“Overpriced, but an acceptable stay” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Rock Springs
“Overpriced, but an acceptable stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

The hotel lobby was smelly and in the middle of renovations (I hope). The whole building looked run down and old. However, the room was fine. Our room was facing the pool courtyard. (Other rooms are accessible from the outside.) It was a little noisy, I think the walls were thin. Or it could have been because our room was connected to another room with a door.

The only redeeming qualities were the shallow non-freezing pool that my kids loved and the restaurant that you eat breakfast at. It was still normal continental breakfast food, but it was nice that it was served in a nice restaurant by a super friendly waitress.

Overall, I don't think I'd stay there again for the price, but it was good enough. I'm glad we stopped in Rock Springs instead of Wamsutter. Rock Springs didn't have many hotel/restaurant options and Wamsutter had even less.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Conakry, Guinea
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I must have hit town at the wrong time. Paid too much for this quality of hotel. Not that there was anything wrong with reception or the room. After driving through a snow storm wanted a quiet room with a good bed and found it here. Staff were friendly and efficient.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
bwoutlaw, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Outlaw Inn, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on our property. We understand that your time is very valuable. The Best Western Outlaw Inn is known to have superior customer service and added amenities like our hot breakfast that guests visiting the Rock Springs area have come to enjoy and expect. We have recently gone through a renovation and are very proud of our new rooms. The Best Western Outlaw Inn tries to be a great choice for guests coming into Rock Springs and we ensure that our price reflects our quality and service.
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Let's face it, you're not staying here for your family vacation. It's Rock Spings WY. Honeslty, it is a fantastic little hotel with convienient access. Great comfortable and very clean rooms and AMAZING staff. Well worth the reasonable rates they charge. The breakfast is a real sit down hot meal served by great service staff at your pace. The dinner in the same resturaunt is VERY good and reasonably priced. Inside it is actually pretty cool, rustic and cozy. The outside isn't as bad as it appears in some photos from hotel websites, they have spent some money on a face lift. I can't see why any business traveler would't stay here. I will be back for sure!!

Room Tip: I think some rooms may have better WiFi coverage than others. My first room had a weak signal so th...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
bwoutlaw, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Outlaw Inn, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Jon J

I appreciate your flattering review. I must agree with you, my staff is AMAZING! I am glad you enjoyed the restaurant. It has been a local favorite for over 47 years.

Again, thank you for your kind words.
Debbie
Brighton, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

On are way to Salt Lake City when we needed a stop over . This was the first hotel we came to . Are room was clean and tidy , the pool was in the middle of the hotel and the rooms overlooked the pool area. Dropped are cases of and made are way to the hotel bar. Very friendly staff (Peggy) she makes a mean strawberry margrarita . After a few drinks and friendly chat with other guests we went to bed. Breakfast was included in the price and it was very good . It was buffet style and the food was always hot and tasty with loads of choices. Would recommend this hotel..

• Stayed May 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our complimentary cooked to order breakfast has been extremely popular with all of our guests.
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I always now if I call I will get a nice clean comfortable room. The reception people are more than helpful always going out of there way to help. Recently I lost the invoice for the night before and need for exspence reembursment. I made a quick call to Kelly that same morning and was emailed the copy within minutes. I stay there nearly every week and appreciate all the help. Its a great place to stay and will always recomend to coworkers, family and friends.
Thanks for always making my stay there as comfortable as possible
Neal KEC

Room Tip: Rooms in rear are great for the business traveler.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Neal W,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am pleased to hear you are satisfied with your stays.
The tip regarding the exterior rooms is great. These rooms are smaller, but have great access. It is a very popular room type for the guests that are working in town or travelling with motorcycles.
We appreciate your business and referrals. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Debbie
Palm Springs, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Outlaw doesn't get highly rated on TripAdvisor and having had it allocated to me on Priceline I was a bit apprehensive.
As others have commented, it is not an especially attractive property stuck between gas stations and truck lots but it is just off the freeway (with no noise from that) and as a late arrival we found it very easy to find, the staff pleasant and helpful - and an almost empty property but a large warm room.
It's a strange design for sure with a lot of 'function' space to hold large parties and the rooms facing into a large covered pool area - I was sorry not to have come equipped to use the attractive and empty pool.
Breakfast was just as specified - choice of 3 items - and pretty good really.
It's not and does not pretend to be a 5 star hotel - just a staging point on the I-80.
The deal breaker - would I use it again?
Yes and recommended.

Room Tip: There are outside rooms (drive up and park near) but the inside rooms are comfortable and not too di...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
bwoutlaw, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Outlaw Inn, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear David82605,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am thrilled our hotel exceeded your expectations. Thank you for recognizing our staff as pleasant and helpful.

Next time you are in Rock Springs, don't forget to bring your swimsuit, you will find the pool as warm as it is attractive.
Joplin, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

frist time been there and very clean and pretty can't not belive it it's that good!! if I have chance I will beeen there again!! and room are very comfortable just like at home!! and room are big and very clean!! I'm love it~we just stay for one night and that day very cold,but room are very very comfortable and the bed are so cozy too!! very good!!因為是第一次住,覺得好棒!!房間太舒適,房間的燈光也很溫馨,我很喜歡!! 外觀不像是很起眼的,可是一進房間內就大吃一驚!!簡直是外觀跟市內有好大的差別!! 當晚因為很晚了,櫃檯的小姐有點部耐煩!! 態度也ok而已!!! 不過旅館內真的很棒!當中有個很大的室內游泳池!!好棒的!!

Room Tip: every room are good!! we have two queen bed room!! it's very good!! like at home!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN Outlaw Inn? Share your experiences!