“Clean, quiet, and comfortable.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Riverton - Convention Center

You added Holiday Inn Riverton - Convention Center to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Riverton - Convention Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   900 E. Sunset, Federal Hwy & Sunset, Riverton, WY 82501   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Riverton
florida
“Clean, quiet, and comfortable.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

I had a couple of comfortable nights' stay at this hotel while in town for a job interview. The staff were courteous, the room very clean, and the bed, very comfy! Room had a work desk, lots of lighting, and a cozy chair.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Worcestershire UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2009

Stayed here , as the Comfort Inn up the road seemed expensive at $150 and wouldnt be haggled down even though there only seemed about 6 cars there.
Although older ,the Holiday Inn seemed in good order and the room was nice, and quiet.
However as mentioned by previous posters some of the staff could do with a crash course in customer care. The young chap on reception managed to book me in and take my money without once looking at me( I dont think I`m that ugly!), and despite putting me in a room as far away from reception as it was possible to be, offered no help or advice on how to get there. When attempting to check out the woman on reception just completely ignored me.However other staff doing the more menial jobs like gardening and cleaning were without exception polite and friendly.Perhaps a few job exchanges would improve things!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2009

This was the worst holiday inn ive ever stayed at. a much older hotel and the painting all were water stained like they had been thro a sprinkler accident.
We had put up the sign for fresh linens and only got new towels. The sheets werent touched. Finally on the 3rd day we called and complained and only then did we get the bed made with sheets. We had to call for coffee and shampoo every day since those never got restocked during our stay.
The restraunt staff was VERY unfriendly. We stood at the sign that said "please wait to be seated" for 15 minutes until we finally walked out. Noone said "hello" or "be with you in a few minutes" nothing! However, other (apparently regulars) took their own seats and were waited on.
We did find a great restraunt down the street called JB's. They were very friendly and we gave them HUGE tips for being so kind.
This hotel is not friendly, and dont really care if you stay at their hotel or not. I recommend spending your money else where just as we plan to do next time on our week stay.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Wyoming
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2009

I reserved my room a few days in advance.i asked to make sure their was a refrigerator in my room as I would be here for a few days and pack my lunch from groceries I bring with me. I was told that the order would be put in as my room did not come with a rig. When I arrived I was told there were no refrigerators and only the rooms on the 2nd floor had them in them. I asked to be moved as I had perisible food and it is quite warm. No great efforts have been made in 2 days to find me a room with a frig or an extra frig they could put in my room. I was told there is a waiting list of people wanting a frig. I was never greeted with a smile or apologized to formy inconvenience, I promise I was pleasant and patient. I will be traveling to Riverton each month for the next 4 months and will be staying 2 weeks each month. I will find another motel to stay in - one that has a frig in the room and friendly staff. the rooms are very clean and attractive, it's too bad the service is so non challant.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
wyoming
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2009

I booked this room online and the online site said pets welcome with a $20 extra fee. We packed up and traveled all day to get to the hotel with our puppy, and upon check in, was told that rooms for pets are smoking rooms and that they did not have any smoking rooms available, so we would not be able to bring our puppy into the building. This was not specified on the website, and the sign at the front desk did not specify this, either - the sign just said that a $20 fee would be added for guests with pets. When we tried to address this with the front desk, they would not budge, and my husband ended up sleeping in the car with the puppy. Another time, five years ago, when traveling for business, I arrived at this same hotel, and my room had been given away to a Halliburton worker since the hotel has a contract with Halliburton. I was traveling on State Government business and had had my reservation for over three weeks. My coworker and I were offered free drinks in the bar for the trouble, but nothing was offered to assist us with the lack of a hotel room, and nowhere else to stay in the tiny town of Riverton. We had to argue for over an hour for them to address our issue, and, finally, they did pay for us to have a room in a different hotel in Lander, 25 miles away. Had we not refused to take no for an answer, we would have simply had no place to stay that night and who knows what we would have done, as we had a big meeting the following day. The customer service at this hotel is horrible.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Denver, CO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2008

After six hours on the road from Denver I was happy to finally get to Riverton. Upon checking in, the front staff girls were very friendly. They recognized my PC status and gave me some freebies, to include a free drink at their bar.

I got stuck with a double-bed room, but I was so tired from the long drive that I didn't care, plus the fact that I felt like crap anyways I was happy to chill out and watch the MNF game on their nice flat screen TV.

There was no major positives and nothing bad from this place. If you ever find yourself in Riverton, this is definitely a place to stay. Didn't see a whole lot of other selections, but you can always count on the Holiday Inn for a good night's rest.

• Liked — location and staff
  • Disliked — limited TV channels
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ames, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2008

Older Holiday Inn, but clean and quiet. Friendly staff at check in and check out. Great breakfast and staff. The people running the brunch were great. They went out of their way to make us feel at home. This is the way it should be done! Thanks guys!

• Liked — Great staff!
  • Disliked — We couldn't take the breakfast cook with us!
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Holiday Inn Riverton - Convention Center? Share your experiences!