“Reviews are confusing! Ask to see a couple of rooms & then decide for yourself” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Trails End Motel Sheridan

Save Saved
You added Trails End Motel Sheridan to your Saves list
Trails End Motel Sheridan
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   2125 North Main Street, Sheridan, WY 82801   |
Ranked #14 of 20 hotels in Sheridan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

Its an old MOTEL that's being refurbished in a modern western style. Take it for what it is! I roadtrip with my 2 kids under age 10 in the summers & my husband flies to meet us on weekends. So, I want safe & clean WITH a pool.
We usually do holiday inn express or Hampton inn but Hampton was $169 & this was $89. Free continental breakfast & I got a lg side of bacon for $1 for my 6 yr old.
Visited with owner and all beds are new. Our linens & pillows were soft & comfortable. Room was clean & pool was large. Yes, all the things of old but it IS old!
There were glitches, but they were addressed when identified.
Best advice for kids: go to Safeway, get picnic stuff, go to Kendrick park with swimsuits & water shoes, picnic by creek, play on playground, & swim in public pool. There is also a snack shack there with food & esp. Ice cream!!! Eat at motel restaurant & bar. Food is delicious & kids steak plate a steal. Also: open containers in styrofoam cups are ok:-) for pool or room.
Live bands on stage in back since april. Check on that if u dont want the noise--or u want the fun!!!
We chose two story bldg on street away from rr tracks bc I like hallway entries & exterior entries with keys, feels safer.

• Stayed July 2012
TrailsEndMotel, General Manager at Trails End Motel Sheridan, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your stay with us and you writing a review as well! We are happy to hear that your children enjoyed the swimming pool and that you found the food in our restaurant to be delicious! As you kindly pointed out, we are in the process of refurbishing the motel rooms and have completed the remodel of the restaurant and bar.
We want our guests to feel comfortable, and you said it perfectly, if our motel is not fully booked, anyone is more than welcome to ask to see a couple of the rooms and choose which one they would like to stay in. We can only remodel so many rooms at a time, so some rooms are currently more “updated” than others.
Thank you for your review and for your helpful advice for others traveling with kids!

Trails End Motel Management Team

63 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Cheraw, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

This hotel was rated as a 3 star on Hotwire. That is a joke! A 2 star at best. But what can you do at 11:30 at night and you've made reservations and your tired? Stay of course, unless its a total dump!I will say all the staff we encountered were very helpful and friendly! So we made the best of it after getting over the shock of all the dark paneling and slight musty smell in the rooms. the beds were comfy and we had a good nights rest. The breakfast was delicious! A nice free breakfast with cereal, waffles, toast, ect. or you could order 2 eggs, hashbrowns, and choice of meat for $4.70. Kids 12 and under could get that free. So some of us did that and it was great. I wouldnt just choose to stay here again, but I wouldn't go as far as saying never again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our motel. It sounds as though your overall stay was a pleasant one. We are pleased to hear that our employees were helpful and friendly, hospitality and quality customer service is of crucial importance to us, as our guests deserve nothing but the best that is within our means to provide. We do apologize for the “dark paneling and slight musty smells” that you speak of in your room(s). We are currently in the process of refurbishing the motel rooms and some have been fully finished, others have upgrades and there are obviously some that we have not been able to attend to yet. If you do choose to stay with us again, please know that you are more than welcome to ask to see other rooms and select the room that you would prefer if we are not fully booked.
We are glad that you enjoyed the breakfast and thank you for staying with us!

Trails End Motel Management Team
Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Sheridan is small and pretty much in the middle of nowhere so you do not have good choices that are not available to stay at overnight. I did decide to stay here because of the reviews I read which were fair.

First it is the kind of hotel with a blinking light that highlights the name. That impression kind of made me wonder what I was in for. The service lady was very nice and pleasant. We had to stay in the back units which I was nervous because it is not in a nice area. The security was good- To get into the hotel you must use a key card then you use the key card to open your door. I really appreciated that due to the area. The motel is old but the rooms look like they have been updated. The room looked like it had new carpet and was clean the bed was comfortable. It looked like some people towards the front of the motel lived here. I could be wrong – just appeared that way. Since we were on a very long road trip heading back home I needed to find a car wash to remove all the bug junk on my car. One is located right down the street- that was nice.

What I did not like is the fact the motel is located right next to the railroad tracks. I am not use to this. My college daughter has a dorm next to train tracks so it did not bother her at all. Every time the train would go by which I swear seemed like every hour and it would blow its horn. So I did not sleep well at all 6am came too quick. At breakfast when we walked in it seemed like a rough crowd my daughter and myself just opted for coffee to take for the road. I had 12 hours of driving to do - I wish I would have had a nice quiet place to sleep. I was exhausted by the time I finally got to my destination.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Danville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

Awesome staff. Very friendly. Several buildings have been remodeled but not the one we stayed in. Was back against the railroad tracks and it made for a few wake ups throughout the night. Kids liked the pool and breakfast was great.

• Stayed July 2012
Rochester, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Stayed here in November 2011 and it was GREAT , the breakfast was amazing, now booked for this year and they have changed how they charge and serve breakfast , :( bummed!! The whole reason why we booked was because of the breakfast !!! Now its five buck a person and not self serve buffet . So bummed !! We loved this little hotel , it is still a nice place for the money , but bring the breakfast buffet back !!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Bozeman, Montana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

This is an old building remodeled. The beds were great and there were updated tvs and mini fridges in the room. Staff were friendly. This is not a fancy place if that's what you're looking for. However, it was comfortable, clean and reasonably priced. The best part is the Firewater Bar and Grille. Beautiful decor, nice staff. Did not try the food.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Carmel, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

We stayed at the Trails End Motel in Sheridan for two nights. The room was comfortable and clean. The Firewater Grill was the highlight of our stay in Sheridan. The food was so tasty, we had the Drunken Onions and the most mouth watering steaks ever! The waiter was very efficent, just coming to to table to check on us but not bothering us. The price wasnt perfect for the superb food and service we had. Way to Go Trails End and your very special Firewater Grill!

Brenda and family from California

Room Tip: Ask for the room near the front.