“Worth Planning Your I-80 Trip Around” 5 of 5 stars

Special Rate
Honestly the best price!
Ranked #1 of 3 Rawlins B&B and Inns
Denver, Colorado
“Worth Planning Your I-80 Trip Around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

My husband and I love bed and breakfasts because of the more personal touch and because we love Victorian architecture. Ferris Mansion exceeded our expectations. The restoration of this mansion, in such an unlikely place as Rawlins, is a miracle story. The details on the house and rooms are meticulous, and the results just incredible. We stayed in the Rose room which is very large and comfortable. The breakfast was first rate and the price was quite reasonable. What else can you want in a lovely relaxing place to spend a night? I'd strongly recommend you get off the highway and treat yourself to an excellent bed and breakfast!

Room Tip: Rose room had oodles of space and a claw foot tub to soak away the tired muscles from driving! Ther...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

96 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Braintree, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

"Very clean and well kept homely B&B. The room was very spacious, I would have liked a bath but understand the limitations of this style of property. The owner was very friendly and knowledgeable about the property. I think I would have preferred to ask about the property rather than having an impromptu tour when we had arrived as I was quite tired after a long drive.

The breakfast was very good, I especially liked the antique toaster!

A memorable stay."

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
kmwilder, Owner at Ferris Mansion Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
It gives me great pleasure when my guests find their stay with me to be a respite from the usual.
Grand Junction, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We had a very pleasant, comfortable stay with Kaye Marie. The rooms were great, the porch was so very pleasant and breakfast was super! It's a quiet neighborhood within walking distance of good restaurants and a local bar. The house has been wonderfully restored and is full of period pieces. Woodwork is unbelievable. We took a walk to the old prison for some neat photographs.

Room Tip: The BLue and Rose rooms have larger bathrooms with clawfoot tubs.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We stayed one night on our way back to Denver from Jackson and Kaye Marie owner of Ferris Mansion made us very welcome. Her home is immaculate and her enthusiasm for ensuring her guests receive great service shone through. Our room was very light, spacious and very comfortable and breakfast next day was delicious. We had never stayed in a USA B & B before and it exceeded our expectations and we have no hesitation in recommending staying here, you will not regret it, great value for money.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Lavender room which as the owner described has a smaller (but adequate) bathroom, i...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Collins, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

This B&B is absolutely beautiful, welcoming and classy. Kaye Marie is the sweetest woman and makes you feel welcome to her home (literally!) while maintaining a professional air and a VERY nice, clean, beautiful place to stay! Her cooking is healthy and delicious and I felt 1st class the entire time I was there. Highly recommended, the perfect blend of historic class and modern comfort!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

If I could give Ferris Mansion more than 5 stars, I would! My husband and I became stranded due to snowy roads, but the welcome that we received here made us thankful that we were! Owned by the sweetest woman you'll ever meet, Ferris Mansion will make you feel right at home. Kaye Marie even let me wear her snow boots, winter coat, gloves, and polka dot scarf since I came unprepared for snowy weather. She is an amazing cook (with French toast that is to die for!), a welcoming hostess, and someone I will always look back on with gratefulness. The house is gorgeous (we stayed in the Blue Room) with beautiful furnishings and an awesome claw foot tub in the bathroom. I hope to come back someday as this was the most unexpectedly perfect experience I have ever had. :)

• Stayed April 2013
oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Kaye Marie is a most gracious hostess, and is rightly proud of the Ferris Mansion and how she and her family have restored and cared for this beautiful historic building!
We stopped in Rawlins on a road trip to Denver. The mansion is beautiful and Kaye Marie was welcoming, friendly and informative. We stayed in the Blue Room, but got a tour of all of the rooms, and they were all tastefully decorated and immaculate. Our room was extremely comfortable. The bathroom was roomy and had everything we needed.
Our breakfast was delicious and freshly made, and the coffee was great (very important stuff!).
Everything about this place is comfortable and friendly, even down to the cat!

Room Tip: The descriptions on the website are "right on".
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Ferris Mansion Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!