“Seriously they have a bullet proof glass night check-in area.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Rock Springs

You added Motel 6 Rock Springs to your Saves list
Motel 6 Rock Springs
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2615 Commercial Way, I-80 at Exit 102, Rock Springs, WY 82901   |
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Rock Springs
USA
“Seriously they have a bullet proof glass night check-in area.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2009

Keeping with the bulletproof glass thing, I took everything in to the room from my car and even cleaned the windshield where my GPS left a mark.

The rooms are small, and it has outdoor halls, and only showers no tubs or at least my tiny room only had a shower. It was also loud, the walls are super thin and you can hear everything around and above you.

Oh yeah and this is yet another Motel 6 that requires you to pay 2.99 for the internet.

Not gonna lie I wish I would have booked a room elsewhere. This whole town stinks, my sister and I went to the AppleBee's here and had the worst service and nasty food. My burger was crunchy and our waitress said she was getting a refill for my drink and then finally came back around 15 min later and said she was gonna get refill still. I would have wrote this in a review for the restaurant section but I couldn't find it so I put that tid bit in this part....don't eat at the AppleBees if you stay in Rock Springs! Unless your into horrid service, impolite wait-staff, and crunchy burgers.

• Stayed April 2009

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Menifee, Ca
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2008

The room rate is 80.00 per night. for that you would think your stay would be something special. Far from it. the room was basic. No refrigerator, no microwave, no alarm clock, no shampoo or conditioner. One bar of soap. The ice bucket was filthy and when I went down to get a clean one I was told "that is what the plastic bag is for". WHAT?!?!? After I was more visibly upset with this attitude I was given a 2nd one which was worse than the first. Another attendant took it and cleaned it and gave it back. When asked if this was acceptable behavior I was told "we ARE the cheapest in town" as though I was paying dirt rates and should not have high expectations.
The room: The bed had hair in it. Black hair... I am a blond. the shower had the same black hair.
When I contacted Guest services at corporate, they wrote back some cut and paste response that their management team would look into it. YEA Right!!!
Do not choose Motel 6 for any stay you might be planning. Your car will be cleaner and safer. I will never stay at Motel 6 ever again. They just don't care, and dont care that they dont care.

I have photos on my phone but have to figure out how to get then off there.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — to be blunt., everything check my review on this site
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
Gordon, Nebraska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2008

Pre-booked adjoining rooms, traveling with kids. Check-in was easy and friendly. Both bathroom floors had not been swept in quite some time, much less mopped. Toilets were superficially clean. Front desk offered to come clean floors for me; I said I would go get some cleaning wipes and do it myself. One of our non-smoking rooms reeked of smoke and bothered me all night long. Walls and doorframes were dirty. Shower curtains both in need of cleaning. Could only get hot water from bathroom tap all night long. Easy freeway access with restaurant and stores very close by. Everything (except cold water) in good working condition. It bothers me that Motel 6 toilets don't have a lid! This is by far the cheapest motel in Rock Springs and I might stay again if I had to, but I will try to avoid.

• Liked — location and price
  • Disliked — cleanliness and smoke smell
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Reno
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2007

This motel is only a few blocks from I-80. We made reservations and when we arrived we learned the hotel was completely sold out (but we did get our room). It seems that Rock Springs is in the midst of an oil and gas boom. The motel was full of oil field workers, pipeline workers, and construction workers - a rough and ready crowd. So half the occupants leave the motel for the night shift at midnight to 3 am. The other half leave at 6 am, making this a noisy place to sleep. The pool was a mess of chiseled tile and broken concrete with no sign of active work. This pool will not be in operation for some time. The staff were pleasant and there is coffee in the lobby. The room was clean and comfortably small, with signs of recent updating. My advice; if you are dead tired from a long day on the road and have to stay the night in Rock Springs, this will do for the money - otherwise keep going.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2007

We were hesitant to stay here at first because of other reviews we'd read. We decided to bite the bullet because rates were half of that f other hotels.

Our concerns were unfounded. This is a reasonable, extraordinarily clean budget property. It was in a nice area in which we felt perfectly safe walking around at night. The rooms had been renovated recently and it felt as though we were staying in a brand-new property. The room was properly supplied and the linens/bedding were clean and attractive.

The room was small, with beds close to the wall, but this was nothing that couldn't be dealt with. I think perhaps these were rooms that housed only one bed at one time, but turned into doubles.

The rooms have only showers, not bath-tubs, but the showers are very large with good water pressure and hot water.

Our reservations were honored when we arrived, even though the property was booked solid. We had no problems with check-in, staff or other such issues.

I would stay here again with no hesitation and gladly save half the rate of the other properties in town.

• Liked — The rate and the location
  • Disliked — Lack of a bath-tub.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
here and there
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2007

Checked in to our room at 6 pm. Room was not clean. Pizza boxes, food remnants, and a full garbage. Told the desk, who said it would be clean when we returned at 11 pm. Returned as planned. Room was ice cold. No running water. Desk clerk said they were working on it. -7 degrees outside. No heat. Had requested a non-smoking room. Room had an ashtray in it, with a "no smoking" symbol decal. Ashtray caked with cigarette ash skuz. No mattress pad on one mattress, just the sheets. Ceiling panel was particle board, not painted all the way. Blankets were dirty looking. Room was overall pretty skuzzy. And cold as ice.

Not a very nice experience, Tom Bodette! BYOB! (Blanket). (And heater). (And water). (And bedding).

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
Myrtle Point, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2005

AFter reading reviews about Rock Springs, WY, it was with a bit of trepidation that we decided on Rock Springs as a stop-over on our way south from Cody to Dinosaur Monument. Motel 6 had the most reasonable rates among the motels that were accessible on-line.

First Impression: Not very good. We arrived at about 7:30 pm and the parking lot was pretty full, mostly of trucks and construction vehicles. We saw a lot of men checking in. It seems that the city is growing thus accounting for all the construction in the area.

Location: It is pretty accessible from exit 102. There are a lot of restaurants in the area.

Check-in: There were a few people ahead of us. According to my husband, they were turning away people without a reservation. There was also a sort of crisis in the motel as many of the rooms have not been cleaned in time for check-in. The receptionist was asking guests to return in an hour to give them time to clean their rooms. There was also a man who came in, saying that his bed did not have a bedspread. The receptionist was very apologetic, assuring him that as soon as she was done at the front desk, she would get him his bedspread. She even offered to give him a discount off his bill.
When it was our turn, we were given 2 rooms next to each other in the 2nd floor. It was a challenge carrying our luggage up the stairs. To our delight, we discovered that the rooms had a connecting door. We reserved 1 room with 2 doubles and another room with 1 queen but instead, we were given 2 rooms with 2 doubles. The connecting door sort of made up for the discomfort of my husband and I, squeezing into a double bed. (No, it did not occur to us to use one each :)

Rooms: The rooms were average to below-average in size. They were clean and well-maintained. There was a desk attached to the wall with a chair so you could comfortably use the laptop and watch TV. The bathroom was also clean. Our only complaint was the strange lay-out of the shower. It was a corner shower with the shower head coming out of the wall above the shower rod. Thus you would be facing the shower curtain when taking a shower. Really strange! A/c was ok. No Wifi.

Amenities: No breakfast. There was a small pool in the center of the building.

Check-out: smooth

Verdict: Reasonably priced motel with good accommodations. No wonder it is being patronized by the construction businesses. I don't know if housekeeping is normally understaffed but management makes every effort to compensate guests for any inconvenience they suffer due to the hotel's fault. Personally, if I were travelling alone or with kids, I would pay a little more and go to another less busy motel where I'd feel more secure and less crowded.

• Stayed September 2005

Been to Motel 6 Rock Springs? Share your experiences!