“Lovely hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 20 hotels in Sheridan
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights and it was a lovely clean hotel with all the amenities you need plus the American extras which make it good value for money.
You do need a car if you stay here as it is not in the main area. There is a pool and very small gym but at least you have them. We swapped rooms after the first night as we were on the ground floor facing the cars with no net curtains so people look straight in your room. When we were on the other side the views were fantastic even at ground level so if you are booking see if you can make arrangements in advance.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

193 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Koudekerk aan den rijn, Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

We've stayed for one night proir to our visit at Yellowstone NP. The rooms are nice and spacious. Comfortable beds. There is a pool and hot-tub. Everything looks like new. The staff was very friendly and helpfull. Especially helping us to find the best way to Yellowstone because of the landslide on the highway. There is free wifi internet and parking in front of the door.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Cheyenne, Wyoming
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2011

I booked five rooms for our girls high school soccer games in May for two seperate weekends and was told the rate would be $85 a night. The first weekend we stayed we did recieve that rate and everything went well. This weekend we cancelled two of the rooms for one night and one of them for two nights and when I did this I was told the rate was still going to be $85. When we checked in I was told by the manager Mohammed that the rate was actually going to be $120 a night because we cancelled one of the the nights and that the $85 rate was only good if we stayed three or more nights. If this would have been explained the day before we would have understood but to tell us the day we were checking in knowing there are no more rooms in town is totally unacceptable. I told him I would like to speak with the manager and he said you are and there is nothing that can be done and that was the rate. The last of our party to check in is going to be charged $189 because they are only going to be here one night. This is highway robbery and I will be informing everyone I know about how wewere treated on this trip. There 100% customer satisfaction guarantee is a lie because we are definately not satisfied and Mohammed pretty much said too bad and told us they are independantly owned so it would do any good to complain to Hampton because they will do what they want. He also called us liars about aout the rate.

• Stayed May 2011
Sheridan, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2011

I am a local to Sheridan and was looking online for anywhere I could write a good comment about this place. My house caught fire in January and since then I stayed at the Hampton. We were upset about our loss that had happened and everyday the staff here made us feel more and more welcome from writing little notes after they cleaned our room to sending us fruit baskets when we felt down. We stayed here over three months and have never experienced such a caring and welcoming enviroment our whole lives and we are in our late 50's. If you stay at this hotel ask for one of the rooms with the mountain view, it is beautiful we woke up every morning and first thing we did was open the curtains and just admire the view. We live here in town and any of our friends or family that come and visit we will recomend this place above all others.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side with the odd numbers
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Western Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2011

We stay at a LOT of Hampton Inns & this one was very disappointing. Desk/table had obviously not been cleaned as it was covered with something sticky - not a big deal & I wouldn't have thought anything more about the housekeeping until I turned back the duvet to find a gross blood stain on the mattress cover. No way anyone could put on fresh sheets without noticing the stain. Brown stains on bathroom door also particularly unappealing. Towels & pillow cases were the grungiest I've ever seen. Surprising for such a new hotel. In the breakfast room my husband had to ask for yogurt & was given the "last 2". No fruit other than apples "fruit was coming tomorrow".
On the upside the young lady who checked us in was pleasant & helpful.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
mohammedkhan87, Manager at Hampton Inn Sheridan, responded to this review, March 31, 2011
At Hampton Inn we strive for guest satisfaction and loyalty and to back that up that is why we have our 100% Hampton Guarantee. If you are not satisfied we do not expect you to pay. I am very sorry that during your stay our team could not achieve our goal; we would like to fix this by getting a hold of you to offer you our guarantee. We want to thank you for your feedback and inform you that it does mean a lot to us here in Sheridan because without you we would not be able to tell what we are doing wrong.

Mohammed Khan
Hampton Inn Sheridan
307.673.2734
Cheyenne, Wyoming
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2011

We requested a handicap room for 3 adults and a 3 year old. The room was big enough with two beds and room for a wheelchair. The big problem was NO shower chair for the handicap person to sit on. They then moved us to a new room that would work except for the fact on two people would sleep and my son and I on the floor. Then was told we could get a another room for 89. more a night. This hotel has only one room with a shower chair. Not all ADA rooms meet ADA rules..........if only one room has a shower chair. Manager was rude hatefull and told us to leave his hotel and not to go to Motel 6 or another that is his. We were not welcomed there.
I would not recommand this hotel to an one.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
mohammedkhan87, Manager at Hampton Inn Sheridan, responded to this review, March 8, 2011
I would like to first start off by apologizing for any inconvenience that you may have had with our hotel. I do want to assure you and our future guests we are 100% ADA compliant. As you may remember you were asked to leave when you started making racial remarks and threatening comments. I believe we did try to do everything that was within our reach to satisfy your family and I do regret not being able to do enough to have you stay with us.

We love our guests and try to do everything that is within our reach to satisfy them and let them have a real "WOW" experience. I am very sorry you didn't get a chance to get this experience and I ask that next time you come to town, please stay with us and give us a second chance.
Regina SK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2010

I think this location just opened, the view was nice, we had a lower level king room that was large as was the bathroom, quite luxurious at $89/night. All the staff members we met were very helpful & the desk clerk recommended an amazingly good steak & seafood place, plus gave good directions. Breakfast was good & they had express checkout. Very nice ...

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn Sheridan? Share your experiences!