“A Fair Room at a Fair Price” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Rock Springs

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Rock Springs to your Saves list
Motel 6 Rock Springs
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2615 Commercial Way, I-80 at Exit 102, Rock Springs, WY 82901   |
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Rock Springs
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
“A Fair Room at a Fair Price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

We stayed here when our day was cut short by a late summer storm, forcing us off the road. The price was great and the room was exactly what we needed: a warm, dry place out of the wind and rain. The beds were comfortable enough and the basic cable on the TV worked, so we could keep an eye on the weather. No frills to speak of, just the bare basics for the price. But they have a cool space-saver shower that was neat. Didn't pay much, so I didn't expect much.

Room Tip: Get something on the first floor as there are only a few stair cases. If you end on the second floor...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

We had made on-line reservations and when we arrived that evening there was absolutely no problems. The night clerk (don't know his name) was more than helpful and friendly. He was from Reno, NV and we visited about Reno. He gave us several restaurants that would be good but recommended the Mexican restaurant which was very close. His recommendation was spot on! The room was very clean and comfortable and the shower was the crowning glory with a powerful spray that woke you right up! Seldom do ANY motels have such a great shower but this one did, at least our room did! For a Motel 6, I feel it is on the top of the comfort and service scale. Can't stress enough how clean and comfortable it was and how friendly the staff was. The only problem was my problem alone. I forgot to bring my pillow from home and I always find motel pillows too fluffy. I was in a hurry when I left and so the pillow didn't make the 4,000 mile trip and my neck suffered! Like I said, it wasn't the motel's fault! I had an wonderful experience at this Motel 6 and highly recommend it to anyone wanting a great room for a great price in Rock Springs!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Rock Springs, Wyoming
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

We would have stayed there but the air conditioning was not working. The first room only the fan worked with no cooling at all, in the second room no air function at all, not even the fan. Room looked clean though.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

If you stay here hope that you get to work with the day manager rather than David, the night manager. We have stayed here before and in fact stayed here earlier this summer and great customer service from JoJo, the day manager. However, we had an negative experience last night.When we arrived with our paperwork from the online reservation that I had made a month ago, we were told that the reservation did not exist, even though I had the receipt with the printed confirmation number, dates, rate, etc. David said that they did have a reservation at a higher rate that was made that day. They had our name on it, but the name was misspelled and the rate was higher than the online amount. David wouldn't listen to what I was trying to tell him and told me that having the paperwork and confirmation number did not make any difference. He said that if I wanted to check online I would have to pay $3.14 to use the internet. Instead, I paid the higher room rate and waited until I had free access to the internet today. I was able to get a phone number for online reservation problems. The women at that number was very helpful and will be crediting me with the difference in price.

When we got into the room, there was an unpleasant odor, although the room appeared to be clean. Later, when we heard our neighbors flush their toilet, their feces backed up into our toilet. We just flushed it back, since we didn't see any point to contacting the manager again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Roulette, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

If you need a nice place to stay for a day or two while in Rock Springs, Motel 6 is the place. The staff went out of thier way to make us feel at home. It is located in a quiet part of town but still handy to all the local business's. They have a DIY laundry in the motel that worked well and was clean and neat. Not the Waldorf but the rooms were clean and comfortable. We will stay there anytime we're in the area.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here 2 times the first everything was great bed comphy renovated rooms. No bugs, very clean and staff is great.. On my second trip all i could complain about is some if the beds still need replacement room113.. Although i dont agree for paying for wifi there rates are si liw 3.00 is nothing.. This hotel is way better then mist of the hotels in town luke travel lodge and some other budget friendly.. But i dont expect alit if my room is under 100$ a night. Idk why others have complaints but i practicality live in hotel's and hate motel 6 but this one is a diamond in the ruff

• Stayed April 2012
Lander, Wyoming
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

It has been a long time since I've stayed at a Motel 6, my motel of choice for decades, because I could usually count on them for a safe, cheap stay. As I became a senior, I started looking for more comfort and whatever good deals I could find with chain motel memberships and promotions. I DO really appreciate the inside corridor newer Motel 6's, but they are few and far between. The Motel6 website said this one was 'refreshed'... not realizing that only applied to the floors and the bedspreads. I'd been to the Jackson WY Motel 6 which really was 'refurbished' (big difference) with that 'bold new look' (like the Jetsons actually)... but I realize that's not common and surely didn't apply to this motel in Rock Springs.

Considering, tho, that this was Wyoming (where I live), and Wyoming's motels are ALL grossly overpriced, I had no other choice of where to stay for the night. This SHOULD have been a $36.99 motel but instead was a $43.99 motel. As a senior, I got a 10% discount... still more than the $36.99 it would have cost in most other states. Everything else was even far more ridiculously expensive.

ANYWAY, it did turn out that I had a good night's stay! The room was clean and the bed was comfortable enough, the small tv was okay, and with the help of the fan you could keep blowing in the room (either hot or cold or just fan)... it kind of was 'white noise' to keep out traffic sounds or the sounds of the people above, below or to the sides and of course those heavy doors slamming. Of course my Com-fit soft rubber earplugs helped even more... something I'd suggest for all travelers! The morning coffee was good, and it did help to have the car right there at the door to load up.

So I would say this was a nice surprise and a pleasant enough experience... the best value for the money in Rock Springs if you just want a good night's sleep... and not have to wake up early for a questionable breakfast. Just to go McDonalds and get a breakfast burrito, or splurge at a real restaurant.

Oh, I almost forgot... it is located north of the highway by the Mall off Dewar exit. There's a Smith's food store across the road, a Loaf n Jug gas station (with maybe the lowest price in town) beside the entry/exit street of the Motel 6 parking lot. I saw Applebys, and Penneys... and probably much more right within that mile of the Motel 6; and go south of I-80 just a couple of blocks and there's much more shopping. I think that makes it a very good location.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

Been to Motel 6 Rock Springs? Share your experiences!