“Clean - But you get what you pay for.” 3 of 5 stars

1st Choice Inn of Rawlins
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1904 East Cedar, Rawlins, WY 92301   |
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Rawlins
Boise, Idaho
“Clean - But you get what you pay for.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Clean rooms and sheets, but very dated in the early 70's style. The exterior of the building is original in a grey block style. I stayed two times (one week apart). First stay they messed up my reservations (requested 2 beds) and got one. Second time was fine. The breakfast was lame, and skipped it. No coffee makers in rooms. Towels were small and scratchy. The price was half what other hotels are in the Rawlins area. I will not stay in Rawlins again.

Room Tip: Stay on first floor as there is no elevator.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
National9inns, Manager at 1st Choice Inn of Rawlins, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Steve C,
We would like to thank you for writing us a review. We are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We apologize for the scratchy towels and will work on getting them replaced. We hope to earn your business in the future. Thank you again.
R. Howell – Regional Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Sunset, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We called the hotel directly on June 1st 2013 had three rooms and 3 confirmation numbers. Arrived on June 26th saw sign that said no vacancy. I thought no problem here at 11am. Walked in and was told no openings. Had been booked solid for several weeks. I pulled out confirmation numbers, the date I called the name of the person I talked with. She found only one room. ( 9 people traveling).
Gen was very nice and very upset at what was happening. She started calling other Hotels no rooms!!!! The town is a railroad and oil center and they are going through a boom and workers are being brought in to do an overhaul, and everything is gone.

I was told that they have this problem all the time. The computer program does not handle the week by week people and thus common travelers arrive to find NO ROOM AT THE INN!!! Others arrived after us with the same problem.

I will tell you that Gen did all that she knew how to do, I am grateful for her help. We had made reservations for 3 rooms and 2 nights. We got one room the first night and two the second. Poor management.!! BEWARE>>>>

The Inn is old, but they do keep in nice condition all considered, for the age. There are a lot of mismanagement problems. If they can get the the computer program updated and the staff trained this could be a nice affordable nights stay.

Beware that the fast food places are suffering too. They cannot handle all the workers in town and run very poorly. Local restaurants do much better.

This is a difficult location to get caught without rooms. It's HOT and a dry area make sure you are prepared. MY advice is NOT to BOOK here until problems fixed.

Room Tip: Do not book this Inn until they have corrected all the problems. If you do you may not have a room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Casper99, Owner at 1st Choice Inn of Rawlins, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear fifi260e,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel and I apologize for the problems you had with your reservation. As per the email we had sent you earlier, and as you mentioned in your review, Rawlins has become a very popular destination recently and many guests have been extending their stays which created the problem we had with your reservation. We have taken the steps with local management to make sure that this problem does not happen again. We have now made it a policy that all guests that are extending their stays need to do so well in advance and if they do not they will be asked to leave. Unfortunately this policy was not in place when you visited us last and for that I would again like to apologize.

I also would like to thank you very much for your kind comments about Gen and her efforts to resolve the situation.

Kevin Howell - Owner
PEMBROKE PINES
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

This was a nice place for the money. The room was clean, the beds were decent, the towels were fluffy. We looked at the meager breakfast and skipped it, but there's a coffee shop next door. We would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
National9inns, Manager at 1st Choice Inn of Rawlins, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Dear Sgalper,
Thank you for letting us know about your stay with us at the 1st Choice Inn. We appreciate your business very much and are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your business in the future. Thank you again.

R. Howell - Regional Manager
Douglas, Wyoming
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I "Lived" here for about 2 weeks.

This place is great if you need a cheap room for a night, but do NOT do an extended stay here. The cleaning ladies are horrible, and most don't speak English.

The walls are PAPER thin! You can hear people having sex plain as day. (Wonderful questions from my 3 year old)

The "continental breakfast" is a joke. Here's an apple and some dry cereal. Oh, and a piece of toast.

The WiFi connections were ridiculous. Could barely get a signal.

The ladies at the front desk were RUDE.

It was a bed to sleep in until my house was ready, but I will never stay there again.

Room Tip: Don't stay more than a night or two :)
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

The good news is that the room was clean and spacious with newer carpeting and a comfortable bed. It could benefit from some maintenance repairs (some peeling paint, old bathtub hardware) but overall the room and hotel is in good condition. I appreciated the fridge and microwave in the room. The linens were kinda old, but seemed clean. The woman that checked me in last night was very friendly and accommodating.

The worst part of the hotel is probably the breakfast. The waffle maker wasn't working properly and the woman at the front desk didn't know how to operate it. The remaining food items were very simple..cold cereal, bread/bagels to toast, instant oatmeal. The apples & oranges they had available were not very fresh. But otherwise it was fine and plenty good enough to fill your stomach.

Bottom-line, I would stay here again because the room was very inexpensive.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Casper99, Owner at 1st Choice Inn of Rawlins, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
First I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience at our property as your opinion matters to us. Per your review I have asked my maintenance and manager to address your concerns of peeling paint and inspect all the rooms so that this does not happen to a future guest. I also appreciate your comments on our continental breakfast, we are looking at using the room off of the lobby so that we can offer a larger variety for our guests.

Thanks again for your review.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Room, beds, and bathroom were clean. Didn't run into the issues stated by other reviewers. Friendly staff, very welcoming. Plenty hot water (wonderful after a day of traveling!) Have 2 babies and the room was up to my picky mom clean standards. Great for an overnighter!

• Stayed December 2012

Been to 1st Choice Inn of Rawlins? Share your experiences!