“Good Value for the Money” 4 of 5 stars

Motel 8
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   108 Gateway Blvd., Rock Springs, WY 82901   |
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Rock Springs
Denver, Colorado
“Good Value for the Money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

We got to Rock Springs around nine pm and this was the only place we could find with a room, so we took it. We were surprised by how nice the room was for the money ($65) -- microwave, fridge, coffeemaker -- and the king-sized bed was great! Places to stay are few and far between on that stretch of I-80 and this one was just fine.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Ed H

Vernal, Utah, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

I stayed at the Motel 8 for a week will being transferred from Boulder Wy to Vernal Utah...this was a few weeks ago. The lady at the desk was very nice to me. She gave me a very nice rate...with tax I believe it was $55.00 for the night...she said she could give me a great weekly rate of $250. I told her I wasn't sure when I had to be in Vernal, but would now within 24 hours....could I pay for the room for the night rate, and if I found out I didn't need to be in Vernal til the end of the week, could I have the weekly rate with the first night rate added into it? She gladly agreed and said she would do that for me. I found out the next day I would need the room for the week...and the first nights rent was refunded and she charged me 250 for the week.
It's a very clean Motel...it's oldish...but very nice. The wifi worked all week, the flat screen was nice, it had a fridge and a microwave and 2 large clean beds. The bathroom was very clean. Housekeeping was there everyday to make sure my towels were changed, and that I had new coffee for my machine.
I plan on staying there every time i make it through Rock Springs. It is a block from Walmart, and there are lots of restaurants within walking distance.
Nice staff....nice place =)

Room Tip: I had a room down stairs (smoking) and was able to park my car ten feet from my door. I liked that...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
3 Thank Wayne S
Bologna, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

After inquiring several motels in town I opted for the Motel 8 since in my opinion it offered the best quality compared to price . It was for sure overpriced considering that it's a typical no frills motel but cheaper accomodations were definitely to avoid. The room was large and clean and beside two king beds it included microwave, fridge and coffe maker. The location is somewhat far from downtown but it's close to the highways and the business district. In the morning guests can get coffee and tea in the lobby .

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank d8889
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

I recently came from Kansas to Rock Springs WY to visit my husband for a week since he was off of work. After staying in some other hotels outside of Rock Springs we were ready to spend the last few days of my trip in Rock Springs and thought that Motel 8 would be a good choice...WE WERE WRONG!!!

We didn't even get to rent a room. My husband went in to the front desk and asked the rate of a room and if there was one available, he was told $55.00 a night and yes. My husband said that would work and as he began to make the reservation the front desk clerk found out that my husband lives and works in Rock Springs. Since he lives in Rock Springs they couldn't rent us a room! My husband explained that we are both from Kansas but he had moved to Wyoming because he had found work there. He then asked if we could put the room in my name, he was told "No, because we have already seen your I.D. and know you are from here so we can't rent either of you a room".

I have never heard of such a thing. We went basically across the street and stayed at Super* who had no problem giving us a room. And the whole reason we needed a room was so we wouldn't inconvenience our friends whom my husband rents a room from. It was a crazy experience to say the least.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank Wyhereicome
USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2008

I will write a second REVIEW tomorrow. I called when I was about 2 hours out of Rock Springs and was told that they only had one room left that was a non smoking room, I took it. when I got there I had to pee but there is no guest restroom at the front desk. I went to IHOP to pee then came back. I watched them rent three more rooms out to people while I was standing there, without reservations. I can only asume that they are L I A R S. They didn't have to lie to me to get my business. When someone lies that just makes me think what else do they lie about. I am the type of person who leaves good reviews too, because I know that mostly faults are seen and complained about and when something is good people don't leave positive reviews. I have since read the other reviews and would have never stayed here.

Actually the operator gave me the wrong phone number, I wanted Super * a reputable company. N O T Motel Hate I mean Motel 8.

I quit going to cheap motels when I found a pubic hair in a bed.
I will sleep on top on the blanket I carried with me tonight, I am afraid that they may not have cleaned properly, especially when I have caught them in one lie already. When will people realize that deception is not a good business practice. ********. I'll pay more than the 92.00 somewhere else for a night. on your web page it states that32 is the average yearly rate, thats way hard to believe, probably a lie too.

Spankey Lee

• Liked — the room smelled average
  • Disliked — The liing about avaliability and the extreemly high price for nothing special.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
      Check in / front desk
1 Thank spankey1
Rochester
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2008

I'm a truck driver and i was passing thru Rock Springs, WY going to California when one of my air conditionned hoses blew on me. I had to go to Smith Power Products and get it fixed and since they didn't have the hose until the next day i decided to stay at a hotel in town. At the shop they had a list with the hotels and the rates for truck drivers since most hotels offer a 10-20% discount for CDL holders.

I called Motel 8 and reserved a room for $60.88, the price that was advertised at the mechanic shop and asked for directions, she didn't know where the motel was...i had to wait for 10 minutes until she told me it was at exit 102 on interstate 80.

Arrived at the motel they found my reservation but charged me $84.25 plus taxes on top of another $50 she required because i was paying cash and because, we, truck drivers like to use their towels to wash our trucks ...Obviously i was offended especially when she told me that she didn't know who made the reservation and that she was an assistant manager and those rates were for winter drivers..WHAT?? I left and vowed never to stop at Motel 8 in my life!

• Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
      Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank remusan
wyoming
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2006

As a guest of the hotel for approximately 3 nights. I can honestly say I have met the most unprofessional staff begining with management right down the line to even the housekeeping staff. After the second morning of being awakened out of my sleep and staring in to the eyes of an unannounced house keeper ( twice), I decided to give the hotel manager, a courtesy call, to resolve the inconveinent disturbances. Only to be told, by her, "If you do not like your stay here you can go to the Super Motel 8". In which she made the statement in a very belligerent and irate manner. Having some one talk to any guest in such a manner is the most unspeakable incident to ever encounter. Then I had to listen to the personal problems of the staff. As if I did not have problems of my own. If I ever get stranded in Rocksprings Wyoming again, MOTEL 8 would be the last place i'd decide to stay.

• Liked — close to walmart
  • Disliked — unprofessional staff
  • Tips/Secrets — always take reviews serious
  • Stayed September 2006
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank jaehud