“Loved it! Great place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars

SAVE 15% - Plan Ahead
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Rock Springs
GreenLeadersBronze level
Anaheim, California
“Loved it! Great place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2009

I really enjoyed my stay here. It was clean, very comfortable and a beautiful location. And they accepted my dog for no extra fee, which is great. The price was a bit higher than I like to pay, but every other hotel I checked out was in the same range, but this hotel is really worth it. The room was good-sized and the bed was so comfortable. I loved the comforter on top and the pillows were so soft. It was wonderful, I slept great. The little lap tray they give to eat or read on was nice too, it's a small and almost meaningless to point out, but I liked it :) I was also able to park right below my window as well so I was able to see my car. I felt safe there and felt like my car was in no danger though. The bathroom was really nice and big. I loved the shower, stayed hot and was big. The shower head had the different settings one being the high-pressure three streams which was great on my aching shoulders and neck. The breakfast was nice. They had a few hot options: Omelets, eggs, sausage, one more I think, but I can't remember. The omelets were really tasty too and good coffee. And it was just minutes away from the Flaming Gorge, which is absolutely gorgeous. Loved my stay here and would definitely come back!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Play in the Rockies every day
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2009

Exceptionally clean, new hotel. While helping my sister move from Oregon to Denver, we could drive no further across Wyoming, and stayed in Rock Springs. The friendly, courteous front desk staff helped us find the best steak in town (and we ended up having Prime Rib) at Coyote Creek Steakhouse & Saloon. (See review on that too). Have always liked the Hampton Inn and we knew we wanted to make a quick get away in the morning, so we took advantage of the "included" breakfast. Cheese Omelets, bacon, french toast sticks, make it yourself waffles, cheese danishes, fruit, yogurt, cereals, oatmeal, skim & 2% milk, decaf, regular & french roast coffee, etc. Quite a wide buffet breakfast to was served from 6am to 10am weekdays. We did not encounter the loud people staying there, nor the thin wall problem, nor the rude front desk staff that others mentioned for this property. Just a little pricey, so dinged on value. We had a wonderful stay!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
N.J.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2008

Our family spent one night, August 21st, at the Hampton Inn in Rock Springs. We were on our way from Jackson to Colorado.

The hotel is new and very clean. There is a large breakfast area with lots of seating. The breakfast selection was more then I expected for a Hampton Inn. The hot selection included bacon/egg/cheese bagels and they had many different types of muffins, breads, and cereals along with coffee, tea, and juice. There were also some fresh fruit (not canned or bottled) selections.

We booked two rooms to accomodate our family of five. The rooms were adjoining with a King Bed in one and two Queen beds in the other room. We were on the first floor, close to the breakfast area. We were a little worried that it might be noisy (the hotel supplies soft foam ear plugs) but we had no problems. The rooms were large with modern furnishings and large flat screen T.V.'s. Each room had a microwave and a small fridge.

Our boys enjoyed the pool and hot tub area. There was one computer in the business section.

If you are in the Rock Springs area, be sure to check out the Wild Horses Trail Loop Tour, the Boar's Tusk rock formation, the White Mountain Petroglyphs, and the Sand Dunes. All are about 20 to 25 minutes outside of Rock Springs off Highway 191. To see these amazing things you must travel on dirt roads in the middle of Wyoming's Red Desert. We even had a close encounter with a pronghorn antelope.

• Liked — Clean and Modern rooms and the large breakfast area
  • Disliked — Sinks were inside the bathroom.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2008

This hotel is the best. It's new so it is very clean and the furnishings are in great shape. The front desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. The bed was extremely comfortable and even the towels were of great quality. The night we stayed they were celebrating the start of the Oympics and the manager brought in Chinese food. What a great touch! The breakfast area is one of the largest I've seen in a hotel and the food selection was decent. The bill was delivered to my door that morning making checkout a breeze. This is a top quality hotel that I would highly recommend. There is a train track behind the hotel but I wasn't bothered by any noise.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2008

I stayed one night at July 16-17. The hotel is new, and still in good shape. There was friendly staff at the front desk.

The room was spacious with a good working desk and nice walk-in shower. Breakfast was the standard fare with plenty of options.

Nothing to complain about. Would stay again.

• Liked — Large, clean room
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
tampa florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2008

New hotel, clean room with comfortable bed. Overpriced for the town, which was not my favorite. Ten minutes from the interstate.

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Disliked — town
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2008

I stayed here on business March 25-28. This was the worst front desk service I have ever encountered. Before I get into the details of that I would like to touch on the positives. The hotel is pretty new so it was in very good condition. The rooms are well furnished and cozy. I used the jacuzzi once and it was very nice just over ran with very small children running and swimming in it.
The continental breakfast was ok. I stayed at a Residence inn in Lafayette, LA and it had a much better breakfast so that is what I am comparing it too. There was just one hot item and the rest was cereal and assorted breads to toast and there was some fruit. I think I would have found it much more satisfactory had I not already stayed at a residence inn.
Now for the bad part. It began with my business collegue picking me up at the airport. He had asked the front desk clerk where the airport is located and she wasn't sure but decided that it was west on I-80, well it wasn't it was east on I-80. One would think that the front desk clerk would know where the airport is in the town. The other issue we had with this is she didn't try looking it up but when I was down there later on she was looking up information for other guest. The next incidence was when I finally arrived and was checking in. We had made the reservation about a month and a half in advance for two rooms with king beds, well they just didn't have those rooms (i.e. they had given them away to other guests) For a little side note Rock Springs is hard to get a room since there are several oil and gas field in the area this is why we made reservation ahead of time. So when I explained that we had made these reservations in advance and wanted the king beds she said to me "well when you are done you can just kick him out of your bed and he can sleep in the other bed" At first I didn't quite catch this insult. Then I was in disbelief when I was already up in my room. But I didn't say anthing because I just wanted to get to my room and there wasn't a manager there anyways. There were several other things that happened not as bad as what this first front desk clerk had done but still annoying. All in all don't stay here if you want to be treated like a paying customer. Stay at the Holiday inn its nicer and has a restaurant attached.

• Liked — CLEAN
  • Disliked — rude staff
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hampton Inn Rock Springs? Share your experiences!