“Great except for wifi” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Rock Springs
Wisconsin
“Great except for wifi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I thought this hotel was very nice. I was given a king suite on the first floor-back o the hotel. It was great because it had an outside door also which allowed me to go outside more easily with my dog. There wasn't a ton of room to walk him but it wasn't impossible. I was greeted very kindly by staff - particularly by an older gentlemen whose name I didn't catch (I believe he had just driven a woman in on the van). He was exceedingly warm towards my dog and myself and I really appreciated his kindness.

The room was very good sized (king) and was pretty quiet but the restaurant Wingers is on that side, so I imagine it may be louder at times. I did order room service from Wingers. Had a burger and onion rings - they were very good!

The only thing that could've been better - the shower had some spots on the ceiling that should be cleaned and/or painted over. Oh and I really couldn't access the wifi - worked very little and had to keep logging back in. There were a lot of plug-ins for tech...just wished they would've worked!

Room Tip: Room 104 had little access to wifi.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank WisconsinGina
Liisa A, Manager at Rock Springs Holiday Inn, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
We are excited to report that we have completed running fiber optic cable lines to our 2 Holiday Inn properties to increase our bandwidth over that which is otherwise available in Rock Springs to other hotels. Thanks for staying with us and we were glad to hear that everything else was great!

Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

A nice property with a fun restaurant and bar. Staff were friendly and helpful. This would rate an excellent except the internet service was nearly unusable. I finally got on after midnight. Even then it was slow. The night auditor's response was that lots of people were trying to get on. Not sure how that was my problem.

Room Tip: I would try and get away from the restaurant/bar if you want to go to sleep early. Only open until 1...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank HummerBob
Liisa A, General Manager at Rock Springs Holiday Inn, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Hotel was nice, clean, and the lobby area was welcoming. Restaurant/bar area was pretty nice as well. Casual dining and nice bar.

Staff set us up in the ballroom to have our meeting, and it worked out great. Private breakfast was brought in for our meeting, and it was very good. Staff was very accomodating, and the prices for meeting room rental and breakfast were very reasonable.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Liisa A, Manager at Rock Springs Holiday Inn, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank you for your review. We are very proud of our welcoming lobby, comfortable rooms and helpful staff. I will let the banquet staff know that your meeting worked out well and that you found our prices reasonable.
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We pulled in without a reservation and were given one of their last rooms on the top floor which happened to have a separate whirlpool tub.

I was very pleased with the surprise - I had wrenched my back earlier in the day escaping a swarm of bees at Flaming Gorge and the jetted tub was just the ticket. The room was clean, the bed comfortable, the amenities nice.

We would stay here again if in the area. We found the hotel staff to be professional, friendly and helpful.

• 5 of 5 stars
Liisa A, Manager at Rock Springs Holiday Inn, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thank you for letting us know that you had an excellent stay at our hotel and that you found the staff friendly and helpful. In addition, I am glad to hear that you were able to use the jetted tub for your back!
Santa Clara, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

We found the hotel to be unbearably dirty, and the staff to be just so so. If this was a redone hotel, then either we got a room that had not been, or the cleaning staff is completely inadequate as to maintain a room that is supposedly brand new. The first room they gave us was on the first floor, and the carpet was totally stained with big black stains...as if someone in work boots repeatedly stayed and wiped their boots on the carpet. It looked like it had never been cleaned. The furniture was totally scarred and beat up...like it had been severely abused and no one had bothered to fix or change it. We asked for another room, and were moved to the second floor. This room was better by comparison, but as the evening wore on, it lost points. There was one red wall, which was disgusting, dusty and stained by spills that had never been cleaned. It made us wonder why the wall was painted red (and a bad paint job at that) and we decided we did not really want to know. The furniture in this room was also very beat up. If the lifespan of renovation at this hotel is only 6 months or so, is it not the failure of the staff's ability to properly maintain the property? If I owned this property, heads would roll. This was the 5th Holiday Inn property we stayed in on our trip across the US, and by far the dirtiest, and least cared for. Wish we had stayed across the street. Oh, and the restaurant?? Just as bad as the hotel.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
Liisa A, General Manager at Rock Springs Holiday Inn, responded to this review, September 15, 2012
I am sorry that your stay was not to your satisfaction. Please contact me at liisa@sweetwaterhsa.com so I can review your rooms and check their condition. Liisa
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

New or recently redone hotel. Nicely appointed, the room was a comfortable size and very clean.

We also got a $20 coupon for breakfast at the hotel restaurant, and it covered a pretty good size breakfast for two of us.

I would definitely recommend the hotel, and would stay there again.

• 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for staying with us. We are happy that you found your room clean and comfortable and enjoyed the Best for Breakfast coupon you purchased with your stay. Please come back again!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Not only is Miranda beautiful she is a valuable asset to the holiday inn corporate and local management team. Checking in was fast, Miranda was very professional, and after a long day on the road - check in was a seemless process that will make me select this particular holiday inn again.

Well done Miranda! My first point of contact with this Holiday Inn was significant enough that I took the time to write this.

• Stayed August 2012