“Best room in town” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 20 hotels in Sheridan
Sheridan, Wyoming
“Best room in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed in a few hotels in Sheridan, and this was by far the best for the price. Very big single room and nice layout. The staff was very polite. There was minor traffic noise outside, but it wasn't that bad. Most hotels here are by a busy road, so it really can't be avoided. Overall I would highly recommend this room.

• Stayed January 2013

211 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Bettendorf, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

This former flour mill converted to a hotel in 1974. The building is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. We booked the Condo Suite for $104.50. It was a 2 bedroom suite with a huge living room and a kitchen. There was nothing to look at out the windows, but we were just using the room to sleep for a night. There were a number of paintings of Native Americans. There was also a booklet in the room with some stories of Native Americans.

Room Tip: The condo suite would be good if you have more than 2 people in your group.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I can't remember a time I stayed at a place with such a low price. Usually that doesn't work out well. We were tired and this place was in a good location to the interstate. We walked into the lobby and it was really nice. We were greeted and promptly checked in. The room was very clean. I've paid a lot more for a room that was in poor repair. I was pleasantly surprised. In a hotel, the bed is the most important thing. The comfort of a bed in a hotel can really translate into wasted money on a road trip. Your tired and need rest... That's the whole reason to stop right? When you wake up feeling like you slept in a tent on the ground, you've wasted your money. The bed in this room was very comfortable. I felt rested the next morning. Again, pleasantly surprised. I have stayed at all the high-end chains and slept like crap. I like this place and will stay again. The price was awesome! They are doing it right here. I will stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012
Cameron, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

A great value and superior service. The manager was straight forward, professional, and helpful. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. My wife was happy......that is a tough sale. We will stay here agian.

• Stayed December 2012
CtheWorld
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

The room we stayed in was small, very clean and simple. Lots of nice little touches like a small coffee pot, extra towels, makeup remover and basic toiletries. Location was convenient off the highway with a few breakfast places and coffee nearby. Great Value.

The people were friendly....once you got their attention. When we arrived (at 2am) the front desk person was asleep and my husband and another customer had to wake her up. haha. Then in the morning at checkout my husband stood next to the desk for a full minute while the attendant read the newspaper.

Room Tip: All rooms open to the outside.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
South Elgin, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We stayed one night here while traveling across country. I chose this hotel because it was convenient to the interstate, it had good, recent reviews & the price was great. The room was spotless, it had a good sized TV & a shiny, clean bathroom. Our wifi worked fine & the staff was very nice. The continental breakfast was nothing to brag about, but it had all the necessary things, such as cereal, toast, waffles, etc. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Chesapeake, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We spent one night in the Mill Inn. I chose the hotel for several reasons -- first of all, I like to stay in unique places such as a converted flour mill; second, the price was very good; third, the reviews were also good. We were pleased with our stay at the Inn.

I would have given this property 5 stars if they had already gotten the new mattresses the manager told me they would be getting a week after our stay. As it was, the mattress was horrible, really bad. In fact, if they were not getting the new mattresses I would have given them a lower rating. I don't think they should have waited so long to get new ones, it seemed unfair that I had to sleep on something that poor. That being said, from here on out, you should be good to stay there because they've gotten new pillowtop mattresses (or so I was told) -- and that was my only complaint (a big complaint in my book!).

So -- other than the mattress situation, the two bed room was very large. I don't know if it was larger than their average rooms, but it also had a sofa, dresser, wardrobe, two chairs and table, microwave, refrigerator; and also, a sink outside the bathroom as well as one inside. A nice touch was the Starbucks coffee packets for in-room use. The nice western decor included a cowboy-print bedspread and buffalo-print curtains.

The lobby of the Inn is very nice and western with great western pictures, an antler mirror and light fixture and other items. There is a computer in the lobby for guest's use. The staff worker was pleasant.

The breakfast was a standard continental with cereals, toast, donut and Belgian waffle machine. We were satisfied with it since it means we don't have to stop anywhere else for breakfast.

The history of the building is neat and there are write-ups about it on the walls. Some years ago, this was a successful flour mill for more than 50 years before becoming an Inn. The tall silos used for the mill are still beside the Inn, which is really cool.

With the new mattresses and inexpensive price (we paid total $77 with tax in mid-Sept) and other positives about this place, I would certainly recommend it as a good place to stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Mill Inn? Share your experiences!