“A pleasant surprise” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Washington State
“A pleasant surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

I have been coming to Bonsai the last two or three summers when I visit family in Rock Springs. Coming from the Northwest, you wouldn't think a place like Rock Springs would have quality sushi but it doesn't disappoint. The Rock Springs crunch I had today was outstanding and the previous sushi and sashimi has always been good. They have excellent egg drop soup and their lo mein is outstanding. The portion sizes are generally large. I highly recommend Bonsai if you are nearby.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Hattiesburg, Mississippi
“Good Choice in the Desert”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Excellent-quality sushi, especially for desert location. Salmon teriyaki very tasty. Excellent lunch boxes...great value. Service prompt and friendly.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Davison
“Great food...not so great service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

We were greeted immediately at the door and shown our seats. We weren't given water or menus or anything. I finally told the family that if the waitress wasn't over to at least bring us menus in the next two minutes, then we were leaving. We had already sat there for over five! Finally one of the girls made eye contact with me and said "oh!" and ran the opposite direction, grabbed menus, came right back to us and promptly went to get our drinks. They were very attentive to us until our food was served. Then it was back to what appeared to be business as usual and we had to flag them down two more times for drink refills.

The food was very good. Thank goodness. Our boys had tempura, sushi and teriyaki salmon - and loved everything. I had chicken with garlic which was amazing. The hubby had General Tsaos chicken and said that it was very good. So no complaints from any of us as far as the food goes. If there was a complaint it would be that the egg rolls were more like spring rolls. Very small and not much in them.

Would we eat there again? Absolutely, but I wouldn't EVER go there again if I was in a hurry.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Jewett, Texas
“Best Asian Cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

We have been her for three weeks and going to several different restaurants. This has been the best by far. The staff are very friendly, and the food was GREAT! I am glad that I checked out the top restaurants for Rock Springs. If you are passing through, be sure to stop.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Grecia, Costa Rica
“Surprisingly good Asian cuisine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Bonsai was the #1 rated restaurant in Rock Springs. Although my husband was cautious about having Asian food in a cowboy town, he gave in because of the convenient location (we were staying at the La Quinta down the road). Bonsai seems to have taken over some kind of fast-food establishment (it looked like the Wendy's across the street), and had crammed tables in to the center dining area that was rimmed with booths. On a Saturday night, Bonsai was crowded. We were disappointed that they were out of hot & sour soup, but the shrimp tempura was excellent. I ordered dumplings which were tasty but a bit doughy. I'd definitely go again if we happen to be passing through Rock Springs.

Visited June 2012