and must be closed to get by. I'd have to stop getting ready and move away from sink area every time someone went into bathroom. The beds were comfy with nice tvs. The view out of our window was a run down neighborhood and we could see into their backyards. The indoor pool area was very clean and jacuzzi was perfect! The hot breakfast was served in the restaurant on site. We enjoyed the breakfast despite the fact that it was lacking many items. The host said they were waiting on the delivery truck...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Sarah G, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Sheridan Center, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for staying with us here at the Best Western Sheridan Center. Our hotel values your feedback to insure that our guest enjoy their stay. We hope to see you again on your next go around.

Billings
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Some of the past reviews had me worried. I am easily grossed out if a motel or hotel room is not clean. Thankful that this stay the room was very clean. Comfortable newer beds with plenty of pillows and fresh linens. Did not get the type of room requested however knew going into it that requests are not a sure thing.I think the hotel was full the night of my stay. Pool area was clean and was comfortable. There must have been lots of people who ate early because by about 8 o'clock items were running low. More eggs and other hot items were refilled not too much longer. Overall this Best Western seemed a better than some of the other hotels in Sheridan.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
We here at the hotel thank you for your feedback. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again.

Cleveland, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We made reservations for a handicapped room. We were told they had such a room for us. When we arrived we found our room to be on second floor in a dog room. Sara said they were sold out. Period . Too bad. Nothing could be done. We did receive a room far away from main bldg. bathroom VERY small. Not at all handicapped accessible.

Did not like her attitude and inability to suggest ideas or other ways to appease me. Only after I suggested a rate adjustment did she agree. Feel Sara too young and lacks all necessary skills to be the only manager we could talk to. Not having a general manager definitely hurts your reputation. Would have felt better if I had someone above her to discuss problem. Yet his first time at a BW. We usually stay at a Marriott where I can assure you this never would have happened. "It's my pleasure." goes a long way.

Joe and Raymond were great! Food was great and they bent over backwards to make us feel welcome. As was Logan.

Please do not send me a computer activated apology.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying with us on your trip. Unfortunately, the time period you booked with us was during our Rodeo weekend. This time of the year we are extremely busy. I am sorry that I did not meet you expectations and hope you do decide to stay with us again in the future. If you need any further information please feel free to contact me here at the Best Western Sheridan Center.

Front Office Manager

Been to BEST WESTERN Sheridan Center? Share your experiences!