“A Wonderful Surprise” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children
Panama City, Florida, United States
“A Wonderful Surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

We straggled into Rawlins at the end of a long leg of a cross-country trek hoping to find _anything_ still serving food and got really lucky. The automatic soup was unusually good, and the tom ka gai was based on coconut milk (rather than the tom yum base many use) and wonderful. An excellent lamb dish was prepared from chops cut from a crown roast. and the duck curry was prepared from half a wild duck and delicious. Most importantly, I like fire in my food and most Thai restaurants will not put in enough peppers to make the dish interesting. I told the server I wanted it hot enough to make me tear and I got it that way. If you happen into (or live near) Rawlins, don't miss this one.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

95% Recommend
Ogden, Utah, United States
“Thai food where??”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

On our motorcycle trip to Denver in August we stopped for the night in Rawlins, WY. What a surprise to run into an excellent Thai restaurant in this small town. The food was great, and the atmosphere was friendly and homey. We'll eat there again next time we make it to Rawlins.

Visited August 2013
Topeka, Kansas
“Best food in Rawlins?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I'm not sure it's the best, haven't tried much else there. But I'd be surprised if it's not in the top two or three. The appetizer soup was very good and the lamb chops with basil were near the top of any lamb chops I've ever had. Along with that, the vegetables that accompanied the lamb were superb, flavorful and not over-cooked and it was all swimming in a perfect brown sauce. Service was fine, Thai iced coffee was great, small place but neat and clean. Top it off the resident deer herd came tripping down the street as we ate.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Colorado
“Great Find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I saw the reviews on Tripadvisor. The place was clean, service was friendly, they served a rice soup to you when seated. It was yummy. I had Pad Thai and my husband had Green Curry. Both with chicken. It was plated nicely and both were very good. The dishes were about $10 and you added $2 for meat. Locals were in and out while we were there.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Concord, California
“Good Pad Thai take-out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

The pad thai was good and the portion was very large. They were not very busy but the service was slow. It is a good choice in Rawlins.

Visited September 2013