“I can't wait to go back” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Saratoga Resort & Spa

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Saratoga
Saratoga Resort & Spa
You added Saratoga Resort & Spa to your Saves list
601 East Pic Pike Road, Saratoga, WY 82331   |
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Saratoga
York, Engalnd
“I can't wait to go back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2009

We stayed two nights here on our way from Yellowstone to Steamboat. We were put in the Duke Suite which was a really nice size and very comfortable. The hot springs were fantastic and very relaxing, particularly later in the evening. The restaurant and bar were good value (the bar has its own microbrewery) and the quality of the food was excellent. Contrary to some other reviews, all the staff we came across were extremely friendly and helpful. Overall the hotel had a really relaxed atmosphere so it is an excellent place to go and chill out. The small town of Saratoga was also really nice - we particularly liked the ice cream shop.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Denver
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2009

After staying 3 nights at the Saratoga Resort and Spa we have come to realization that the business is failing. They may be making money, but they are not making friends, especially our group. We travel quite frequently and love to explore small towns. Part of the allure of our visit to Saratoga was the getting to know the history of the area and the people. Our disapointment with the SR&S stems from the fact that we could not find a single staff member who had one nice thing to say about any other business in town. If we asked about a business and what they offered we were told how horrible they are and we should use the resorts services. I find it hard to believe that a small town business survives long without giving its customers what they want. We did venture out and not surprisingly we found that the business's that we had been told to stay away from were thriving and we could not get in the door. Sad to say the resort had any business and it became quite clear the motives behind the resort staff reports to us. Well, we will be back to Saratoga, the town is great...we will not be back to the resort.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
Grand Junction, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2009

My husband & I, our 2 children (9 months & 6 years), and my in-laws just spent 2 wonderful nights at the Saratoga Resort & Spa. We stayed in Room 155 (in-laws were in 129), which opened up onto the Courtyard where the hot pools are located. This was very convenient, I could see our 6 year old from the little porch in front of our room while she was in the pool. The room was small and a bit outdated but good enough for the 2 nights we were there. The grounds had a "Camp" feel that I really enjoyed. At night we enjoyed sitting on the back porch around the fireplace with a cocktail. There is a cozy living room on the other side with an adjoining fireplace. We ate at the restaurant twice (once for breakfast and once for dinner), this is where my only complaint of our stay . . . During breakfast our server was extremely rude when my husband, children & I joined my in-laws. The food was decent but nothing extraoridinary. The first night in Saratoga we ate at the Hotel Wolf, which was awesome. Fabulous prime rib! The next evening (July 4) we ate at the Resort. There was to be a fried chicken special, however, I was served chicken fried steak instead. It was your typical diner chicken fried steak, good, but not what I ordered. Apparently there was some mix-up because I overheard several other diners complain of the same. The lounge/bar was cozy with a full bar, however, my husband (who used to work as a professional brewer) was not impressed with the beer made in house. All in all we enjoyed our time in Saratoga, the town put on a good 4th of July Parade and fireworks display and the locals were friendly. I think we would stay at the Saratoga Resort & Spa again if we were in Saratoga.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Fort Collins
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2009

We have ben to Saratoga numerous times and everytime it gets better, the food, staff and lodging is the best around and the town is great too

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
the West
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2009

Great scenery, great hot springs, clean and comfortable rooms, good service, relaxing spa, good onsite restaurant and microbrewery, excellent walking trails and more extreme outdoor adventures close at hand. What more could a person ask for when he or she wants to unwind...

The resort has a yesteryear/western ambience but with modern conveniences such as tv and access to wireless internet in the main lodge. I loved the daily fires in both the rustic main lodge room and in the dining area. I don't know that I have enjoyed another hot spring as much as I enjoyed these choices--a large hot spring swimming pool, a large shared hot tub size spring, and five individual tipi covered springs that sheltered me from the elements. The grounds are well kept so it is a pleasure to soak outside enjoying the evergreens and other plantings that must be lovely in the summer. Saratoga has no light clutter to interfere with star gazing so you can soak and look for satellites zipping past at night. The spa is staffed with well-trained individuals who provide quality services. I almost hate to tell what a great placed this is because then more folks will find it.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2008

we have spent long weekends here 3 or 4 times and love it every time. The day spa is fabulous and the springs are heavenly. I love the den with the huge fireplace for relaxing with a good book or visiting with friends. The down beds are wonderfully cuddly and warm.
all in all a great experience!

• Liked — the springs and the spa
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed January 2005, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
SoCenCo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2008

The rooms here are small but clean, nicely furnished and the beds are good. We enjoyed the mineral hot pool, which is big enough to swim in, and the little teepee covered soaking pools. The restaurant service was slow and uninspired, but the food was good. There is a wonderful ourdoor fireplace with comfy furniture, and two nicely appointed indoor hangout places. Next time we will stay longer, play golf and soak more, maybe venture into town to try one of hte other restaurants.

• Liked — terrific hot springs pools, quaint clean rooms with good beds
  • Disliked — disinterested front desk and waitstaff
  • Stayed September 2008
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Saratoga Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!