“Air Conditioning Does Not Work” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Rock Springs

You added Motel 6 Rock Springs to your Saves list
Motel 6 Rock Springs
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2615 Commercial Way, I-80 at Exit 102, Rock Springs, WY 82901   |
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Rock Springs
Rock Springs, Wyoming
“Air Conditioning Does Not Work”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

We would have stayed there but the air conditioning was not working. The first room only the fan worked with no cooling at all, in the second room no air function at all, not even the fan. Room looked clean though.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Denver, Colorado, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

If you stay here hope that you get to work with the day manager rather than David, the night manager. We have stayed here before and in fact stayed here earlier this summer and great customer service from JoJo, the day manager. However, we had an negative experience last night.When we arrived with our paperwork from the online reservation that I had made a month ago, we were told that the reservation did not exist, even though I had the receipt with the printed confirmation number, dates, rate, etc. David said that they did have a reservation at a higher rate that was made that day. They had our name on it, but the name was misspelled and the rate was higher than the online amount. David wouldn't listen to what I was trying to tell him and told me that having the paperwork and confirmation number did not make any difference. He said that if I wanted to check online I would have to pay $3.14 to use the internet. Instead, I paid the higher room rate and waited until I had free access to the internet today. I was able to get a phone number for online reservation problems. The women at that number was very helpful and will be crediting me with the difference in price.

When we got into the room, there was an unpleasant odor, although the room appeared to be clean. Later, when we heard our neighbors flush their toilet, their feces backed up into our toilet. We just flushed it back, since we didn't see any point to contacting the manager again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Roulette, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

If you need a nice place to stay for a day or two while in Rock Springs, Motel 6 is the place. The staff went out of thier way to make us feel at home. It is located in a quiet part of town but still handy to all the local business's. They have a DIY laundry in the motel that worked well and was clean and neat. Not the Waldorf but the rooms were clean and comfortable. We will stay there anytime we're in the area.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here 2 times the first everything was great bed comphy renovated rooms. No bugs, very clean and staff is great.. On my second trip all i could complain about is some if the beds still need replacement room113.. Although i dont agree for paying for wifi there rates are si liw 3.00 is nothing.. This hotel is way better then mist of the hotels in town luke travel lodge and some other budget friendly.. But i dont expect alit if my room is under 100$ a night. Idk why others have complaints but i practicality live in hotel's and hate motel 6 but this one is a diamond in the ruff

• Stayed April 2012
Lander, Wyoming
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

It has been a long time since I've stayed at a Motel 6, my motel of choice for decades, because I could usually count on them for a safe, cheap stay. As I became a senior, I started looking for more comfort and whatever good deals I could find with chain motel memberships and promotions. I DO really appreciate the inside corridor newer Motel 6's, but they are few and far between. The Motel6 website said this one was 'refreshed'... not realizing that only applied to the floors and the bedspreads. I'd been to the Jackson WY Motel 6 which really was 'refurbished' (big difference) with that 'bold new look' (like the Jetsons actually)... but I realize that's not common and surely didn't apply to this motel in Rock Springs.

Considering, tho, that this was Wyoming (where I live), and Wyoming's motels are ALL grossly overpriced, I had no other choice of where to stay for the night. This SHOULD have been a $36.99 motel but instead was a $43.99 motel. As a senior, I got a 10% discount... still more than the $36.99 it would have cost in most other states. Everything else was even far more ridiculously expensive.

ANYWAY, it did turn out that I had a good night's stay! The room was clean and the bed was comfortable enough, the small tv was okay, and with the help of the fan you could keep blowing in the room (either hot or cold or just fan)... it kind of was 'white noise' to keep out traffic sounds or the sounds of the people above, below or to the sides and of course those heavy doors slamming. Of course my Com-fit soft rubber earplugs helped even more... something I'd suggest for all travelers! The morning coffee was good, and it did help to have the car right there at the door to load up.

So I would say this was a nice surprise and a pleasant enough experience... the best value for the money in Rock Springs if you just want a good night's sleep... and not have to wake up early for a questionable breakfast. Just to go McDonalds and get a breakfast burrito, or splurge at a real restaurant.

Oh, I almost forgot... it is located north of the highway by the Mall off Dewar exit. There's a Smith's food store across the road, a Loaf n Jug gas station (with maybe the lowest price in town) beside the entry/exit street of the Motel 6 parking lot. I saw Applebys, and Penneys... and probably much more right within that mile of the Motel 6; and go south of I-80 just a couple of blocks and there's much more shopping. I think that makes it a very good location.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

This is a little late, but thought I'd put it out there with summer travel season coming up. Last July (2011) my husband and I were on our way to the Jackson WY area and decided to make it from Denver to Rock Springs after we got off work. No reservations, but drove into Rock Springs about 11 p.m. looking for a cheap place to stay...I was skeptical when we drove up behind the truck stops and next to some other hotels which were much nicer. Got a room for about $60 I think...all we needed it for was sleep and a quick shower in the a.m. I was feeling like it would be a dump due to location, etc. but was pleasantly surprised. The room was tiny but just what we needed, funny with the "hardwood" floors but a pleasant night of sleep was had by both of us. The lady at the front desk even though it was late, was very accommodating. If you need a place to crash on your way to Yellowstone and don't want to spend a lot of money just for a quick night of sleep on your way through...this is the way to go!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Ogden, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

Having to stop because of impending weather, two and a half hours from home we were only looking for a place to stay over night . We paid an extra $3 for a downstairs room. They charged more because it was equipped with a refridgerator and Micowave. We did like the fact that the floor was not carpeted . Looked cleaner than some of the carpets we have seen in motels. Staff was friendly and helpful. Price was resonable for what we recieved. Can't complain about the motel itself, but would look for a more expensive place next time.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Motel 6 Rock Springs? Share your experiences!