“A near perfect stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Rock Springs
Washington, DC
“A near perfect stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

The Holiday Inn brand is not one I typically find appealing. However, I was proven wrong by the Rock Springs Holiday Inn. I arrived and was very, very pleasantly greeted by the front desk clerk after I saw her go out of her way to help another guest in his need for a Holiday Inn between Rock Springs and Sacramento. She was a real pro.
My room was very comfortable. The pillows were marked 'soft' or 'hard' which was a nice touch. The bathroom was clean, the toiletries were adequate and the mattresses were very, very comfortable.
My only complaints are these. I was all set to order room service. The hamburgers from the on-site restaurant sounded like a good choice until I read all hamburgers are cooked 'well'. I happen to like medium rare, so that had me scrambling for another option.
The television also was frustrating. Changing the channels with the remote control was very, very slow and ultimately had me watching Downton Abbey on my I-Pad. So, that may not have been such a huge trade-off :)
The hotel has a large indoor pool and jacuzzi. The jacuzzi water was not as hot as I would have liked.
Others have mentioned the Internet. I had no trouble. The GM seems to have addressed this in previous responses and I can attest that the speed and connections were fine.

Room Tip: I had a room which had no view. I think the window overlooked an area between the hotel and the res...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Liisa A, Manager at Rock Springs Holiday Inn, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at our Holiday Inn. I am glad that you were delighted with the level of service and the comfort of your room. Good to hear also that our upgrade to fiber optic cable is working for great internet service. The room service menu is being revised by the new owner and manager and does offer the hamburger to be cooked to the guest's desired temperature. By the way, I like Downton Abbey too!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I thought this hotel was very nice. I was given a king suite on the first floor-back o the hotel. It was great because it had an outside door also which allowed me to go outside more easily with my dog. There wasn't a ton of room to walk him but it wasn't impossible. I was greeted very kindly by staff - particularly by an older gentlemen whose name I didn't catch (I believe he had just driven a woman in on the van). He was exceedingly warm towards my dog and myself and I really appreciated his kindness.

The room was very good sized (king) and was pretty quiet but the restaurant Wingers is on that side, so I imagine it may be louder at times. I did order room service from Wingers. Had a burger and onion rings - they were very good!

The only thing that could've been better - the shower had some spots on the ceiling that should be cleaned and/or painted over. Oh and I really couldn't access the wifi - worked very little and had to keep logging back in. There were a lot of plug-ins for tech...just wished they would've worked!

Room Tip: Room 104 had little access to wifi.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Liisa A, Manager at Rock Springs Holiday Inn, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
We are excited to report that we have completed running fiber optic cable lines to our 2 Holiday Inn properties to increase our bandwidth over that which is otherwise available in Rock Springs to other hotels. Thanks for staying with us and we were glad to hear that everything else was great!
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

A nice property with a fun restaurant and bar. Staff were friendly and helpful. This would rate an excellent except the internet service was nearly unusable. I finally got on after midnight. Even then it was slow. The night auditor's response was that lots of people were trying to get on. Not sure how that was my problem.

Room Tip: I would try and get away from the restaurant/bar if you want to go to sleep early. Only open until 1...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Liisa A, General Manager at Rock Springs Holiday Inn, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you for your review! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. With respect to the internet speed, we are happy to let you know that we have had fiber optic cable lines run to our hotel to allow us to escape the limited bandwidth that is available in Rock Springs from traditional providers.
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Hotel was nice, clean, and the lobby area was welcoming. Restaurant/bar area was pretty nice as well. Casual dining and nice bar.

Staff set us up in the ballroom to have our meeting, and it worked out great. Private breakfast was brought in for our meeting, and it was very good. Staff was very accomodating, and the prices for meeting room rental and breakfast were very reasonable.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Liisa A, Manager at Rock Springs Holiday Inn, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank you for your review. We are very proud of our welcoming lobby, comfortable rooms and helpful staff. I will let the banquet staff know that your meeting worked out well and that you found our prices reasonable.
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We pulled in without a reservation and were given one of their last rooms on the top floor which happened to have a separate whirlpool tub.

I was very pleased with the surprise - I had wrenched my back earlier in the day escaping a swarm of bees at Flaming Gorge and the jetted tub was just the ticket. The room was clean, the bed comfortable, the amenities nice.

We would stay here again if in the area. We found the hotel staff to be professional, friendly and helpful.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Liisa A, Manager at Rock Springs Holiday Inn, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thank you for letting us know that you had an excellent stay at our hotel and that you found the staff friendly and helpful. In addition, I am glad to hear that you were able to use the jetted tub for your back!
Santa Clara, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

We found the hotel to be unbearably dirty, and the staff to be just so so. If this was a redone hotel, then either we got a room that had not been, or the cleaning staff is completely inadequate as to maintain a room that is supposedly brand new. The first room they gave us was on the first floor, and the carpet was totally stained with big black stains...as if someone in work boots repeatedly stayed and wiped their boots on the carpet. It looked like it had never been cleaned. The furniture was totally scarred and beat up...like it had been severely abused and no one had bothered to fix or change it. We asked for another room, and were moved to the second floor. This room was better by comparison, but as the evening wore on, it lost points. There was one red wall, which was disgusting, dusty and stained by spills that had never been cleaned. It made us wonder why the wall was painted red (and a bad paint job at that) and we decided we did not really want to know. The furniture in this room was also very beat up. If the lifespan of renovation at this hotel is only 6 months or so, is it not the failure of the staff's ability to properly maintain the property? If I owned this property, heads would roll. This was the 5th Holiday Inn property we stayed in on our trip across the US, and by far the dirtiest, and least cared for. Wish we had stayed across the street. Oh, and the restaurant?? Just as bad as the hotel.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Liisa A, General Manager at Rock Springs Holiday Inn, responded to this review, September 15, 2012
I am sorry that your stay was not to your satisfaction. Please contact me at liisa@sweetwaterhsa.com so I can review your rooms and check their condition. Liisa
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

New or recently redone hotel. Nicely appointed, the room was a comfortable size and very clean.

We also got a $20 coupon for breakfast at the hotel restaurant, and it covered a pretty good size breakfast for two of us.

I would definitely recommend the hotel, and would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us. We are happy that you found your room clean and comfortable and enjoyed the Best for Breakfast coupon you purchased with your stay. Please come back again!

Been to Rock Springs Holiday Inn? Share your experiences!