“Pretty pricey for us, but clean and well equipped” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Riverton - Convention Center

You added Holiday Inn Riverton - Convention Center to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Riverton - Convention Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   900 E. Sunset, Federal Hwy & Sunset, Riverton, WY 82501   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Riverton
The North Coast, Rochester, NY
“Pretty pricey for us, but clean and well equipped”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I got lazy and just booked this one from the car as we were driving across Wyoming. No breakfast included and probably $30 to 50 bucks more than the next place. For my money, I'd stay someplace else. On the plus side, the place is new and immaculate, there is a white-table-cloth restaurant and a small bar. The staff is friendly and helpful. You can walk to pretty much anything in town from their location.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Riverton - Convention Center, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Rightbrainer,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you found our staff friendly and helpful and our superb location. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Getting a little run down. Not too many places to stay in Riverton. Tried my luck here. It's OK. Clean but feels outdated. Parking is a nightmare since the streets are cluttered with people going to the new McDonald's. Next time I think I will try the new casino hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Riverton - Convention Center, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Jacob R,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I sincerely apologize that this visit was less than satisfactory due to the condition of the parking and ambiance of the property not being to your liking. Your comments will be forwarded to the ownership of the hotel to take into consideration for future upgrades.

Be confident that your notes will be shared with the staff involved in the processes for taking the appropriate actions to rectify these unsatisfactory circumstances.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Billings, Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

My experience is that most hotels in the Holiday Inn chain are generally pretty nice. This hotel is nice but lacks in a couple areas. First, the hotel does not offer a complimentary breakfast. That is usually a deal breaker for me but in this case I was traveling for business so I can expense my meals. My only other complaint was that the pool is in a very odd place (right in the middle of the main lobby area) and was only 3 1/2 feet deep. (??) If you have kids traveling with you they would probably enjoy the pool but I felt a little too "on display" personally (it is completely visible from the front desk). If you are just looking for a place a good nights sleep without a lot of amenities then this is a good choice. The beds are very comfortable and the staff is very helpful and nice.

Room Tip: All rooms are street level so any of them are good.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Jessica R, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Riverton - Convention Center, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear Tacoboy4000,

Thank you very much for your recent review of our property. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and we strive to provide competitive rates within the area. I'm deeply sorry that we fell below your expectations regarding the breakfast and the pool. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to serve you again should your travels bring you back to Riverton.

Jessica Rick on behalf of Tim Archer - General Manager
Casper
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Comfortable beds, plenty of room. Flat screen tv, with extended basic cable. Free WiFi. What gets me though? Why do they charge for breakfast? They do have Sunday brunch, but that's even a bit spendy..it seems a bit spendy for the room to not include breakfast. But! There are lots of opportunities for a more reasonable meal. All with in a 2 min drive or a 10 min walk. Great location, good customer service and a lot better than days inn!

• Stayed January 2013
Good Afternoon tickerlock,

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Sadly only the Holiday Inn Express's are allowed to serve a complimentary breakfast in our chain, but we are glad you enjoyed our proximity to downtown. We hope to be able to serve you again on your next trip to Riverton.

Jessica Rick on behalf of Tim Archer
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

Just loved it, close to everything the feeling was that of the Ritz. staff was very attentive, the food from the restaurant was great, the internet worked flawless (multiple networks ) oh and the BEST part for me was the bed and pillows!! Fantastic stay Thank You again!
Brian Venne

• Stayed September 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I was a little worried by the outside appearance of the hotel and the fact that I knew it had been there for a long time. I was pleasantly surprised once I went inside. From the moment the front desk staff greeted us we were very comfortable and the lobby area is beautiful. The room had been recently renovated and was welcoming and soothing. The bed comfortable, the bath nice and large. Even if I had to find a complaint about the room the only one I could come up with was that during the night the refrigerator was noisy. We still slept very well.

I cannot say the same for the restaurant. We were the only people seated on our side and our waitress initially had just our table. It still took half an hour for her to take our order. We were not particularly impressed with dinner and certainly frustrated by the terrible wait staff. I did not return for breakfast but many others staying there with our party said they waited over 45 minutes for their food. This hotel does not offer any continental breakfast.

The hotel was so comfortable to stay in, the facilities also very nice. The front desk staff and every other staff member we had contact with were courteous and went out of their way to be of help. We did stop in the lounge and the bartender there was incredibly friendly and fun. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel for a stay. I'd also recommend you visit the lounge. You can even order food in there and we wish we had. But, I would avoid the restaurant. You can find other places within walking distance that will work much better.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I have stayed here a few times and everytime has been very nice. The rooms are always clean and ready when i arrive.Also the resturaunt food is great! There was one time i went to the bar and a lady bartender was a little rude, i think she was having an overwhelming day, so hope the next time she's working her tude is different :)

Room Tip: lol drier in the laundry room takes to cycles to dry a full load
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Riverton - Convention Center? Share your experiences!