“stayed in kamping kabin - ok” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Rawlins KOA

Rawlins KOA
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rawlins
Rawlins KOA
You added Rawlins KOA to your Saves list
205 East Highway 71, Rawlins, WY 82301   |
McCook, Nebraska
“stayed in kamping kabin - ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

We stayed for two different nights, once on the way out west and again on our trip back. We had a cabin with one full bed and a bunk bed. The cabin was clean and cute. My kids loved it. The mattress is a rather thin foam mattress, but we expected that. It wasn't very comfortable but the kids slept fine. The showers and bathrooms were clean. My kids liked the little playground. There is no pool or hot tub, or rather there was, but it has been filled in with dirt. It was fine with us because we weren't planning on swimming, but we would have been really disappointed if we had wanted to. It doesn't look like they plan to ever have a pool again, but I didn't ask about it.

We were there in the end of July and I was worried that it would be too hot without A/C, but it was just fine. The evening was cool enough that the fan in the cabin could circulate the air and make it comfortable.

One night I did hear a few gunshots and the next morning there were police talking to someone in a neighboring cabin. I don't know if those two things were related, but it did make me a bit uneasy that night.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Georgetown, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Clean and safe. Easy to find. We had full hook up and the TV worked great. WIFI was strong. We slept well. The pool was under construction which we didn't know. Good stop on the way to Cheyenne. The staff was pleasant. We really didn't use any other facilities.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Eugene, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

My family and I stayed here overnight on our journey from New York to Oregon, and we stayed in one of the tent sites. The tent sites were made of gravel, so make sure if you plan on staying in a tent, you have an air mattress or mattress pad! They had a nice playground for the kiddos, but the pool is filled in with dirt... either they haven't cleaned it in about a decade, or they decided to close it, I'm not sure. (Kidding, but it was a funny thing to see.) The kitchen/ dining area was clean and nice, as they didn't have water hookups for the tent sites, and it wasn't a terrible walk to get to. Hosts were friendly and helpful.

Rawlins, Wyoming
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Stayed over night in a fifth wheel and didn't bother to unhook. Place is not even close to KOA standards. Didn't see a site even close to level. There is no shade, no grass and even the weeds are up through the gravel. Office looks good, but that's it. Other than that, I don't have too much good to say about this place. Drive on unless you're too tired, then plan to roll out of bed as you won't sleep level. Campground needs a lot of work and prices are too high for how poorly maintained it is.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
AUBERRY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Campground is clean and well kept. close to freeway for easy on/off but a little noise. Very barren area. Spaces are narrow and there wasn't much room from one RV to another. we did not use any of the facilities. The wind was blowing heavily and it had stormed.

Laramie, WY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I did not have the bad experience that some of the other reviewers claim to have had while staying here. When we showed up we mentioned to the owners that we had a problem on the road with a tire and they were more than willing to help. Marilyn told me a couple of places in town to go and even pulled out the paper the next morning (as I did not go out the day of arrival to address the problem) to see if she could find phone numbers and coupons for me.

Now onto the stay we showed up and this was our first time staying at a KOA in a camper and not in a cabin and Jim showed us exactly where everything was, even led us to our campsite and showed us the hook-ups there too.

Overall was comfortable the only problem I had is the showers seemed a little dirty as I saw something in one that made it really stink. I did chalk that up to it being before the time for the showers to be cleaned and that they were busy being it was June on a Friday and Saturday.

The one last thing I will say is that on my reservation online I requested a certain row to be in to be away from the streets and Jim and Marilyn made sure that I was in that row, that shows that they did read the reservation and wanted to take care of my request.

I would recommend the Rawlins KOA to anyone passing through and we stay in Rawlins at least once a year and we know where we will stay next time.

Room Tip: Be sure to look at the map of the campground on the KOA website and then call to find out about the...
Omaha, Nebraska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

We only dealt with the wife of this husband/wife team but suffice it to say...she is NOT a people person by any stretch of the imagination.

The owner is a busybody. We arrived early Oct, office was closed so we did night check in. Husband scoped out the (many) empty spots & found a nice level one. Since we would be leaving early in the morning, we didn't want to fuss a lot with levels. The owner came out of her house & insisted we take the one next to the one we chose (???) instead. Took us 30 mins to get rig level! it was getting dark and we still had dinner to cook. I got the dogs out of the rig to walk the over to ur spot & she began "suggesting" (IYKWIM) I take them to the doggy exercise area. We had just stopped at a rest area & exercised the dogs, I just wanted to get them out to stretch & take care of last minute needs so I didn't need this busybody inserting herself.

As my husband walked back to finish the night registration, she went with him & stood over his shoulder while he filled in the registration. Not to make out a receipt for us or open the office for any reason, just to stand over him. Very rude.

Funny, as we were leaving, we stopped to dump trash & a man was directing his wife in their RV at the dump station. He was telling his wife to go one way & the owner was out there telling him his wife needed to go the other. Which, btw, leads me to another point...it actually says on their handout that there is to be 1 bag of trash per RV per day. Sure, I get you don't want someone with a truck full of trash to drive up & un load but the one bag per RV per day...Gestapo.

Next time we have to overnight in Rawlins, I'm going to check out the next campground a mile down the road.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Rawlins KOA? Share your experiences!