“Oh dear!” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Edinburgh, Scotland
“Oh dear!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

First visit to a Perkins Restaurant and I assure you it will be the last. It looked okay on the outside, but was a bit worn and tired on the inside. Only four or five tables being used, but most of the floor seemed to have bits of food from previous diners. To be fair they did start sweeping the carpet around us . . . but that was just as our food arrived – nice. Server was polite and chatty, if a little clumsy and absentminded. Had a few goesHad a very average bacon and cheese burger with fries which was okay(ish). Not that impressed.

• Visited June 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Cardiff, UK
“Renewing the seating around us”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Sat having our evening meal when they decided to replace all the chairs in the area where we were sitting. This involved opening the fire exit & pulling the chairs down the room in groups of 2s & 3s.
I could just about put up with that however they then started to rip out the booth seating around us! By then there must have been at least 3 men dismantling the restaurant as we sat trying to eat our meal.
We asked to be moved & although we were by then I'd gone off the idea of eating there.
We didn't end up paying for our meal due to our complaint. However I'd rather had enjoyed my meal without having to take it to another table in the middle of eating it.
What was the food like? From what I can remember it was okay but in terms of customer satisfaction it was a complete nightmare.
Lets hope the renovations were worth it!!!

Visited August 2012
Tyldesley, Lancashire
“A disappointment”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

We have used the Perkins chain a lot on our visits to America and until now, nothing but praise. Sadly the food was not up to the Perkins standard, overcooked and dry, burned in places. Maybe we caught them on a bad day, who knows?

Visited June 2012
Saint Louis, Missouri
“An average meal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Lots of variety to choose from. We eat at Perkins a lot when we travel since we don't have them at home. We love their pie and baked goods.

I had to send my sandwich back because it was the wrong one (not the server's fault) and it was quickly fixed.

Visited June 2012
Sheridan, Wyoming
“Terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

Perkins is the only place in town, other than a bar, open late enough to go out with a friend for "coffee" and hang out. That is the only reason why I go there. No matter what i order, the food tastes stale like cardboard, the coffee tastes like water with coffee flavor in it, and I walk away feeling utterly disappointed. Other than the great conversation with friends, I cannot think of anything else positive to say. To the managements' defense, I must admit that I know the food is probably all frozen and reheated, and that it's a chain, so it's not like they can change the food or the quality. People love going there... but the food is not for me.

Visited May 2012